9 posts in this topic

we had our aos interview in june, and at that time, the interviewer removed anthony's I-94 from his passport. um...isn't he supposed to turn that in when he leaves the country? he still has his AP document...is that enough? when we travel, will he need to bring anything else along, like an appointment letter for our interview or something? i guess what i'm asking is...right now he has nothing really stating that he's an adjustment applicant who is just waiting for FBI namecheck.

at our interview, the officer was going to give us some print out or letter or some such, but he couldn't get his printer to work, so we didn't get it. :bonk: what is this mysterious letter, and should we try to get a copy of it before we travel? i told him that day that we'd wait for him to print it someplace else or whatever, but he said he didn't have time. :blink: by the way, that was the same answer he gave us when we asked if he could check if we were through namecheck yet.

then again, i won't give up hope. we're not traveling until august 22...it's entirely possible we could have a greencard by then...right? :lol:

can't blame a girl for being optimistic!

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

c'mon...no one knows the answer to this?

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

As he would be adjusting status, and nearly an LPR (if traveling with AP), I wouldn't think the I 94 is necessary. That is for visitors to the US.

But don't quote me on that! :P

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well I don't know the answer today but I will tomorrow night. My stepson has the same problem. He has reservations to travel on 7/31 and AOS has been approved and I-94 removed but no action so I assuming he is waiting for name check. He has his AP.

I made an infopass appointment for tomorrow, so after a 8hr drive and a 15 min meeting I hope to see if he can travel on his AP and no I-94.

I will let you know tomorrow what the immigration officer says....

If anyone knows for sure or has traveled on AP without I-94 while waiting... then you can save me a trip..

When I travelled home to Canada for a visit, I was not given an I94 when I came back into the US.

When you leave the US you just leave, they don't look or care.

It's when you come back into the country that the I94 comes into play.

As far as I can tell as long as you have your AP, that alone allows you to re-enter the country.

I know this because I could travel back to Canada right now, without and I94 in my passport, and then come back to the US with my AP. Make sense? I think he's fine.

That's my 2 cents.

Adjustment of Status 2008

May 6, 2008 ~~~~~~~ I751 package mailed to Vermont

May 17, 2008 ~~~~~~~~Check Cashed

May 19, 2008 ~~~~~~~~ NOA1

June 20, 2008 ~~~~~~~ Fingerprinting appointment

April 1, 2009 ~~~~~~~~ APPROVED!!!!

K-1 Visa

October 11, 2005 ~~~~~ Mailed I129F (Vermont)

October 25, 2005 ~~~~~ NOA2 in email (yay)

February 8, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview Day! APPROVED!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

March 27, 2006 ~~~~~~ Mailed AOS, EAD, AP to Chicago

March 29, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS, EAD, AP arrives at Chicago Lockbox

March 31, 2006 ~~~~~~~ NOA's for all 3

April 18, 2006 ~~~~~~ Biometrics Appointment in Providence

May 15, 2006 ~~~~~~ RFE in the mail-more financial info

May 26, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS touched

June 19, 2006 ~~~~~ EAD Card in the mail

July 27, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview for Green Card

yeah, thanks guys! i guess i'm just a little confused because i thought that the I-94 was what was surrendered when exiting the US...like, they use that number to track who's in the country, supposedly?

he does have a stamp in his passport, on the page next to his visa, that says "paroled until 25 october, 2006" so i'm hoping that along with the AP will be sufficient.

i'm betting $1600 in airfare that it will be.

I made an infopass appointment for tomorrow, so after a 8hr drive and a 15 min meeting I hope to see if he can travel on his AP and no I-94.

I will let you know tomorrow what the immigration officer says....

thanks, i'd really appreciate it! :)

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello..

I'm sorry to report back to you that when we arrived for the appointment they found out that my son was approved and someone did not update the system. So they corrected the problem and stamped his passport so he could travel.

I do understand that you can make an infopass appointment just to have passport stamped if approved. During our interview we were told that they do not stamp passports but upon our return they did.

Also, I understand that if the case is pending FBI name check, you can travel on the AP because it is not officially approved. Also, the I-94 is to track when you leave to make sure you do not overstay. If you are in the AOS process then this is not necessary...

Good Luck.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.