8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

It's been a while now since i ve been following the posts at VJ and it truly helped me. i am here on k3 visa and i applied for AOS in the mid of May and got biomatrics appointment on 2nd June. now i have recieved interview letter for September 6. so i have few questions to get myself ready for this.

My first question is about Affidavit of support, since my husband 's income is below the poverty line we used co-sponsor. Now are we supposed to take affidavit of support filled out by co-sponsor(or a copy of that) AGAIN with us to the interview. as we already submitted that with our AOS application and the it 's written on the interview letter that an affidavit of support unless we have submitted it before. so what do u guys suggest? do i need to take that again to the interview?

I havent got my ssn yet, another 4 weeks to get it because i applied ssn after getting EAD and they didnt had my name in the SAVE system. they are just waiting to varify my docs with the immigration. So in this short time i can just manage to get a joint back acoount( only if i get my ssn by the mid of August)

hmmm any advice regarding this.

About vaccination , i didnt mailed it with AOS so i am gonna get it done before the interview.

I am going to have this interview at detriot. so r there any vjrs who had their interviews at detriot and would like to guide me and share their experiences.

I would appreciate any help

:)

N400

Date Filed : June 9, 2009

NOA Date : June 18, 2009

Bio. Appt. : July 22, 2009

Interview : Sept 22, 2009 *Approved*

Oath : Sept 30, 2009

Applied Passport : Sept 30. 2009

Received passport: Oct 07, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

It's been a while now since i ve been following the posts at VJ and it truly helped me. i am here on k3 visa and i applied for AOS in the mid of May and got biomatrics appointment on 2nd June. now i have recieved interview letter for September 6. so i have few questions to get myself ready for this.

My first question is about Affidavit of support, since my husband 's income is below the poverty line we used co-sponsor. Now are we supposed to take affidavit of support filled out by co-sponsor(or a copy of that) AGAIN with us to the interview. as we already submitted that with our AOS application and the it 's written on the interview letter that an affidavit of support unless we have submitted it before. so what do u guys suggest? do i need to take that again to the interview?

Yes I would take one :)

I havent got my ssn yet, another 4 weeks to get it because i applied ssn after getting EAD and they didnt had my name in the SAVE system. they are just waiting to varify my docs with the immigration. So in this short time i can just manage to get a joint back acoount( only if i get my ssn by the mid of August)

Joint things are what they want to see :)

About vaccination , i didnt mailed it with AOS so i am gonna get it done before the interview. This should have been done already with or before the medical so not sure if you need to take them I guess so if they do not have them now :)

I am going to have this interview at detriot. so r there any vjrs who had their interviews at detriot and would like to guide me and share their experiences. mine was in Charlotte make sure you have ALL things on the checklist and ALL things tying u 2 as a couple. Hope this helps, maybe others will add more :)

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

If I were you, I might as well bring all copies of everying with me to to the interview.(I believe you did make all copies before you sent all applications. For the rest of the matter, why don't you call 1800 number and ask them about that. Good Luck. :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I haven't even filed for AOS yet however from what I read on this site you should probably bring 2 copies of everything you originally sent.

For the co sponsor issue...you might want to bring a few pay stubs or employment letter. Maybe a bank statement to show how much they have in the bank. Bring 2 copies of the original I-864 too.

You don't need a SSN to open a joint bank account with all banks. Try going to a few and use your passport to open one. I got a joint account with my husband at Wachovia with my passport/birth certificate.

I'm not sure about the vaccination. Are you talking about the vaccination supplement form?? Did you have a medical already for AOS or for a K visa? Did they ask you for a vaccination supplement form?

Hmmmm other advice would be anything you can do to prove combined debts. Try getting added to your husbands credit cards, get your name on the lease/mortgage (or get someone to write a notarized letter saying you live with your husband). Try getting joint health insurance or car insurance. I have heard people showing their life insurance with the spouse as the beneficery. Bring some mail addressed to the 2 of you at the same address (join netflix or something like that). Other people bring phone records and pictures.

Hope that helps abit and congrats on your speedy interview!!

Good luck

K3 Timeline

Oct. 12 2005 Applied for K3 (Day 1)

Jan. 9th 2006 Received packet 3 (Day 89)

Jan. 19th 2006 Sent back packet 3 (Day 99)

March 20th 2006 Received packet 4 (Day 159)

April 20th 2006 K3 Appointment in Montreal (Day 190)

April 21st 2006 Received K3 (Day 191)

April 22nd 2006 Arrived in Florida!!!!! (Day 192)

EAD Timeline

May 3rd 2006 Chicago receives my application (Day 1)

May 8th 2006 NOA received (Day 5)

May 22nd 2006 Biometrics appointment letter received (Day 19)

June 3rd 2006 Biometrics complete (Day 31)

June 13th 2006 EAD card received in Mail!!!!!!!!! (Day 41)

June 13th 2006 Applied for SSN (Day 41)

July 13th 2006 SSN card arrives in the mail (Day 71)

AOS Timeline

Oct. 30th 2006 Sent in our paperwork to Chicago (Day 1)

Nov. 11th 2006 NOA Received (Day 12)

Nov. 13th 2006 Touched (Day 14)

Nov. 18th 2006 Biometrics taken (Day 19)

Dec. 14th 2006 Case transferred to California (Day 45)

Dec. 31st 2006 File arrived in California (Day 62)

Jan. 20th 2007 Touched (Day 82)

May 8th 2007 Case trasnferred to National Benefits Center (Day 190)

May 16th 2007 Case arrived at National Benefits Center (Day 198)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi,

Yes I would take one :)

Joint things are what they want to see :)

About vaccination , i didnt mailed it with AOS so i am gonna get it done before the interview. This should have been done already with or before the medical so not sure if you need to take them I guess so if they do not have them now :)

I am going to have this interview at detriot. so r there any vjrs who had their interviews at detriot and would like to guide me and share their experiences. mine was in Charlotte make sure you have ALL things on the checklist and ALL things tying u 2 as a couple. Hope this helps, maybe others will add more :)

Hi, it is so happened that our interview is also in Detroit on Sept. 7. Just to make sure I will bring everything that I submitted in my AOS package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.