evergreen

"The application receipt number must be thirteen characters long"

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Augh! :blink:

I got an NOA1 for my 129F, and I've been trying for a while to check the status online, but when I put the thirteen character number (which starts with MSC) in the space, I get this "The application receipt number must be thirteen characters long." It is 13 characters long, the MSC and then 10 numerical digits. What gives?

Double augh!! :wacko:

When I try to add this case to my portfolio, I get: "Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number."

The NOA1 is from July 14th. Too soon to be in the computer system maybe?

Edited by evergreen

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got an NOA1 for my 129F, and I've been trying for a while to check the status online, but when I put the thirteen character number (which starts with MSC) in the space, I get this "The application receipt number must be thirteen characters long." It is 13 characters long, the MSC and then 10 numerical digits. What gives?

When I try to add this case to my portfolio, I get: "Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number."

Did you remove the dashes?

google.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

According to other posts from knowledgeable individuals, you need to wait a few weeks for your application to get transferred and entered into the system. I along with others are in the same boat as you - unable to add to the online portfolio you have created until it gets entered in.

Someone needs to post this process as a sticky I think...

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

You can visit us at: www.BradAndVicky.com

CR-1 Process (I-130)

06/02/06 - I-130 received @ USCIS Texas Service Center

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Dated 6/22 & check cashed

08/29/06 - Approved by email - 91 DAYS!!!

09/05/06 - NOA2 received by mail

09/20/06 - NVC assigned Case #

10/02/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/04/06 - DS3032 Shortcut Emailed & AOS Fee Bill Shortcut Sent

10/06/06 - Received email acceptance of DS3032

10/18/06 - Received & Returned IV Fee Bill

10/20/06 - I-864 Package Generated, Shorcut Sent

11/01/06 - DS-230 Package Generated, Shortcut Sent

12/01/06 - Case Complete!!!

12/07/06 - Case sent to US Embassy, Bogota

01/15/07 - Received packet from Bogota!

01/30/07 - Bogota Interview - Approved! (visa received same day)

02/08/07 - Welcome to the E.U. mi Amor!

It seems to be that you are using dashes in between letter and numbers. You don't use dashes, just type everything as one word without any dashes/spaces. Example: MSC1133366669

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.