niceygirl

Need help on I-864

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi, am new to this board but been reading for awhile now. Recently we received RFE on our AOS. I'm on IR-1 visa. We are using a co-sponsor which is my father-in-law. Husband has no stable job for awhile now but our co-sponsor is doing very good. My husband didn't know he needed to submit also an I-864 so they asked us to submit one on our RFE.

On the RFE they also checked x on these:

1. They are asking for proof of employment like employment letter and w2's from my husband. My husband has no stable job right now. What do we provide on this? although I have those from our joint sponsor.

2. Have not filed income tax for 2008 cos income is not sufficient and they are asking for a letter of explanation. How do we make that letter and how do we state it if income is not qualified for tax?

and do we have to redo everything in the AOS packet? or just send in the page they have asked from the RFE?

Hoping for you help, Thanks!

Happy new year!

hi, am new to this board but been reading for awhile now. Recently we received RFE on our AOS. I'm on IR-1 visa. We are using a co-sponsor which is my father-in-law. Husband has no stable job for awhile now but our co-sponsor is doing very good. My husband didn't know he needed to submit also an I-864 so they asked us to submit one on our RFE.

On the RFE they also checked x on these:

1. They are asking for proof of employment like employment letter and w2's from my husband. My husband has no stable job right now. What do we provide on this? although I have those from our joint sponsor.

2. Have not filed income tax for 2008 cos income is not sufficient and they are asking for a letter of explanation. How do we make that letter and how do we state it if income is not qualified for tax?

and do we have to redo everything in the AOS packet? or just send in the page they have asked from the RFE?

Hoping for you help, Thanks!

Happy new year!

Hello there,

1. Submit a new I-864 form for your husband and submit the latest tax returns and W2 forms (if available); if not, just fill out the form with the most information you can provide and attach a document to the end of the I-864 explaining anything you can not provide and why

2. If no tax income filed for the latest year, just send in a letter to explain the reasons; make sure you send in the RFE cover sheet and just attach the appropriate documents and letters

Yes, you dont need to redo the entire AOS package, but make sure you fill out a new I-864 form and submit all neccessary information requested so that you can eliminate any future RFE's

Hope this helps,

Good Luck!

2009-08-24 : I-130 Sent

2009-09-02 : I-130 NOA1

2009-09-14 : I-130 Approved

2009-09-21 : NVC Received Case

2009-10-02 : Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2009-10-03 : Pay I-864 Bill

2009-10-06 : Receive I-864 Package

2009-10-07 : Return Completed I-864

2009-10-13 : Return Completed DS-3032

2009-10-29 : Receive IV Bill

2009-10-30 : Pay IV Bill

2009-12-22 : Case Completed at NVC

2010-02-10 : Medical Exam

2010-02-21 : Interview

2010-04-05 : Visa in Hand

2010-04-30 : POE

I got RFE for my I 864,Actually i'm not earning enough to support my husband.so my uncle told me to support me..Now my question is that in the form question # 1 where should i mark(In the column of joint sponsor or subsitute sponsor)??From the instruction i understd is joint sponsor is not related to petitioner and substitute means is related to petitioner?

smebody plz help me..

thanks a lot..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I got RFE for my I 864,Actually i'm not earning enough to support my husband.so my uncle told me to support me..Now my question is that in the form question # 1 where should i mark(In the column of joint sponsor or subsitute sponsor)??From the instruction i understd is joint sponsor is not related to petitioner and substitute means is related to petitioner?

smebody plz help me..

thanks a lot..

For his I-864 you would mark D for question 1 - I am the only joint sponsor. If you live in the same household as your uncle he would fill out an I-864A instead of an I-864.

A joint sponsor can be related to the petitioner, but does not have to be.

What Is a Joint Sponsor? (from the I-864 instructions, page 3)

A joint sponsor can be any U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident who is at least 18 years old, domiciled in the United States, or its territories or possessions, and willing to be held jointly liable with the petitioner for the support of the intending immigrant. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant

Edited by trailmix

Thank you so much for the quick reply..was really confused..May God bless u.

i'm doing all my paperz by myself...

I have one more question if the joint sponsor(my uncle) is related to me,so do they ask me to proof for relationship or not??

thanks a lotttt

Thank you for the help tsx2010. God Bless!

your very welcome :)

Good Luck

2009-08-24 : I-130 Sent

2009-09-02 : I-130 NOA1

2009-09-14 : I-130 Approved

2009-09-21 : NVC Received Case

2009-10-02 : Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2009-10-03 : Pay I-864 Bill

2009-10-06 : Receive I-864 Package

2009-10-07 : Return Completed I-864

2009-10-13 : Return Completed DS-3032

2009-10-29 : Receive IV Bill

2009-10-30 : Pay IV Bill

2009-12-22 : Case Completed at NVC

2010-02-10 : Medical Exam

2010-02-21 : Interview

2010-04-05 : Visa in Hand

2010-04-30 : POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.