Texanbybirth

Where are all you Canadians?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Posted this topic last week, but the post seems to have disappeared. :) So here I go again. My fiancee is 23 years old and did not realize that he needed to remember everywhere he has lived and worked for the past five years. *shaking head* LOL! He's lived at numerous addresses (with friends, with his parents, and on his own) and isn't sure he will be able to remember the addresses or the timeline of these addresses. He also isn't sure of his work history other than he's worked many many places. Is there someplace he can contact in Canada in order to get this history for the past five years? Also in regards to the police certificate, won't he be able to just get one that covers all of Canada or will he have to get a separate one for each place he has lived? Please help a desperate chic wanting to get this Visa stuff mailed off!! :help:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow...I'm guessing the police certificate will show his places of residence. I'm not for sure on that...does not have any record anywhere of places he's lived? Maybe sitting down and concentrating on it he can remember where he's lived. I wish I could be more help....when my fiance (Canadian) gets back online today, I'll ask him if he knows. Best of luck :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I"m pretty sure my police certificate didn't actually show me where I had lived in all the years previous.. But i did live in a few places in ontario, and i'm pretty sure you only need one for all of Canada, since you get it through the RCMP anyways... I'm not sure who he'd have to contact, or if canada keeps track of that.. Did he tell canada every time he moved? (I didn't always..) Good luck remembering everything!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

this is just a thought, but a credit report ususally shows the different addresses that you have lived also, you may try pulling a credit report on him.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I applied for my Police clearance on December 29/05 and received 2 certificates on January 6/06.............I was amazed at the speed of it!! One was from the RCMP (Canada wide) and the other from the Newfoundland Provincial Court (covering the province). I did put my previous addresses on it but the girl at the RCMP said just the provinces would be good.

So as long as he knows what province(s) he lived in, it should be fine. Good luck..........{{{{HUGS}}}}

Sorry I forgot to mention also that the only address on my certificate was the one I am living at now. No record of the previous 5 years (and I lived at 3 different addresses but in the same town/province). ....{{{{HUGS}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

I am just getting ready for my interview, and he's going to need to remember. What he can do is contact the ministry of labour and they should have his employer records somewhow.

As for where he has lived, I believe he only needs a police certificate for the places he has lived in for 6 months or longer. The packet from Montreal does state that it's needed for all towns, but he can call Montreal and ask them. The police certificate does show all of canada, but I believe there's another record that he'll need. Again, I'm not sure, so it's best to call the Consulate and check.

As for places he's lived, that is going to go hand in hand with the police certificates, so he should really try to remember. If he has Records of Employment from the places he has worked that will help him with residence timeline I'm sure. Most people know where they were living when they were working a certain job.

My advice is to start it and see how much you have. Find out how big the gaps are and then worry about them 1 at a time. You'll get it eventually.

How about a resume? That may help too to show past employers.

Just a thought. Good Luck!!

Edited by canucker18

Adjustment of Status 2008

May 6, 2008 ~~~~~~~ I751 package mailed to Vermont

May 17, 2008 ~~~~~~~~Check Cashed

May 19, 2008 ~~~~~~~~ NOA1

June 20, 2008 ~~~~~~~ Fingerprinting appointment

April 1, 2009 ~~~~~~~~ APPROVED!!!!

K-1 Visa

October 11, 2005 ~~~~~ Mailed I129F (Vermont)

October 25, 2005 ~~~~~ NOA2 in email (yay)

February 8, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview Day! APPROVED!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

March 27, 2006 ~~~~~~ Mailed AOS, EAD, AP to Chicago

March 29, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS, EAD, AP arrives at Chicago Lockbox

March 31, 2006 ~~~~~~~ NOA's for all 3

April 18, 2006 ~~~~~~ Biometrics Appointment in Providence

May 15, 2006 ~~~~~~ RFE in the mail-more financial info

May 26, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS touched

June 19, 2006 ~~~~~ EAD Card in the mail

July 27, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview for Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe that CRA Canada Revenue Agency would have the information that is required since at tax time you were to list your adresses and rent paid on the forms. They should be able to find the information dating back to the time you left home and started living on your own and paid rent. Go to Government of Canada.ca then to department then to Canada Revenue agency and then to tax, I'm sure that there is a 1-800 number you can call for further help.

All the best to you

Cody

Edited by Cody_Koss

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

His previous tax info should at least give him some idea of where he worked & lived for the last 5 years.

To help you be prepared for the next step...

In his packet 3 he will have a DS-230 part 1 that he has to send back.

Question 20 it asks for "all places you have lived for at least 6 months since reaching the age of 18" It just wants the city/town, province, country, and mth-year to mth-year, it doesn't ask for specific street addresses.

Question 22 wants "all employment for the last 10 years" It just wants the Employer, Location (I put city & province), Job title and mth-year to mth-year. I used my old tax info for this as I too had numerous employers in the late 90's.

He should be able to get some sort of tax transcript by contacting the CCRA as previously mentioned.

The police certificate issued by the RCMP (Commissionaires in Toronto) is automatically Canada wide.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Provinces should work fine with Police cetificates, on the form what is required is a list or employment history you can just put in jobs which you wrkd max for also same applies for places lived, i never said on my forms of places which i rented out for less than six months in the same province...

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Police certificates - RCMP only

Work history - Tax returns - he can probably get copies

where he lived - only has to be town and province, month and year, so hopefully that will help

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.