sleepless in OR

Expiration of I-134, other docs for recalled cases?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Just curious, sitting here as my NOA2 is about to expire July 31, if there is a length of time for which I-134 affidavits and supporting docs, i.e. letters from bank, employer, etc. are considered valid by a consular officer. I sent the completed I-134 (notarized April 14, 2006) with accompanying letters to my fiance mid-April thinking he would be called for an interview sometime in May. On May 5 my fiance sent back the checklist for pkt 3 saying we had the I-134, along with other required docs, police certificate all ready to go.

Then we fell into the IMBRA black hole of recall.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the time these documents are valid? Do I need to prepare a new I-134 with new letters, etc. after the petition is hopefully reaffirmed,sometime soon with a new NOA2 issued, and then is sent to NVC for a second go round, before going back to the embassy in Paris? I also wonder if a new packet 3 will be sent to my fiance, even though he already filled out the checklist and sent it back to the embassy before the recall????

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just curious, sitting here as my NOA2 is about to expire July 31, if there is a length of time for which I-134 affidavits and supporting docs, i.e. letters from bank, employer, etc. are considered valid by a consular officer. I sent the completed I-134 (notarized April 14, 2006) with accompanying letters to my fiance mid-April thinking he would be called for an interview sometime in May. On May 5 my fiance sent back the checklist for pkt 3 saying we had the I-134, along with other required docs, police certificate all ready to go.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the time these documents are valid? Do I need to prepare a new I-134 with new letters, etc. after the petition is hopefully reaffirmed,sometime soon with a new NOA2 issued, and then is sent to NVC for a second go round, before going back to the embassy in Paris? I also wonder if a new packet 3 will be sent to my fiance, even though he already filled out the checklist and sent it back to the embassy before the recall????

Ask your fiance to check whether there was something about it "expiring" in packet 3. In Brazil, we get a letter saying the I134 can't be older than 6 months.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ask your fiance to check whether there was something about it "expiring" in packet 3. In Brazil, we get a letter saying the I134 can't be older than 6 months.

Thanks, Mew! I sure hope things get rolling here soon and he has the interview before another 2 1/2 months goes by, as the I-134 is already almost 3 1/2 months old. This is assuming Paris has a similar 6 month expiration. What a pain in the patoot! Guess that's what I get for trying to make sure my fiance had everything he needed for the interview well in advance.

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.