mamaronga

Prepping for AOS interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Those of you who have already done the AOS interview... can you please help us with a few questions as we prep for our January interview?

1. can i as his spouse be his translator, or must it be a third party?

2. the Interview letter asked for a Medical exam and an Affidavit of support---but we already turned that in with our AOS application, so why would they ask? should we just bring a copy of what we have? (b/c we obviously don't have whatever was in the sealed envelope...)

3. They also ask for originals and copies of "supporting documents"-- don't they have this all from our AOS application? do we have to make a whole other copy of our application again? or what exactly are they referring to? (are they referring to the AOS application or the Interview)

4. What's the "documentation establishing eligibility for permanent residence status" is this all the NOA's that we got from the government throughout the whole process, or what is this?

thank you so very much for your help!

cheers

claire

Dec. 15, 2008- I-129F mailed in

Dec. 18, 2008- Received by VSC

Dec. 18, 2008- NOA1 issued by VSC

Dec. 23, 3008- Touched

Dec. 24, 2008- NOA1 received in mail

Apr. 9, 2009- NOA2 issued by VSC

Jan. 1, 2009- Fiances re-united! :)

.... (need to find data)

Aug. 17, 2009 POE in Miami

Oct. 30, 2009 Submitted AOS

Dec. 18, 2009 Email about approval of Advance Parole and issuance of EAD

Jan. 14, 2010 AOS interview and approval

Jan. 21, 2010 (approximately!) Green Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your question 2 is pertaining to the I-693 forms that need to be brought to the interview.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

1. Not sure.

2. You obviously don't have the medical exam and the original Affidavit. Bring copies of the latter if you have them. Also bring tax returns, a couple recent pay stubs, etc.

3. Bring the originals of everything you sent in the packet, or copies if, by chance, you sent originals. USCIS often loses stuff.

4. That means proof that you two are indeed a legitimate married couple, starting with the marriage certificate, and including bank accounts, credit cards, mortgage, lease, insurance, plane tickets, photos, or whatever else you have.

Good luck!

US Citizen since August 09.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.