Bernie C

Pink to White to Blue?????????

14 posts in this topic

I'm very upset so I'll do my best to keep my cool.

On 15 December Doan received Pink Slip, CO said welcome to America. The Pink said to return on the 22 Dec to receive passport and visa.

We were attending a wedding so we came back on the 23rd.

On 23 December when we went to pick up passport and visa and Doan was given a white slip 223g with the instructions to return to have fingerprints taken (which was already done at interview)

On 28 December we return to have fingerprints taken. Doan comes out with a Blue Slip also 223g that says her case requires additional processing. She needs to do nothing and submit nothing. They will contact her.

1st I dont understand how we can get pink and then all this happens. I have been here for three weeks and can probably stay for two more. Any idea what we are looking at. One thing that confuses me more is that they have kept her passport all along. Why wouldnt they give it back if we are going to be delayed long term?

Very confused and upset! We had tickets purchased an ready to go after we received pink. We are in HCM with all our luggage and all Doans personal belongings. I am going to consulate tomorrow but I'm wondering if we shouldnt pack upn and head back to Nha TRang. I dont know what to do.

A very nice and Merry Christmas huh!

Bernie

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Also I just checked our status in the USICS website and it is listed as Post Decision. Am I missing something here? Does that mean we are already approved or denied and this waiting is just HCM games? I'm really sick to my stomach over all this and still am so puzzled. I guess I thought when they told you that you were approved and to come get your visa in a week it was suposed to mean something.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The uscis system Is different. You would need to call dos to get a better status update. Go in tomorrow and ask them what they want and what the issue is. It is rare that this happens but at least it is not denied. There is hope it will still get approved soon. Let them know that you purchased flights based on thier previous approval. I am sorry for what they are putting you guys through.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

The uscis system Is different. You would need to call dos to get a better status update. Go in tomorrow and ask them what they want and what the issue is. It is rare that this happens but at least it is not denied. There is hope it will still get approved soon. Let them know that you purchased flights based on thier previous approval. I am sorry for what they are putting you guys through.

Thanks Scott for your continued support. I will be going in this afternoon to try and do whatever I can and make sure I stress the points that we were approved at the interview, purchased tickets and brought all our belonings to HCM in anticipation of receiving what they said we would receive! I'll post later what kind of response and treatment I get.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Bernie,

This is very strange. You mentioned in your original post, that the pink slip said to return on December 22 to pick up the visa. You also said that you went to pick it up on December 23. Do you think this was the reason this happened? Are you sure the visa didnt give a range of dates for example to pick up the visa from December 22 to December 24 or something like that? Maybe they got angry that you did not show up on the date mentioned on the pink slip, and now they are trying to give you a hard time for it. I dont know. This is weird.

-Travis&Trang

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Bernie,

This is very strange. You mentioned in your original post, that the pink slip said to return on December 22 to pick up the visa. You also said that you went to pick it up on December 23. Do you think this was the reason this happened? Are you sure the visa didnt give a range of dates for example to pick up the visa from December 22 to December 24 or something like that? Maybe they got angry that you did not show up on the date mentioned on the pink slip, and now they are trying to give you a hard time for it. I dont know. This is weird.

-Travis&Trang

No, When I examined the white I noticed that the date on it was 21 December, so the decision was made the day before the visa was to be issued. The real question here is why? We are totally baffled by this. Also, on the 28th when she went to give her fingerprints the CO saw my passport in her hand. He asked her who's it is so she told him, my fiance is here. Then he asked if he could see it so she gave it to him. He looked at it then asked if I am in Vietnam now? Strange, obviously if my passport is here I am here. Then he returned it and printed the blue slip, signed it and gave it to her.

I dont have to high of expectations for my visit to the consulate this afternoon but one can only continue to hope and pray that maybe there was some mistake and can be rectified. Cant help but thinking about the feeling we had when we received the pink and the congratulations on the 15th. What could possibly have happened??????

