JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Welcome back Julie (AKA JustJ)

Sorry to hear about your roller coaster ride, lets hope they start to get rid of some more of the Under Review cases and start to approve them.

I think that they will update us next on Wednesday 2nd June or Friday 4th June.. and based on the last time they completed 7 cases they completed 3 the following week, lets hope they follow their own pattern.

Anyway remember that we are on here to support each other, so vent away.

Take care

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I volunteer to sit back and allow them to complete yours first. I have additional evidence to send it and I can't get it until June 9th. So... you first. :lol:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

I volunteer to sit back and allow them to complete yours first. I have additional evidence to send it and I can't get it until June 9th. So... you first. :lol:

Thanks Julie

Lets hope the USCIS read this post and act on it..

Thanks for giving us the opertunity to go ahead of you :P

Kind Regards

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

OH MY GOODNESS, JustJ.

I read that with tears about to form and then that they had never sent it to Dublin and oaipsejfgsklfgnvd. I cannot imagine the emotions you must have been going through if even my heart started pounding and then me breaking into a huge smile at the end.

jnurse, congrats!! so happy for you :dance:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had some news yesterday and didn't want to distract the thread from jnurse's good news.

What a whirlwind. You may recall that a week ago, we were beside ourselves because we were told our case was at the Dublin Visa Unit. Then the list changed and we had no completion on the list, so we were confused. I called DOS & they showed no record of the file being transferred to the visa unit. So my husband worked up the nerve to call Dublin Visa Unit and was told that the file was sent back and that something was missing. He was told that it would be "months" before the matter was fixed. You can imagine how my insides fell onto my shoes.

So my husband asked what was missing, and the lady said she'd have to go through the file, which was on her desk, and call him that day to let him know what we had to provide. She never called. I was so worked up that I had to leave work. I couldn't stop sobbing, and I was really distracting everybody. The last thing I need is to lose my job. So I took a personal day and cried all day & all night.

This morning, since my husband had not heard back, he called again. The woman told him that she had made a mistake. Our file was never sent back from London. She had confused our file with another. Say it with me: "HOLY (insert word of your choice)!" Talk about a roller coaster ride!

My friends and family are furious over the mix-up. I'm not. In fact, I'm just happy to learn that it's still in London. I've never been happier to see our case number on that stupid list. And you will not hear me complain about it again, because I'm just darned glad that we're there and not back in Dublin! :lol:

Jeepers, what an unbelievable emotional ride..... :wow:

OMG JustJ im so sorry they had to put you through all this but at least we know its still under review.Fingers crossed for positive updates next week.God bless.

Timeline

Congratulations jnurse68 - what a relief this must be for you indeed!!! :) Can I ask when you husband received his letter? Trying to get a handle on how this process works. I hope you are able to locate your husband's passport soon (should be at the Embassy) and he is able to get his visa quickly. Please keep in touch with us and let us know when you husband receives his passport with the much sought after visa in it. :thumbs: Thanks so much for your kind words - I can't wait for the day that we too will be able post good news. Please keep us in your prayers and again much congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful life. (L)

Traci

Well Traci,just another update from the visa consular unit,they recieved his approval letter and documents from the USCIS Field office and the gentleman i spoke to this morning said, His case is now under review by the lady who finally gives the Visa apparently she looks through everything to make sure nothing was missed and then, my husband has to go back to scotland yard for a police report because the one he had expired last year in november.After 6 months its no longer valid he also mentioned doing the medical again because he did it last year in december but he says he will check,clarify and then call my husband tomorrow with instructions on exactly what to do next.I hope you and Andrew are doing okay ,hang in there it will be alright in the end.

Well Traci,just another update from the visa consular unit,they recieved his approval letter and documents from the USCIS Field office and the gentleman i spoke to this morning said, His case is now under review by the lady who finally gives the Visa apparently she looks through everything to make sure nothing was missed and then, my husband has to go back to scotland yard for a police report because the one he had expired last year in november.After 6 months its no longer valid he also mentioned doing the medical again because he did it last year in december but he says he will check,clarify and then call my husband tomorrow with instructions on exactly what to do next.I hope you and Andrew are doing okay ,hang in there it will be alright in the end.

Hi jnurse68 - Thank you so much for the update. It looks like there is finally going to be an end insight for you!! :thumbs: Hopefully he shouldn't have to do the medical again - unless things have changed the medicals are good for one year. I sure hope ours completes soon - would hate for my hubby to have to get yet another police certificate and medical. We're hanging in there... not much else we can do... hoping June might be our "lucky" month? Keep us posted - doesn't sound like it will be much longer!!! :dance:

event.png

Timeline

Jnurse, it must feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off of you. Congratulations again.

