jelti

HELP! EAD RETURNED; NOT DELIVERABLE!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Help us!! Ahhhhhh, just when we'd given up hope of receiving Aidan's EAD, our case status was updated today!

On July 26, 2006, the card or document we had mailed to the applicant was returned by the post office as undeliverable. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

We're obviously gonna call them in the morning...but what can we do? OUR ADDRESS HASN'T CHANGED! Do they use a private courier? Were we supposed to sign for this? How on earth could this letter have been undeliverable?! Aidan needs his EAD right now because we're broke and he needs a job!

What should we do? :(

Thanks in advance, guys!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

This is #######!..

Does anyone know if USCIS uses a private currier or require a signature for delivery of an EAD? I was assuming it was delivered by USPS? Sticking our last name on the mail box isn’t a bad idea, don’t know how the landlord would take to it! Our house number is quite clearly printed on the side of our mail box on the side of the street the “post man” delivers on! Everything else that’s had to be mailed to us has been received, without a problem? Is this a case of a postal worker just not finding our house or accidently delivering it to the wrong house?

Are there any faster ways other than “waiting 30 days” for quite possibly nothing or making an appointment then doing the death drive into Orlando again?

Thanks for the response!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

This is #######!..

Does anyone know if USCIS uses a private currier or require a signature for delivery of an EAD? I was assuming it was delivered by USPS? Sticking our last name on the mail box isn’t a bad idea, don’t know how the landlord would take to it!

I was under the impression that you were supposed to put the names of the people living at your address into the mailbox. Everywhere I have ever lived in the US, there has been a space on my mailbox to put my name. I was also under the impression that if your name wasn't on the mailbox Green Cards/EADs would be returned, so you should definitely do this.

All USCIS mail is sent by USPS and my Greencard was not delivered because my name was not on the mailbox......

No you dont have to sign for it.... no other way to fix this without phoning 0800 or making a infopass... sorry

Kezzie

OK, I totally did not know we had to have our name on our mailbox! USCIS never mentions any of this in any of their documents! How were we to know? This is awful!

So ok, we'll go tomorrow and get sticky letters to put our name on the box. Do we need to just put our last name on it, or our first names as well?? Talk about invasion of privacy! :unsure:

Kezzie, so if we put the name on our mailbox, and call the 1800 number...they will definitley resend the card? What did you mean by them making us wait 30 days?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jelti, usually your name can go in the mailbox somewhere not in plain sight. I have one of those classic curbside mailboxes and me and my wife's names are on the inside of the door so they are only visible when mailbox is opened.

Filed: Timeline

You need only put your last name.....

If you call the 0800 they will tell you they will request the EAD to be resent and you should wait 30 days before you call again.... they are not USCIS officers they are a contractor that just answers the phones... it would be much better if you were able to go to your local office with an infopass appointment as well they should be able to get it sorted out for you...

I did not know about the name on the mailbox until my greencard failed to turn up.... I was told by the USPS that all USCIS mail should only be delivered to addresses with a name on them... although I had got all the other mail USCIS had sent.... but I made sure ouir name was on the mailbox for when they resent my greencard.... I just printed it out on the computer and stuck it on the mailbox with sticky tape....

Kezzie

Kezzie and dr_lha, thank you both very much for your advice.

I'm gonna put our name on our mailbox tomorrow. I really can't afford another day off work to go to an infopass appointment, but if it needs to be done, we'll do it.

This really sucks, but then again, so has this whole process. I almost want to say "what else can go wrong?", but as Aidan and I are examples of Murphy's Law, that probably wouldn't be a good idea. :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

All USCIS mail is sent by USPS and my Greencard was not delivered because my name was not on the mailbox......

No you dont have to sign for it.... no other way to fix this without phoning 0800 or making a infopass... sorry

Kezzie

OK, I totally did not know we had to have our name on our mailbox! USCIS never mentions any of this in any of their documents! How were we to know? This is awful!

So ok, we'll go tomorrow and get sticky letters to put our name on the box. Do we need to just put our last name on it, or our first names as well?? Talk about invasion of privacy! :unsure:

Kezzie, so if we put the name on our mailbox, and call the 1800 number...they will definitley resend the card? What did you mean by them making us wait 30 days?

Thanks so much for your help!