Dazed and Confused!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

Timeline

Bernie,

I understand. This is completely weird. When you visit the Consulate this afternoon, try to get an explanation from them. Don't be rude, but be persistent. This has got to be some kind of mistake. Just be like "hey you guys gave me a pink FIRST and I demand an explanation". I know this is easy for me to say, but try as best as you can not to jump to conclusions in your mind. Just go and see what the Consulate has to say. Please do let us know the outcome

-Travis&Trang

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Bernie,

I understand. This is completely weird. When you visit the Consulate this afternoon, try to get an explanation from them. Don't be rude, but be persistent. This has got to be some kind of mistake. Just be like "hey you guys gave me a pink FIRST and I demand an explanation". I know this is easy for me to say, but try as best as you can not to jump to conclusions in your mind. Just go and see what the Consulate has to say. Please do let us know the outcome

-Travis&Trang

Sure thing. I agree this seems strange and in all the time I have been a member and read about others cases and learned this is the first time I have come across this particular circumstance, I mean they have asked for nothing except the fingerprints that were already given. I was thinking maybe that was because they had some computer issue or something. And all after getting pink to begin.

I'll let you all know what comes of the visit this afternoon.

Bernie & Doan

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

OK Here is what I found out today at the consulate. #1 is that they have no way of telling you that thay screwed up. They just give you the canned forms and explanations and make you sweat it out and stess and get sick and lose sleep.

I talked to a very nice young caucasion man. He was not a CO but a staff member. I explained our whole story, how we were given pink and congratulations, welcome to America bla bla bla. I told him we bought tickets and brought all our belongings here to HCM only to receive this white for fingerprints and then blue for additional processing.

He said our system shows you are approved. I suspect there was some small problem. Let me go talk to a CO and I will be back shortly. When he returned here was his explanation.

The fingerprints taken at the interview are transmitted electronically to the USA. When received tey are reviewed for quality and readability. The fingerprints they took for Doan we not of sufficient quality. So this is why we got the 1st 221g to come back and submit fingerprints again.

The reason we got blue yesterday was because the fingerprints submitted the 2nd time have not been accepted yet. He said they are in the print que and as soon as they are reviewed and accepted we will be notified. He said please do not worry, you are approved and there is no other problem. Just waiting on ok for the fingerprints.

He could not tell me how long this will take but if I dont believe ot should be too long. After all the fingerprints submitted the first time were rejected with the week so I'm hoping within the next week we will hear form them.

I asked how they would contact us and he said however I would like, so I gave him my email address.

So here we are back in our hotel, happy yet still anxious. Our plan is to sit it out here rather than lugging everything back to Nha Tang and back again.

I'll let you all know when we get it.

Bernie & Doan

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That was my intial feeling, just didnt know that they do the back and forth thing... I understand that they want to be sure they give the docs to the one that interviewed, but c'mon... were you able to keep from gettin screwed on the flights?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Anything on the hands, including sweaty palms, can cause fingerprints to be rejected.

Then what? Who knows, this is fast becoming 1984.

Not sure if you'll have to go through the doctor clearance and police clearance routes.

Timeline

From what I've seen on here and elsewhere this does happen for some folks. Not all of us have well defined fingerprints.

Given that you have more biometrics in your future it's important that they get readable prints. That last thing you want is later on is fingerprints that don't match.

Hope it sorts out quickly and you two are on your way to the US.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

When my fiance went to pick up her visa, a whole group of people who had expected to pick up their visas were given either white and blue sheets instead. They were given the white and blue sheets in a group. Don't know if this type of thing is normal, everyday event.

When my fiance went to pick up her visa, a whole group of people who had expected to pick up their visas were given either white and blue sheets instead. They were given the white and blue sheets in a group. Don't know if this type of thing is normal, everyday event.

Seems to be quite popular latley. Some cases they have requested some additional tidbit of info but issue same day as it is provided. Almost seems like some sort of stall tactic.

We are still waiting for fingerprints to be approved from 2nd submission. Hard to believe that no one knows approximately how long that will take.

One thing to mention about blue and white slips. They are not necessarily any different. Just depends on what is printed in them. We got a white and a blue but they were the same form munber and bot 221g. I think they ran out of blue paper!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.