flsusi

Interview in Miami

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My interview is scheduled for the 19th of January in Miami (NW7th Ave)

Does anyone know where to find the oath schedule for that location?

I would love to know when I can expect my oath to be...I am SO EXCITED!!!!!

It's doubtful that I would qualify for same day even if they do them, since my interview time is at 1pm - I imagine that wouldn't leave enough time to process the paperwork.

Anywhere I can find a schedule?

Thanks for your help guys, and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

One USCIS, some 80 odd different field offices, each with their own policies on this subject, guess that chain of command is not followed. If you pass your interview, don't be afraid to ask about your oath ceremony and whether they do it the same day or not. Since we were assigned to the St. Paul office, did a net search on that only to find newspaper articles where they were running a year behind with locations all over the state. Was discouraging to say the least.

Wife did get a commitment, called my senator's office, they set up an oath ceremony in three days for us.

Apparently, each field office has blank certificate forms and some ink stamps, my guess is that they have a computer program to print it out as the alignment wasn't what you can call perfect, looks like they tacked my wife's photo to it with a piece of gum, stamped half her photo with a USCIS stamp, the other half was on the form, and stamped in then the current USCIS acting director's signature stamp. They asked to check it for typos, best to do that there and not wait until you come home.

Wondered if this certificate was any good or not, but the DOS and SS bought it,so must be good. Now that green card, that looked very professional, but my wife had to give it back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.