RebeccaAndPhil

AOS Approved!! Philadelphia, PA Interview Experience!

24 posts in this topic

Thank you for posting this. Its so nice to read a post from someone who had their AOS interview at the Philadelphia, PA office since that is where I will be attending if an interview is needed. I plan on having all my paperwork in hand also. Thank you for sharing your experience. Congrats, peace and blessing to you :)

Thanks & good luck to you too! :star:

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Rebecca&Phil congratulations!!!! :thumbs::dance::star:

Now you guys are done for 21 months, then lifting conditions!!! :dance:

Now enjoy having some peace of mind!!! :devil:

I still haven't got my 2 year GC on the mail, it's been a month after our approval :crying:

vmnrh8symn0o8.png

09/04/09 AOS (I-485; I-130 & I-765) sent to Chicago Lockbox

09/07/09 AOS received; signed by RMercado

09/11/09 Receipt notice on I-485; I-130 & I-765

09/15/09 Biometrics Appmt received for 10/07/09

10/07/09 Biometrics completed at the local USCIS office

10/29/09 EAD arrived by mail

11/13/09 Went to my local ss office to request a ss. Should be getting my card in less than 2 weeks :)

11/21/09 Received my ss card on the mail!

12/07/09 Got a job :)

12/14/09 Initial interview for AOS @ 11:30 am. Jehova es mi pastor, nada me faltara!

12/14/09 AOS Approved...Conditional Permanent Resident!

12/15/09 Case closed by IO, reopened again on the day of our 2nd weeding anniversary (God works in misterious ways)

01/19/10 10 yr GC arrived in the mail :)

10/02/10 Applying for US Citizenship, with God's will :) :)

Hi RebeccandPhil, did u get any updates online for your cases such as "card production ordered"? We had the interview on Jan 14 in New York, and we were told that we were approved although we did not receive the I-551 stamp. However, we did not receive any updates online nor was our status changed for some reason.

If anyone is in the same situation speak up as well ;)

Thanks, I appreciate your reply guys.

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I am in the same situation as you. We were approved, and also got a approval notice saying it is approved and the card ordered, and mail in 2 weeks on site yesterday. However, I did not received any online update. I am starting paranoid as we are having a loan contingent to the physical card. I will pray for you and myself...hope everything goes smoothly.

Hi RebeccandPhil, did u get any updates online for your cases such as "card production ordered"? We had the interview on Jan 14 in New York, and we were told that we were approved although we did not receive the I-551 stamp. However, we did not receive any updates online nor was our status changed for some reason.

If anyone is in the same situation speak up as well ;)

Thanks, I appreciate your reply guys.

Seems a lot of us are waiting for updates then. We haven't heard anything since the interview, no e-mail, no touches, no online updates. Our IO did say "You'll probably receive your GC in the mail before you hear anything online" but we usually get online updates whenever something happens (like EAD card production). I know I'm being paranoid but I just wish they'd show some sign that we actually went to the interview!

AOS

08/15/09- Wedding

ROC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Seems a lot of us are waiting for updates then. We haven't heard anything since the interview, no e-mail, no touches, no online updates. Our IO did say "You'll probably receive your GC in the mail before you hear anything online" but we usually get online updates whenever something happens (like EAD card production). I know I'm being paranoid but I just wish they'd show some sign that we actually went to the interview!

Yeah im the same way. My wife is being paranoid about it because she has read stories where they accidently put the file into storage without actually ordering production of the card. I scheduled an infopass appt just in case in two weeks. If I dont receive the GC by then or at least some indication that it was approved I will ask for the I551 stamp as we have tickets to go on vacation.

Yeah im the same way. My wife is being paranoid about it because she has read stories where they accidently put the file into storage without actually ordering production of the card. I scheduled an infopass appt just in case in two weeks. If I dont receive the GC by then or at least some indication that it was approved I will ask for the I551 stamp as we have tickets to go on vacation.

I hope they can give you good news! :thumbs:

AOS

08/15/09- Wedding

ROC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My hubby & I had our interview today!

Anyway, here's how our day went:

Our interview was at the Philadelphia, PA office @ 8:30AM. We had stayed overnight at a hotel within walking distance the night before to ensure that we wouldn't hit traffic. We got up at 6AM this morning (neither of us are morning people so this was difficult lol) and started getting ready. We got to the office by 8AM and went through security (they move very fast but are generally nice). The IO is on the third floor so we went to wait in their big waiting room. There were only a few other people there and most of them seemed to be for family petitions rather than marriage petitions. We handed our interview letter to the front desk, she took it, stamped it, and kept it. While we waited we saw one other couple who were called in before us. They were separated since the IO called in one and then the other. While the woman was waiting behind us I asked her how it was. She said she was the USC and they grilled her husband more than her but that it was nothing to worry about. After her husband came back out and they left we waited about 5 more minutes and then the same IO who had interviewed them came back and called us. I just assumed he was going to separate us too but we both went back into his office. These are the questions he asked:

Am I a USC? Was I born in the US? I said yes to both

Asked to see both of our birth certificates & passports

Asked my husband what country he was from

Asked how we met

Had each of us met the other's parents? Also asked each of us to say their names

Asked what our address was & phone numbers

Did we have any kids?

Asked for pictures & evidence that we are married.

We provided him all of our evidence (we had join bank accounts, joint lease, joint cell phone plan, joint health insurance, joint car insurance, joint credit card). He seemed impressed with all the evidence and took copies of each to keep.

After all the questions he seemed to relax a bit and asked if we had any questions. I asked him (since I'm the beneficiary) if I'm allowed to change jobs and/or stop working when we have kids. He said "I don't really know but no one will check so you will be ok" :lol: He asked if we had been married for longer than 2 years and when we said no he said "You'll get a conditional GC in the mail within 1 month" so I said, "Does that mean we're approved?" and he said Yes! I asked if he was going to stamp my husband's passport and he said they were told they can't do that anymore. He didn't take the AP or EAD but said he would be entering the update into the computer by this afternoon or tomorrow.

In general, he was a nice guy (serious during the question asking but relaxed before and after) and it went really well!! I was so glad he looked at the documents I spent months preparing and he did mention "Thanks for being so prepared, it makes life easy." :thumbs: He paged briefly through our wedding album and that was that!!

Now we're DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: THANK YOU for everyone's support (F)

Congratulations!!!!

(AOS Sent 12/31/09)

AOS NOA letter received 1/12/10

1/6/10 received date

1/8/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 1/25/10

01/14/10 notice date

02/04/10 appointment date

(AED Sent 1/19/10)

AED NOA letter received 1/29/10

1/21/10 received date

1/27/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 2/2/10

1/29/10 notice date

2/17/10 appointment date

(RFE med exam)

RFE letter received 1/25/10

Notice dated 1/22/10

2/08/10 RFE response sent

2/16/10 received date by uscis MO

(Interview)

Appointment letter received 3/17/2010

Notice dated 3/10/2010

Interview date 4/14/2010

Approved GC 4/14/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.