Melissa, the same thing happened me. I was sent 3 emails on the 23rd saying that an rfe was sent to me requesting additional information. In the first week of july our local postman moved and the new postperson wasnt updated that i lived at my parents in law address. So any rfe that was sent to me was sent back by the post office. I rang the mis information line many times and god they havent a clue. I went to the postmaster and i told her that i wasnt receiving mail from USCIS. She added me to the mailbox and i also have my name in the inside of the postbox. Finally after 2 infopass meetings they are going to send the rfe again. I am just hoping i receive the notice as the immigration officer emailed lee's summit to request the rfe to be sent. She also told me lee's summit received the retuned notice from the post office on the 19th of july. I rang uscis on the 24th, they told me that lee's summit hadnt got any notice back yet. Conclusion the mis information line are a waste of time so in the future its infopass meetings.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I just wanted to say that a similar thing happened to me. I hope aidan gets the EAD soon. USCIS should have it written in capital letters when thye send the AOS package that your name has to be on the mailbox. In ireland last year i didnt have my name on the mailbox yet i received all letters from immigration. When i taked to the postmaster last week she said they are trained to take such measures as it is considered sensitive information so anything important will be sent back unless your name is on the mailbox.

Im sorry again this has happened.Its sucks bigtime. Make an infopass and expalin and hopefully they can help.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

In ireland last year i didnt have my name on the mailbox yet i received all letters from immigration.

I think the practice of putting your name on your mailbox is only common in the USA. It seems to depend where you live as to how strict the USPS is about it as well, where I am now the mailman held all our mail until we (a) wrote our names on the mailbox and (B) filled in a special form stating who was living at our address. When these two things were done, suddenly 2 weeks of mail were delivered!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Schedule an infopass and explain to the officer, they will send it out again.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I called the “National Customer Service Center” and after almost 15 minutes of navigating the incredibly annoying menu system I get put on hold for a agent/customer service representative.. whoever it was… while waiting I get disconnected… another 15 minutes later and I’m talking to woman who’s English is probably worse than mine with a not that easy to understand accent… ah well..

As suggested and or posted here… the people at this place are not that helpful, I get told “exactly” the same thing that it tells me online about my case!.. To cut to the point, I request that my “card or document” be resent to the same address and ask how long it will take to arrive… I’m told that my EAD was approved and that “if 30 days pass and you don’t have it, call us back” then of course this woman takes all my information, A Number, Case Number, Address, Name.. and she states that she will try to send in the request to have the card resent!.. I also ask why the card was returned… I get the response; I don’t know you should talk to your post office about that!

We have also made an infopass appointment for early August, it was the only day and time left available!

This process is honestly the biggest pile of $hite I’ve ever went through or encountered and if I had of known what I know now while I was back home, I’d have stayed there! It would take a maximum of approx 1 week to do all the same ####### (without the harassing fee’s) for my wife back home! At this point in time I’m so fedup and sickened with this that all I can say is I can’t wait to escape from this and get back home!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That really sucks that they didn't deliver it. I really hope you get your new one soon. I had no idea you need to put your name on your post box. We don't have our name on ours and my EAD and immigration notices always reach us.

After reading this thread, I am starting to think I should go put my name on the mailbox incase our regular mail girl is off or moves the day I get something from USCIS.

Good luck to you!

K3 Timeline

Oct. 12 2005 Applied for K3 (Day 1)

Jan. 9th 2006 Received packet 3 (Day 89)

Jan. 19th 2006 Sent back packet 3 (Day 99)

March 20th 2006 Received packet 4 (Day 159)

April 20th 2006 K3 Appointment in Montreal (Day 190)

April 21st 2006 Received K3 (Day 191)

April 22nd 2006 Arrived in Florida!!!!! (Day 192)

EAD Timeline

May 3rd 2006 Chicago receives my application (Day 1)

May 8th 2006 NOA received (Day 5)

May 22nd 2006 Biometrics appointment letter received (Day 19)

June 3rd 2006 Biometrics complete (Day 31)

June 13th 2006 EAD card received in Mail!!!!!!!!! (Day 41)

June 13th 2006 Applied for SSN (Day 41)

July 13th 2006 SSN card arrives in the mail (Day 71)

AOS Timeline

Oct. 30th 2006 Sent in our paperwork to Chicago (Day 1)

Nov. 11th 2006 NOA Received (Day 12)

Nov. 13th 2006 Touched (Day 14)

Nov. 18th 2006 Biometrics taken (Day 19)

Dec. 14th 2006 Case transferred to California (Day 45)

Dec. 31st 2006 File arrived in California (Day 62)

Jan. 20th 2007 Touched (Day 82)

May 8th 2007 Case trasnferred to National Benefits Center (Day 190)

May 16th 2007 Case arrived at National Benefits Center (Day 198)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.