The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea my husbands family will go to a wedding even if they don't like someone. They'll complain all the way, and get up and leave early and then complain afterwards, judging everyone who was there... I really don't get that. If I don't like someone, I won't go. Why go and be miserable? I can't put on that fake front of "Aww I'm so happy for you" if I'm not.

I went to his cousins wedding, and him and his family don't get along with them too much. I wasn't really in the loop on all the drama as it had been going for years before I was in the picture. Well when it came time to leave, none of them even said goodbye to his new wife. I just thought was really petty. She didn't do anything to them. Then they went on about how fat she was. I just thought... why did you guys even show up? I guess it "looks" good, but as an observer, I was kind of floored at the things that were said at our table.

And I imagine the same things were said at our wedding by his cousin and his family, because that's what they do, they bicker back and forth, and they left our wedding early too. Like going to these weddings was a chore for both parties. Lame. Drink, dance and have a great time. Leave the drama at the door.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Word!

Yea my husbands family will go to a wedding even if they don't like someone. They'll complain all the way, and get up and leave early and then complain afterwards, judging everyone who was there... I really don't get that. If I don't like someone, I won't go. Why go and be miserable? I can't put on that fake front of "Aww I'm so happy for you" if I'm not.

I went to his cousins wedding, and him and his family don't get along with them too much. I wasn't really in the loop on all the drama as it had been going for years before I was in the picture. Well when it came time to leave, none of them even said goodbye to his new wife. I just thought was really petty. She didn't do anything to them. Then they went on about how fat she was. I just thought... why did you guys even show up? I guess it "looks" good, but as an observer, I was kind of floored at the things that were said at our table.

And I imagine the same things were said at our wedding by his cousin and his family, because that's what they do, they bicker back and forth, and they left our wedding early too. Like going to these weddings was a chore for both parties. Lame. Drink, dance and have a great time. Leave the drama at the door.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You know, you have a really good point. My husband and I have an agreement that we will never go to her house if she or his brother invites us, and that she is never invited to our house, ever. We've also agreed that we won't go out with them to hockey games or restaurants like we used to. And unless it's a big family event, we're going to avoid any contact with her, period. We did not want her at our wedding, so we did not invite her. She showed up anyway and was completely miserable and that made me angry.

I don't have a problem going to her wedding because my presence will make her miserable. I am a b*tch too, but after reading your post, I will make a better attempt to be an honest b*tch.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

I guess its hard... it's your brother-in-law.

Do you have any clue at all what her issue is? Someone should just call her out on it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I have never had to deal with that kind of stuff on my wedding, but I had things said to be on and around my wedding that hurt.

When I went for my last dress fitting, yea my dress was a little tight, and my MIL said: "You'll have to get liposuction before your big day" that really hurt my feelings.

Then on my wedding day, I was jokiing around with the photographer and asked: "Did you get my good side?" and my husbands grandmother said: "Do you even have a good side?"

I may not be drop dead gorgeous or a hot tamale... but I am comfortable in my own skin. They are not, and it shows through their comments and how much they focus on things like weight and looks. That's their misery though. I gained 40 pounds since I have lived here... so what. I'm happy.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Wha?

People are SUCH aholes. Really. Just makes me want to sequester myself away and not deal with that sort of b.s. What is wrong with people.

I do NOT advocate doing things to be vindictive and I am NOT perfect and mess up a lot, I am good with egg on my face and would never say anything like that juts to be mean.

GAWD!!

I have never had to deal with that kind of stuff on my wedding, but I had things said to be on and around my wedding that hurt.

When I went for my last dress fitting, yea my dress was a little tight, and my MIL said: "You'll have to get liposuction before your big day" that really hurt my feelings.

Then on my wedding day, I was jokiing around with the photographer and asked: "Did you get my good side?" and my husbands grandmother said: "Do you even have a good side?"

I may not be drop dead gorgeous or a hot tamale... but I am comfortable in my own skin. They are not, and it shows through their comments and how much they focus on things like weight and looks. That's their misery though. I gained 40 pounds since I have lived here... so what. I'm happy.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

#######. Ive seen pictures of you and you are very pretty. They wouldnt have said that if you actually were ugly. That is just catty b1tch talk.

So out of line.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Agreed and agreed.

#######. Ive seen pictures of you and you are very pretty. They wouldnt have said that if you actually were ugly. That is just catty b1tch talk.

So out of line.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

I remember seeing a pic of you from your wedding. You look fantastic!!

I've gained about 20 lbs. Do I like it...ummmmm NO!! But like you, I'm happy.

One of my friends here, she gained weight because of various circumstances in her life, and when people said..."oh..you gained some weight.." she looked them right in the eye, and with the best attitude I've ever seen said to them..."yeah...but I still look good!!"

I love my friend! :)

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

It doesn't matter though. I don't take it personally, because they have something to say about all of the women their boys choose. Could you imagine living a life focusing on all of the wrongs? That's miserable. That's their misery, not mine. Sure it hurts, but I have learned that it's not just me, it's all the women who get it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, my family being mostly Irish would never pass up an open bar, no matter how much we hate each other :lol:

Timeline

Well, my family being mostly Irish would never pass up an open bar, no matter how much we hate each other laughing.gif

The open bar is the silver lining to every wedding!

Donne moi une poptart!

There is SO MUCH drama in Varba's family. I did the best with seating at our wedding, but ultimately it's our wedding and we're gonna do what we want.

I know at least 25% of the people will be offended by the dancing and about 35-40% of them will be offended by the alcohol, but too bad! They can leave... or I can stick darkchilde on them, she'll tell them were to go :P

I plan on staying out of the drama and just sitting back and observing. Varba's cousin's wife has tried to drag me into the drama but each time I've managed to stay out.

Also, Varba's aunt (this is grandma's daughter) said to my MIL "Why you bringing Grandma to the wedding? She's just going to be a nuisance". OMG this is your mother lady and it's GRANDMA! If grandma wants to come, grandma will come. Ok she has dementia and forgetful and not in the best health but we hired someone to take care of her the day of the wedding so that family wouldn't have to worry about it. Some people I tell ya!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The open bar is the silver lining to every wedding!

I remember at my cousins wedding, they had an open bar...... until 8:00 p.m.. There was almost a riot when they closed it and were charging $5 for a shot or a beer.

Timeline

Open bar + LGG= fiasco like you would NOT believe.

I tend to try every single mixed drink known to mankind. I had a very bad experience with the Peppermint Patty one wedding.

Yeah.

Not good.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.