Jen&defs

XMAS IN THE PHILPPINES

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME WITH INFO THE PAST FEW MONTHS BUT NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION. I WILL BE VISITING MY LADY AND FORMALLY GET ENGAGED TO HER ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN THE PHILIPPINES AND PRESENT HER WITH THE RING. SHE IS GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK THAT SHE HAS FOUND ME AND WE WILL BE TOGETHER TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS TOGETHER WITH HER FAMILY......SO I SAY MERRY XMAS TO EVERYONE, ANY MORE ADVICE on what to do and what not to do IN MANILA, DAVAO,QUEZON CITY, MAKATI, OR CEBU. Please let me know. Igo to "Meet the Parents" and believe me dozens of family members her mom and dad had six of them but her family is huge. :dance:

P.S. I will be filling out our documents there with her too(K-1) so I can return to USA and finish my half of the K-1 and file in February in my state after I receive my W-2s and file my 2009 taxes. WISH ME LUCK :thumbs:

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME WITH INFO THE PAST FEW MONTHS BUT NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION. I WILL BE VISITING MY LADY AND FORMALLY GET ENGAGED TO HER ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN THE PHILIPPINES AND PRESENT HER WITH THE RING. SHE IS GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK THAT SHE HAS FOUND ME AND WE WILL BE TOGETHER TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS TOGETHER WITH HER FAMILY......SO I SAY MERRY XMAS TO EVERYONE, ANY MORE ADVICE on what to do and what not to do IN MANILA, DAVAO,QUEZON CITY, MAKATI, OR CEBU. Please let me know. Igo to "Meet the Parents" and believe me dozens of family members her mom and dad had six of them but her family is huge. :dance:

P.S. I will be filling out our documents there with her too(K-1) so I can return to USA and finish my half of the K-1 and file in February in my state after I receive my W-2s and file my 2009 taxes. WISH ME LUCK :thumbs:

piece of advice when u meet her parents, uncle's, aunt's grandma & grandpa do the mano po :)

goodluck ;)

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Christmas day is nice for engagement. :) If your experience is like mine be prepared to meet many cousins, aunts, uncles, relatives etc. and be the focus of attention... hehe.

When I went to my girls place I was surprised at how many people were around. First all the children followed me and all sat around me looking at the guy with the white skin.. hehe :) then over the next few days I met many family members and relatives.

One thing she wanted me to do is ask the parents for her hand. She is 27 years old but she said this is the custom. So we set time and day where we met with the oldest brother and the mother where I asked permission to marry her and explained our future plans. So they just listened, asked a few questions and then they said that is good. At this time we signed letters of "Intent to Marry" within the 90 days of entering the US in front of them. It all went just fine.

This same day we had an engagement celebration dinner where maybe 40 people showed up all relatives and friends.

I'm going back again in a few days for Christmas. Enjoy your trip and your engagement celebration. :dance:

Edited by lbounds

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

I wish i was going to be in the philippines with my wife. I am stuck in Kuwait right now. Congratulations and have a fun and safe trip.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Have a great time, take lots of chocolates for gifts, and enjoy the different culture.

Be ready to hear the words "picture-picture" plenty of times. We took my memory card from my digital cam to the mall and let my wife to be and niece select all the pictures they wanted. The pictures were printed and delivered to the house cheaper than US online prices. This was inexpensive and made some people happy.

Taking family out to eat was also inexpensive and made a good impression. I took her parents out to a fancy resto, Max's lol, and ordered a big meal for around $25. I was surprised to find that feeding 6 to 8 people was under $30 at semi-nice restaurants.

Baywalk is a nice place to visit. You can see the US Embassy from there. Friday and Saturday nights are too busy, but any other night is good.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Have a great time, take lots of chocolates for gifts, and enjoy the different culture.

Be ready to hear the words "picture-picture" plenty of times. We took my memory card from my digital cam to the mall and let my wife to be and niece select all the pictures they wanted. The pictures were printed and delivered to the house cheaper than US online prices. This was inexpensive and made some people happy.

Taking family out to eat was also inexpensive and made a good impression. I took her parents out to a fancy resto, Max's lol, and ordered a big meal for around $25. I was surprised to find that feeding 6 to 8 people was under $30 at semi-nice restaurants.