I asked my husband to get new PCC's. I am certain that ours will be expired by the time our case is decided, and I'd like to avoid more delays. Our medical is good until November. If it goes to October, we will have been married 2 years. Would that mean we can change to the IR-1 instead of the CR-1, ya think?

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Jnurse, it must feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off of you. Congratulations again.

I asked my husband to get new PCC's. I am certain that ours will be expired by the time our case is decided, and I'd like to avoid more delays. Our medical is good until November. If it goes to October, we will have been married 2 years. Would that mean we can change to the IR-1 instead of the CR-1, ya think?

I've been thinking the same way....If our's goes until November than we will be married 2 years also, and yes it will change to an IR-1 - God forbid it goes that long....only plus side is he wouldn't have to adjust his status in 2 years... Well looks like June has started with a bang (my head on the wall) :protest::bonk: not looking good for an update today... maybe next week??? :ranting:

Have a good weekend everyone... :thumbs:

Traci

event.png

You can avoid having to lift conditions simply by juggling his US entry date.

I'm sure you don't want to spend more time apart, but as long as he enters the US after your second anniversay, he will be issued a ten-year greencard rather than a two-year.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Hey JustJ ,today i called up the DOS again because although they had said to call up my husband yesterday they didnt,so i called them up(02078940592)# and spoke to the lady who issues the visa directly and she told me she had his case in front of her but couldnt yet issue his visa because she wanted to clear his Misrep with the USCIS office in Washington saying that they had the final say and NOT Elliot cook!!! you can imagine how terrible i felt all over again :bonk: .She said she wanted everyone to be on the same page.Itold her that the case was approved,completed and closed and a letter confirming that was sent to my husband and our attorneys she insisted that their boss in D.C would have the final say and that it would take weeks for us to hear anything.(Sounds very much like C2C)Anyways i contacted our attorney and congressman coz im so done dealing and talking to the embassy....so we wait again till monday(In the meantime i have to organise my sons 14th birthday for tomorrow).By the way what is the IR-1 now is that another form to fill out?I dont think your case will go all the way till october im sure youll hear something this month,lets all try and stay positive,Take care and have a great weekend.

Timeline

Hi jnurse68 - Thank you so much for the update. It looks like there is finally going to be an end insight for you!! :thumbs: Hopefully he shouldn't have to do the medical again - unless things have changed the medicals are good for one year. I sure hope ours completes soon - would hate for my hubby to have to get yet another police certificate and medical. We're hanging in there... not much else we can do... hoping June might be our "lucky" month? Keep us posted - doesn't sound like it will be much longer!!! :dance:

Hi traci i just gave Justj the 411 of our case(previous post) and it does seem we have to wait quite a bit still,weeks is what the lady told me so if he does get here it will be july or maybe august i dont even know anymore i just have to hang in there and stay hopeful if not for my sake ,for the kids ,you take care now and enjoy the weekend.

Hey JustJ ,today i called up the DOS again because although they had said to call up my husband yesterday they didnt,so i called them up(02078940592)# and spoke to the lady who issues the visa directly and she told me she had his case in front of her but couldnt yet issue his visa because she wanted to clear his Misrep with the USCIS office in Washington saying that they had the final say and NOT Elliot cook!!! you can imagine how terrible i felt all over again :bonk: .She said she wanted everyone to be on the same page.Itold her that the case was approved,completed and closed and a letter confirming that was sent to my husband and our attorneys she insisted that their boss in D.C would have the final say and that it would take weeks for us to hear anything.(Sounds very much like C2C)Anyways i contacted our attorney and congressman coz im so done dealing and talking to the embassy....so we wait again till monday(In the meantime i have to organise my sons 14th birthday for tomorrow).By the way what is the IR-1 now is that another form to fill out?I dont think your case will go all the way till october im sure youll hear something this month,lets all try and stay positive,Take care and have a great weekend.

Oh my gosh jnurse68 does it ever end???? Just when we thought our fate was being decided by Elliot Cook in the London Embassy we now get another monkey wrench thrown in the mix...you gotta wonder if DC has the final say why do our files spends months in London???? Unbelieveable!!!! :bonk: Please keep us informed. Hope your son has a fantastic birthday!! :dancing:

FYI: No an IR-1 isn't another form it's a type of visa you can apply for:

A IR-1 / CR-1 Visa allows a Non-US Citizen (spouse) married to a US Citizen to legally enter the US, immediately becoming a Legal Permanent Resident upon entry. This option may take longer than obtaining a K-3 Visa. If a couple wishes to pursue this visa they must be legally married (or get married before starting the process). The couple may have previously been married either outside or within the US (the location does not matter as long as the marriage was officially recognized in the location in which it occurred).

