JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

WE GOT APPROVED !!!!THANK GOD!My husband got his "letter of approval"in the mail today,saturday from mr Elliot cook.we were approved back in may our case sent to DOS then 2 weeks later sent back to USCIS pending further information from me which i sent on july 2nd ,so it went back to under review on jun12th.Our case has now finally been completed july 14th and APPROVED and sent to DOS for visa issuance.My husband hasnt been contacted by phone on what to do next but we wait till monday.Im sooo happy .YAY!!!! :dance:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am sooooo happy for your news!!! You must be over the top with happiness!!! Please keep in touch with us !!! It is turning out to be a nice summer... I'm going to the UK to visit Andrew in September - it will be the first time I will get to visit him without the unapproved visa looming overhead. We will actually just be able to relax, enjoy each other's company and really talk about our future!!! Many well wishes to you and your family!!! :dancing::dancing:

Traci xx

event.png

Hi All,

My case was the London one that went straight from Pending to Completed!!!

I'm hoping that's a good sign???????

Traci & Andrew - my warmest congratulations to you both, it's so nice to hear a positive outcome in this process.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thank you so much Tex - congratulations on you completion!! I have everything crossed that the news is good!! :thumbs:

Traci

event.png

Congratulaions!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Personally I think you're right to wait for your anniversary - there's a huge difference between choosing to stay in the UK for a little bit longer with a date in mind, and external factors with no end in sight.

I'm so pleased for you two - I bet you've already ordered that new certificate Andrew, and Traci must be overjoyed!!! Fingers crossed the final few steps are trouble-free :yes:

Thank you so very much tree!!! As much as I want Andrew here tomorrow :wub: it does make more sense to wait. Personally I've had my fill of paperwork :lol: Yup... Andrew already has his medical scheduled and he mailed the app for the new certificate this morning - think he's anxious?? :rofl: It looks like USCIS is working to clear out it's case load?? Let's hope this week's news is only the start of good things to come!! :thumbs:

Traci xx

event.png

I laid in bed last night & I prayed so hard for you guys. It must be so nice to have a plan.

Don't you think it's really unfair that you have to pay for all of the PCC & medical again? It isn't your fault that the process took so long. Although, Andrew, I suspect that you'll happily fork over the cash at this point! I know I would, even if it meant selling the furniture! :lol:

Great news. Hearty congrats, my friend. Now go & make that lady happy. :luv:

Thank you so very, very much for your prayers...I do believe they were heard. It's unfortunate that everything is expiring before the process is complete, but at least this time we know that paying again is going to bring us what we have been waiting for. It is going to be nice going forward knowing that when we speak of the future it will be of Andrew and I together. It still hasn't totally sunk in yet.

I am hopeful that you will have the same results with your appeal. You are always in my thoughts...

Traci xx

Edited by Andrew-Traci

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

WE GOT APPROVED !!!!THANK GOD!

Congratulations, JNurse! Are you walking on air???

Best wishes for a bright future together. :thumbs:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

I laid in bed last night & I prayed so hard for you guys. It must be so nice to have a plan.

Don't you think it's really unfair that you have to pay for all of the PCC & medical again? It isn't your fault that the process took so long. Although, Andrew, I suspect that you'll happily fork over the cash at this point! I know I would, even if it meant selling the furniture! :lol:

Great news. Hearty congrats, my friend. Now go & make that lady happy. :luv:

Hi Julie

Thanks for your prayers, they seem to have worked... so say thanks to the big man next time you pray :D

It is a bit unfair to have to pay for the Medical £200 and the Police certificate £40 (£35 + 1 copy @ £5 just in case), but these are required at the Point of Entry, and as my police certificate had run out on the 16th July 2010, this needed replacing, which can take up to 2 weeks.

As for the Medical, this was only needed if I want to delay my entry in to the USA, as it was valid up until Mid August, so if the police certificate and passport were sent in and the visa issued by the 1st week of August, this would have only left me with a window of 1 week to organize a flight and finish up all my stuff in the UK, so it was far better to spend the extra money and have another one done, this allows me to enter the US in November 10th after our anniversary, so we can get an IR-1 visa (Valid 10 years with no restrictions) rather than the CR-1 (Valid 2 years with restrictions).

Many thanks for your support and comments over the period that we have known each other, and we will stay in touch.

Kind Regards

Andrew

event.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations, JNurse! Are you walking on air???

Best wishes for a bright future together. :thumbs:

Thank you JustJ i feel like im walking on air.Im on my way to work and my patients are gonna be wondering why i got such a big smile! :):D

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am sooooo happy for your news!!! You must be over the top with happiness!!! Please keep in touch with us !!! It is turning out to be a nice summer... I'm going to the UK to visit Andrew in September - it will be the first time I will get to visit him without the unapproved visa looming overhead. We will actually just be able to relax, enjoy each other's company and really talk about our future!!! Many well wishes to you and your family!!! :dancing::dancing:

Traci xx

I am so relieved and very happy after 3 years of waiting and then 8 months of absolute total anguish not to mention the the attorney fees $$$$$$ its all been well worth it.I wish you and Andrew the best too and everyone else on visajourney!