Baywalk is a nice place to visit. You can see the US Embassy from there. Friday and Saturday nights are too busy, but any other night is good.

too bad Baywalk is closed now u cant see anything in there anymore that Mayor Lim :bonk:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Timeline

hello. the most important thing to remember as soon as you step on philippine soil is be alert of your surroundings (am sure your lady has advised you about "scammers"/snatchers/holdupers). don't talk to strangers or provide info when someone comes up to you who is a stranger. keep your possessions near you and make sure your valuables (passport, wallet, cash)are safe. the airport is a "circus", so don't get overwhelmed with the crowd.

since you're "puti" (white guy), people will always see the dollar sign on you. hahaha! and you will get preferential treatment. they expect a tip of course. don't be self-conscious as you will be stared at and examined.

read up a little about philippine history and culture. people will want to ask you what you know about the country and they are easily impressed if you can talk to them.

learn some tagalog or visayan words (whatever the language your girl speaks) like good morning, thank you, etc.

bring "pasalubong" for everyone (generic like chocolates, key chain, small souvenirs from the US for the other relatives but pick-up nice gifts for your girl's parents and siblings.

take a lot of photos with your girl as these will be for your "evidence of existing relationship".

be prepared to taste every food they offer you.

they will expect you to pay for everything since you are the rich "kano" (when you go dine out or go for an outing. maybe you can discuss this further with your girl, how you can share the expenses. if you will be staying in hotels, it will get pricey. my husband and i came up with a scheme how to split the expenses -- he pays for hotel, i pay for food and transpo. for about 20 days, he spent roughly 2k usd for hotel.)

and above all, have fun.

p.s. my hubby was lucky, i only got 1 bro and my dad in the phils.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...hip.html?cat=49

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...ion.html?cat=47

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7...pg2.html?cat=46 (you might pick-up a little info on decorum)

Be ready to hear the words "picture-picture" plenty of times.

hahaha that one made me laugh...coz my husband is learning that too. Now he's using that language here and his friends thinks its so gay lol yes don't forget to "picture-picture" you will need those snaps for the interview.

You have mentioned you are going to Davao. I am from Davao City....oh God I miss Davao!!! Anyway, when you enter Davao, you cannot leave without tasting the Durian. The fruit that smells like hell but taste like heaven. LOL Don't worry much about the people there, they're nice and it is safe there too. Just don't bring any legal drugs or our mayor will kill ya LOL im jk! Oh yea, one important thing I told my husband before he went there to visit me. If your girl or her family offer you a food that you think looks weird just have a little taste first and then ask what it is. If you don't like it then stop eating...if you like it then go go go! Sometimes when you know whats its made of it makes you scare to try it and you will never know that it really taste good. :)

This is your chance to feel like a celebrity when you get there...so be ready ;) I wish everything goes smooth on your vacation and have a romantic engagement-Christmas with your fiance and her family. :)

ZlYHm6.png

Timeline
piece of advice when u meet her parents, uncle's, aunt's grandma & grandpa do the mano po :)

goodluck ;)

Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't get back soon but it's crazy getting ready here....any way thanks hey whats a mano po. Ha Ha. :lol:

Timeline
Christmas day is nice for engagement. :) If your experience is like mine be prepared to meet many cousins, aunts, uncles, relatives etc. and be the focus of attention... hehe.

When I went to my girls place I was surprised at how many people were around. First all the children followed me and all sat around me looking at the guy with the white skin.. hehe :) then over the next few days I met many family members and relatives.

One thing she wanted me to do is ask the parents for her hand. She is 27 years old but she said this is the custom. So we set time and day where we met with the oldest brother and the mother where I asked permission to marry her and explained our future plans. So they just listened, asked a few questions and then they said that is good. At this time we signed letters of "Intent to Marry" within the 90 days of entering the US in front of them. It all went just fine.

This same day we had an engagement celebration dinner where maybe 40 people showed up all relatives and friends.

I'm going back again in a few days for Christmas. Enjoy your trip and your engagement celebration. :dance:

Thanks so much and god bless you and your loved ones there. My fiancee's family love me and crowd the web cam every time to see me. they call me the "CHOCOLATE MAN" cause I'm Aficanamerican. I take it as a complement cause they love chocolate so much, its all they talk about for me to bring and nothing else. I got scollded for 8 minutes when I asked to bring them presents other than chocolate. I thought I killed someone. They say just for me to come there is all that is nessasary. please tell me how can I get this intent to marry papers, I want to do the same thing you did. I hope you can respond before december 23rd. once again thanks. :blush:

Timeline
I wish i was going to be in the philippines with my wife. I am stuck in Kuwait right now. Congratulations and have a fun and safe trip.

Scott, my heart and prayers are with you and all servicemen there. I was there in 1991 for dessert storm and served 6yrs. in the U.S.M.C. I ruined 3 walkmans and a video camera there. Till this day me and sand don't get along well Ha Ha. Scott keep God as your focus every day please, ask him to protect you at all times and keep your mind on the mission and come back soon. We all miss you guys there and want you home as you know. I will say a special prayer for you and give a big up to the Philippines for you. thanks for your dedication and service, GOD bless. :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I have a big bag of assorted hersheys candy bars for them all. Mr. Good bar,Crispy, Dark Chocolate. I'm afraid when they see it they will tackle me, Ha Ha. But I'm very excited and will share the details of my journey. Thanks everyone.