The visa processing at the US Consulate is similar to other family visas such as the K-1 and K-3 however the IR-1 / CR-1 Visa is an "Immigrant Visa", which means the Non-US Citizen Spouse will upon receiving their visa and entering the US immediately become a Legal Permanent Resident. Their "green card" will be mailed to them shortly after their arrival. As a Legal Permanent Resident they may work and travel to and from the US freely using their "green card" and status as a Legal Permanent Resident.

Simplified,if you've been married over 2 years you will enter on an IR-1 as a permanent resident. Married less than two years you enter on a CR-1 as a conditional permanent resident and must lift (remove) the condition before the 2nd anniversary of your entry date into the states. Makes life easier if you can enter on a IR-1, but I for one hope my hubby is here long before that time :yes:

Take care and thanks for the update!

Traci

event.png

Timeline

couldnt yet issue his visa because she wanted to clear his Misrep with the USCIS office in Washington saying that they had the final say and NOT Elliot cook!!!

No fuh-REAKIN' way! :o You're right - it DOES sound like maybe that's what happened to C2C. Holy smokes, this process is unreal. I do remember reading, though, that a case is reviewed at every step of the way. I cannot imagine how your heart sank after hearing the news that yet another person has to review everything. I suppose they want a series of checks so that one person can't shoulder all the blame if somebody gets through who shouldn't? I can't believe it's going to be weeks....:sad: So even after approval, we can tack on another month for visa issuance?

Looks more and more likely that if we're approved, it's going to be an IR-1 for us. We will have been married 2 years in October.

I did a quick calculation this week. In the past 473 days, I have spent exactly 18 of them with my husband. I am down to 9 days vacation left for the rest of the year, and I just found out that I have torn the cartilage in what WAS my good knee doing things my HUSBAND should have been doing this past year. :angry: 120 lb women should not be shoveling three feet of snow, wheeling 200 pounds of firewood into the house, or lifting 100 pound cubes of peat. :bonk: So now I have to wonder if I'll even get back to Ireland to see my husband for the remainder of the year. I may end up needing those 9 days for surgical recovery, or physical therapy. Plus, my mom has now taken a turn for the worse, and SHE's going to require some care, which means I'll have to use a few of my precious vacation days for that.

I'm gathering up additional evidence to send over to London, so again, I'm pushing Andrew & Traci's file to the foreground with a neon sign that says 'LOOK AT THIS ONE, MINE CAN WAIT A WEEK OR SO' :thumbs:

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline

Oh my gosh jnurse68 does it ever end???? Just when we thought our fate was being decided by Elliot Cook in the London Embassy we now get another monkey wrench thrown in the mix...you gotta wonder if DC has the final say why do our files spends months in London???? Unbelieveable!!!! :bonk: Please keep us informed. Hope your son has a fantastic birthday!! :dancing:

FYI: No an IR-1 isn't another form it's a type of visa you can apply for:

A IR-1 / CR-1 Visa allows a Non-US Citizen (spouse) married to a US Citizen to legally enter the US, immediately becoming a Legal Permanent Resident upon entry. This option may take longer than obtaining a K-3 Visa. If a couple wishes to pursue this visa they must be legally married (or get married before starting the process). The couple may have previously been married either outside or within the US (the location does not matter as long as the marriage was officially recognized in the location in which it occurred).

The visa processing at the US Consulate is similar to other family visas such as the K-1 and K-3 however the IR-1 / CR-1 Visa is an "Immigrant Visa", which means the Non-US Citizen Spouse will upon receiving their visa and entering the US immediately become a Legal Permanent Resident. Their "green card" will be mailed to them shortly after their arrival. As a Legal Permanent Resident they may work and travel to and from the US freely using their "green card" and status as a Legal Permanent Resident.

Simplified,if you've been married over 2 years you will enter on an IR-1 as a permanent resident. Married less than two years you enter on a CR-1 as a conditional permanent resident and must lift (remove) the condition before the 2nd anniversary of your entry date into the states. Makes life easier if you can enter on a IR-1, but I for one hope my hubby is here long before that time :yes:

Take care and thanks for the update!

Traci

Oh Thanks for that info traci,weve been married 15 years.i never applied for my husband until 3 years ago when i became a USC(through work).We thought it would be a walk in the park turns out to be a long horrible dark walk.So that means when my husband gets his visa it will be an IR-1 automatically and will be able to get his green card after he arrives here right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.