WE GOT APPROVED !!!!THANK GOD!My husband got his "letter of approval"in the mail today,saturday from mr Elliot cook.we were approved back in may our case sent to DOS then 2 weeks later sent back to USCIS pending further information from me which i sent on july 2nd ,so it went back to under review on jun12th.Our case has now finally been completed july 14th and APPROVED and sent to DOS for visa issuance.My husband hasnt been contacted by phone on what to do next but we wait till monday.Im sooo happy .YAY!!!! :dance:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

I am so happy for you both.... welcome to the new approval club :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Take care

Andrew

event.png

Timeline

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

I am so happy for you both.... welcome to the new approval club :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Take care

Andrew

Thank you Thank you Thank you!The kids were dancing and screaming OMG what a relief.I am sooooo happy and relieved.I can now enjoy the rest of summer without worrying about USCIS! :dance::dance:

Hi Everyone

For those of you that are lucky enough to get through this I-601 process, then you will receive a letter from the USCIS office telling you your I-601 petition has been approved.

Here is a link to a copy of this letter to show you what it looks like > I-601 Approval Letter

Of course I have had to remove my details and replace them with a famous fictional character.

This is only intended to be informational, as I promised to let you know exactly what happens after the phone call comes... I am very sympathetic to everyone else's case, that has either been denied or is still currently going through this process so please do not see this as bragging or boasting in any way.

Take care and good luck.. :thumbs:

Andrew

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Congrats, J nurse, TexasBantam and Andrew and Traci :dance: I only wish Julie were with us in our approved Gang, I'm sure you're all with me in combining our thoughts and prayers for the best outcome for here and her Irishman.. Now comes the hard part..living with each other, and if you're not married already - going thru with that ! and applying for AOS - which is even more intense than the original petition stuff..wishing you all an easy POE and the best of luck for the future (F)

Congrats, J nurse, TexasBantam and Andrew and Traci :dance: I only wish Julie were with us in our approved Gang, I'm sure you're all with me in combining our thoughts and prayers for the best outcome for here and her Irishman.. Now comes the hard part..living with each other, and if you're not married already - going thru with that ! and applying for AOS - which is even more intense than the original petition stuff..wishing you all an easy POE and the best of luck for the future (F)

Hi C2CG

Thank you so much for the congratulations comment, it has been a long time coming but at least a few of us have now reached the end of the I-601 process.

I guess most of us on here feel very sad for the way Julie was treated with her case, I just hope that now she has continued to persevere and re-submit/appeal the decision and is now using a good lawyer that her outcome will also be positive within a few weeks/months.

We are already married, and had gone for a K3 originally, this ended up turning in to a CR-1 at the Interview when I was denied, the waiver has now overturned these objections and they are now finalizing the process so they can issue the visa, but as we only have 3.5 months left before our second wedding anniversary, we have decided to delay entry in to the US POE until a day or two after our anniversary to avoid having to go through the AOS and having to be under the restrictions of the CR-1.. So hopefully when I do arrive in the USA at my POE which I have decided to be San Francisco I should be issued an IR-1 (10 year green card) and have no more USCIS hassles.

What about you, how is things at your end?

Take care

Andrew (F):thumbs:

event.png

Timeline

Hi C2CG

Thank you so much for the congratulations comment, it has been a long time coming but at least a few of us have now reached the end of the I-601 process.

I guess most of us on here feel very sad for the way Julie was treated with her case, I just hope that now she has continued to persevere and re-submit/appeal the decision and is now using a good lawyer that her outcome will also be positive within a few weeks/months.

We are already married, and had gone for a K3 originally, this ended up turning in to a CR-1 at the Interview when I was denied, the waiver has now overturned these objections and they are now finalizing the process so they can issue the visa, but as we only have 3.5 months left before our second wedding anniversary, we have decided to delay entry in to the US POE until a day or two after our anniversary to avoid having to go through the AOS and having to be under the restrictions of the CR-1.. So hopefully when I do arrive in the USA at my POE which I have decided to be San Francisco I should be issued an IR-1 (10 year green card) and have no more USCIS hassles.

What about you, how is things at your end?Hi Andrew and thanks for asking..Things here in Texas are working themselves out as far as the phycial relationship goes, it takes a little getting used to after being apart for so long (no visits to each other during process - and for 6 months before that too as was erroneously flagged as deported and banned therefore not eligible for B2s or VWPs - unbeknownst to myself)but got married in San Antonio, near the Alamo and preparing mentally to take on the challenge of AOS, I have an SSN and had the last of my shots (should have got them done in London and now have to go to a Civil surgeon to validate another form necessary for the AOS process.) I'm sure once all the paperwork has been filed (with another $930)it will just be a matter of time, I dont foresee any complications there..I continue to watch this site as I dont think I'll ever forget how horrible it was in that 'black hole' so, like you, I hope to help others overcome their misery somewhat if I can. :yes:

Take care

Timeline

Hi C2CG

What about you, how is things at your end?

Take care

Hi Andrew, well that didn't work did it? lets try again: Thank you for asking we're working things out regarding actually living together, after the lengthy process apart. we're mentally gearing up for the AOS process, I got my Tdap and Flu shots yesterday and now have to get a civil surgeon to transcribe my vacs record as part of the AOS package. We got married in San Antonio, near the Alamo - last week and dont envisage any probs adjusting, its just gonna take another $930 and hopefully will only take a few months till I get CPR status..we're hoping we can do it without a Lawyer, I believe most people do it themselves, all it takes is a little application (said the PG tips monkey) BTW I got some english sausages (well Irish actually) and Rashers and colmans mustard and Mr Kipling Bakewells in Fiesta in Katy Texas in case anybody wants to know, yes folks, we dont have to suffer for our loved ones and miss our favourite foods :dance:

Edited by city2countrygirl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.