Timeline
hahaha that one made me laugh...coz my husband is learning that too. Now he's using that language here and his friends thinks its so gay lol yes don't forget to "picture-picture" you will need those snaps for the interview.

You have mentioned you are going to Davao. I am from Davao City....oh God I miss Davao!!! Anyway, when you enter Davao, you cannot leave without tasting the Durian. The fruit that smells like hell but taste like heaven. LOL Don't worry much about the people there, they're nice and it is safe there too. Just don't bring any legal drugs or our mayor will kill ya LOL im jk! Oh yea, one important thing I told my husband before he went there to visit me. If your girl or her family offer you a food that you think looks weird just have a little taste first and then ask what it is. If you don't like it then stop eating...if you like it then go go go! Sometimes when you know whats its made of it makes you scare to try it and you will never know that it really taste good. :)

This is your chance to feel like a celebrity when you get there...so be ready ;) I wish everything goes smooth on your vacation and have a romantic engagement-Christmas with your fiance and her family. :)

Thank you so much. they already rolled out the red carpet. She has a big family and I have talked to like a third of them on the phone over the course of our relationship and they hang on my every word. This made my ego swell, Ha Ha. But I'm still a little nervous. she's in manila now working in Quezon and we will travel to Davao to visit the family, sorry huge family. They keep trying to prepair for me these spicy dishes that they are accustomed to but I say please make it mild, me and spicy don't get along and they don't believe me they think I'm being modest and don't want to be spoiled and pampered but its true. I already feel like a celebrity. I am a black man and everyone there and the filipinos in my city I talk with now say that she and I will have pretty babies and call me a "BOLERO MAN" and LING. She tells me that she wants 12 babies. Yes, 12 and she is serious about this, boy o boy she is a great woman. She calls me her CHOCOLATE MAN, Ha,Ha. okay bye for now Salamat Po!!!

Timeline
hello. the most important thing to remember as soon as you step on philippine soil is be alert of your surroundings (am sure your lady has advised you about "scammers"/snatchers/holdupers). don't talk to strangers or provide info when someone comes up to you who is a stranger. keep your possessions near you and make sure your valuables (passport, wallet, cash)are safe. the airport is a "circus", so don't get overwhelmed with the crowd.

since you're "puti" (white guy), people will always see the dollar sign on you. hahaha! and you will get preferential treatment. they expect a tip of course. don't be self-conscious as you will be stared at and examined.

read up a little about philippine history and culture. people will want to ask you what you know about the country and they are easily impressed if you can talk to them.

learn some tagalog or visayan words (whatever the language your girl speaks) like good morning, thank you, etc.

bring "pasalubong" for everyone (generic like chocolates, key chain, small souvenirs from the US for the other relatives but pick-up nice gifts for your girl's parents and siblings.

take a lot of photos with your girl as these will be for your "evidence of existing relationship".

be prepared to taste every food they offer you.

they will expect you to pay for everything since you are the rich "kano" (when you go dine out or go for an outing. maybe you can discuss this further with your girl, how you can share the expenses. if you will be staying in hotels, it will get pricey. my husband and i came up with a scheme how to split the expenses -- he pays for hotel, i pay for food and transpo. for about 20 days, he spent roughly 2k usd for hotel.)

and above all, have fun.

p.s. my hubby was lucky, i only got 1 bro and my dad in the phils.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...hip.html?cat=49

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...ion.html?cat=47

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7...pg2.html?cat=46 (you might pick-up a little info on decorum)

Thanks I'm on the case. She explained many things to me already but the rest I know I will see. She told me all the covert instructions but didn't explain why and I put 2 and 2 together and know now why she said what she did and now you just confirmed it. She is a little worried I won't want to stay there also sometimes I have to ask her 2 times why this or that before she fully explains, but now she explains right away. Usually she is happy go lucky, shy and calls me by a loving nick name but when she is serious she says me real name and repeats the info over and over and won't let me say a word till she's finished what she has to say and I say okay and promise and repeat after her what she says. I love this woman. I am 6' tall and she is 5' and says she will fight any one for me and will protect me. I believe her. In the net cafe someone did something wrong and she put them in their place. I saw everything on the web cam. I don't know what she said but she put fear in everyone there and even the people who were bystanders apologized and fell over themselves to bring peace. When a lion roars the jungle listens. thanks for your reply and all the help. I hope in the future I can hear from you again. MERRY XMAS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.