teejay

please help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am asking this question on behalf of someone. She got married to a US CITIZEN in Dec 09, her I -20 expired may 09. She is to graduate from college in 10. Currently she is out of status.She is planning to fill for F1 will this affect her F1. what can she do now and what forms do she need to fill to change her status to F1

Timeline
I am asking this question on behalf of someone. She got married to a US CITIZEN in Dec 09, her I -20 expired may 09. She is to graduate from college in 10. Currently she is out of status.She is planning to fill for F1 will this affect her F1. what can she do now and what forms do she need to fill to change her status to F1

PLEASE IGONRE THE F1 IT SHOULD BE K1. Thanks for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If she is married she can't apply for a K1. Did she come on a K1 in early 09 and then not marry until the end of the year ? Did she marry the petitioner ? If she married the petitioner she may be able to file a cr1 ( the k1 is dead if she doesn't marry in 90 days )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline
If she is married she can't apply for a K1. Did she come on a K1 in early 09 and then not marry until the end of the year ? Did she marry the petitioner ? If she married the petitioner she may be able to file a cr1 ( the k1 is dead if she doesn't marry in 90 days )

Thanks for your help. She came on a student visa but they have been dating for 4yrs now they just got married in Dec 09. Even if it is cr1 what do they need to do now as per the forms needed . Please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

By out to status I'm assuming that your friend is still in the US. If so, K-1, K-3 and do not apply. The process would be filing and I-130 petition in conjunction with Adjustment of Status (AOS) . Please follow the link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

Cheers!

7/07/09 - Sent I130

7/10/09 - Check cashed

7/15/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

9/04/09 - Received email with approval (NOA2)from CRIS at 11.30pm!-Good start to labor day weekend

9/12/09 - Received hard copy NOA2

9/16/09 - NVC Received Case

9/22/09 - AOS and DS-3032 received by email

9/22/09 - Sent DS-3032 by email

9/23/09 - Sent DS-3032 by mail

9/23/09 - Paid AOS Bill

9/28/09 - AOS shows as paid on NVC (printed cover sheet)

9/30/09 - IV Bill generated

9/30/09 - IV Bill paid

10/1/09 - Returned AOS package to NVC

10/1/09 - IV Bill shows as paid on NVC (printed cover sheet)

10/2/09 - Returned DS-230 package to NVC

10/3/09 - NVC received DS-230 package-Unofficial(express mail delivery)

10/8/09 - NVC recieved DS-230 package - Official (Under Review)

10/14/09 - NVC Login Failed

10/14/09 - Case Complete

10/30/09 - Case left NVC

12/23/09 - Interview Date

12/23/09 - Visa Approved

Timeline
By out to status I'm assuming that your friend is still in the US. If so, K-1, K-3 and do not apply. The process would be filing and I-130 petition in conjunction with Adjustment of Status (AOS) . Please follow the link below:

Yes she is still in the state. Okay I will do that

Timeline

Cheers!

I just read the stuff now. She came as a student with student visa and she will Graduate in may 2010 does this apply to her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.