Scott and Mhay

DS-230 questions

6 posts in this topic

I did do some searching, but I am still a little unclear about some stuff on the DS-230. I know we are a little ways away from this part of the process, but I am getting the paperwork together now...at least filled out.

On the DS-230 block 32...that isnt enough room to put all my wife's employment for the past 10 years. I was reading here before that if it isnt enough room to just attach a sheet on the back with the case # and question number it was relating to. I would assume this is the same type of thing I would do for this? Just format it the same as the block for employment? Also, For the past year and a half, she has had no work....I have been supporting her in the philippines. Do I at least have to list this period of unemployment? Or is all unemployment not needed? My wife has had a few short term jobs since steady work in the philippines is hard to find.

thanks for the help. this forum has been great.....now if only we can get the NOA2 from CSC soon!

Also, what other documents are needed other than the normal to send to the NVC?

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

I did do some searching, but I am still a little unclear about some stuff on the DS-230. I know we are a little ways away from this part of the process, but I am getting the paperwork together now...at least filled out.

On the DS-230 block 32...that isnt enough room to put all my wife's employment for the past 10 years. I was reading here before that if it isnt enough room to just attach a sheet on the back with the case # and question number it was relating to. I would assume this is the same type of thing I would do for this? Just format it the same as the block for employment? Also, For the past year and a half, she has had no work....I have been supporting her in the philippines. Do I at least have to list this period of unemployment? Or is all unemployment not needed? My wife has had a few short term jobs since steady work in the philippines is hard to find.

thanks for the help. this forum has been great.....now if only we can get the NOA2 from CSC soon!

Also, what other documents are needed other than the normal to send to the NVC?

That is what we did for every document that "we could not fit the information"... We had no RFEs. Also, for the unemployed timeframe. That is no problem, same here. It is not a requirement that she work or if you support her. The process is concerned more about the validity of the relationship.

Just answer the questions honestly and all should be fine.

regards,

Ok, I wont worry about putting her unemployment time...even the last timeframe.

Thanks for the reply.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Timeline

Anybody knw do we have to sent our original marriage certificate, birth certificate,police certificate(PCC)along with DS 230 or they need only attested copies(Certified copies)??

If any documents is missing means,they will notifies us by mail or email?

thank you!!

Edited by Pretty2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Anybody knw do we have to sent our original marriage certificate, birth certificate,police certificate(PCC)along with DS 230 or they need only attested copies(Certified copies)??

If any documents is missing means,they will notifies us by mail or email?

thank you!!

Original or certified copies are sent to NVC, not photocopies... Certified copies mean that they are copies issued BY the office (for example, if you go to the local town hall and get a copy of the BirthCertificate directly from them, that is a certified copy... NOT a copy that you have notarized...) So for all practical purposes, it will usually be what we refer to as "original" documents...

Also, if you include a regular photocopy set of ALL documents submitted, you should be able to get these certified/originals back at the interview...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much Christeen,Really appreciate ur help!!!

Is it safe to send the original certificates to NVC??My husband already got all the papers so itz hard to get certified copies now..so i'm planning to send all my original certificate..wht do u think??

Thanks a lot...

Edited by Pretty2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.