M+S

when to apply???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have been in USA for 3 years and 3 months and I have been married to my husband for 4 years now.. But the first year I was here I was on K3 Visa " and then I applied for GC and I have been LPR for 2 years and 2 months now.... so Am I eligible for apply for citizenship or should I wait till I am 3 years on my GC?! which would be next Oct in 2010?... ALso I didn't leave the country all the time I was here except for 3 months and 2 weeks ???!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you and happy holidays!

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Timeline

I know now when to apply it should be By July/01/ 2010 ... which is 3 months before I have been LPR for 3 years.

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I know now when to apply it should be By July/01/ 2010 ... which is 3 months before I have been LPR for 3 years.

3 months before? all the instructions I have read says you are to apply at or after 3 years and not before.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have been in USA for 3 years and 3 months and I have been married to my husband for 4 years now.. But the first year I was here I was on K3 Visa " and then I applied for GC and I have been LPR for 2 years and 2 months now.... so Am I eligible for apply for citizenship or should I wait till I am 3 years on my GC?! which would be next Oct in 2010?... ALso I didn't leave the country all the time I was here except for 3 months and 2 weeks ???!

Yes, 3 months before your GC anniversary you should start the application process.

JNR

Timeline

Yes I read too that you can apply 90 days before your GC 3rd anniversary.

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi M+S,

According to the USCIS, one has to meet all of the following conditions in order to become a US Citizen (based on marriage):

-Been a permanent resident for 3 years

-Been married to the same USC for 3 years

-Your spouse/you must have been a USC for at least 3 years (which if born in the USA, since their birth)

-Been residing physically in the USA for 3 years

In your case:

The earliest you can file for US Citizenship is 3 years minus 90 days from the "residence since" date on your 2yr/10yr green card of 10/11/07 (as mentioned on your vj timeline that this is the date): Tuesday, July 13, 2010 or anytime after that.....

According to this time/date calculator: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded....p;ad=90&aw=

For example, in my situation:

I have been a permanent resident since November 2006.....

I was married in April 2006...

My spouse/husband has been a USC since birth

I have not had any absenses of residency out of the USA since...so that doesn't matter against me in my case....

Therefore, the earliest I can apply for US Citizenship is August 2009 (though I applied in September 2009, as there was a delay in my son's birth certificate), 90 days before the 3 years after the "residence since" date on my green cards, which is when I meet all of the requirements of citizenship based on marriage.

Hope this helps. Good luck on the rest of your immigration and citizenship journey too.

Ant

P.S. Lol..I couldn't help but notice that your VJ Avatar looks like Kathryn41's VJ Avatar too....Lol...Am I seeing double here? Common Avatar, I suppose?......

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.