LaneAndDaisy

PASSPORT/VISA INSIDE THE SEALED PLASTIC TOGETHER WITH THE YELLOW FOLDER

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone..great news here :dance: ..I finally got my visa today but i am worried coz my passport/visa is inside the sealed plastic together with the yellow folder...Why in the world was it placed inside when its already written there not to be opened :bonk: ...Did the USEM staff forget where it should be placed?? :no: I thought that as soon as I open the Air21 plastic, I can get my passport right away...Since its needed to take that out of the plastic, I carefully opened the plastic seal until I reached the passport inside and took it out and resealed and never opened nor touched the yellow envelop although from what I can see its my Form 156 and other papers...

So guys, do u think I'm ok and the US Immigration Officer wont scold me?? Common sense will tell, how can I make use of the passport for CFo sticker, etc. if its inside the plastic .... :yes:

thanks and pls. let me know if u have same situation here... :unsure:

god bless

daisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi sis congrats that you have your visa on hand already!!!!great news isn't it...however, not sure about you inquiry I am sure everything will be alright...God Bless! :yes:;)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

hi everyone..great news here :dance: ..I finally got my visa today but i am worried coz my passport/visa is inside the sealed plastic together with the yellow folder...Why in the world was it placed inside when its already written there not to be opened :bonk: ...Did the USEM staff forget where it should be placed?? :no: I thought that as soon as I open the Air21 plastic, I can get my passport right away...Since its needed to take that out of the plastic, I carefully opened the plastic seal until I reached the passport inside and took it out and resealed and never opened nor touched the yellow envelop although from what I can see its my Form 156 and other papers...

So guys, do u think I'm ok and the US Immigration Officer wont scold me?? Common sense will tell, how can I make use of the passport for CFo sticker, etc. if its inside the plastic .... :yes:

god bless

daisy

[/quote

am not sure about that,,for me thats alright at least you never open the packet....POE needs only the packet dont worry about that girl.....

Timeline

its ok to open the plastic and get your passport, BUT DONT OPEN THE OTHER ONE!!! ENJOY YOUR TRIP ,

its ok my dear, i also open the plastic to get my passport and have my cfo green sticker. but do not attempt to open the yellow envelope because it contains a documents and it needed to your port of entry to US.

Timeline

hi, dai! congratulations! dont worry about that, you're fine.

when you get settled here, dont forget to call me! enjoy your holiday with lane and your family and have a safe trip.

God bless!

regards,

ate riza

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

At POE, I was asked by the immigration officer to take the yellow envelope out of the plastic envelope or packet. :)

god bless

daisy

:dance: :dance: :dance::thumbs: :thumbs:

congratz ate days!!!!

mhuaaaaa......

gandang gift for x-mas hehehe.... :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED and CONGRATULATED ME..Today the Lord gave me a unique White Christmas gift ever..

About my packet, u wont notice that I partially opened it to get my passport coz I did it carefully. Thanks for all ur info

makes me feel relieved now

@ Ate Rizz--yup,,Ill call u as soon as im there...I saved ur number...Ill be leaving on the 18th..my very first

White Christmas..thanks ate for being there for me

@ Maya----Goodluck on ur interview..Get the pink....

@ Tin ---ull be next in line

@ Jeannette---when are u leaving gurl?

@Pinayto & MissU --Muchas Gracias (Thank You)

daisy and lane

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

Timeline
THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED and CONGRATULATED ME..Today the Lord gave me a unique White Christmas gift ever..

About my packet, u wont notice that I partially opened it to get my passport coz I did it carefully. Thanks for all ur info

makes me feel relieved now

@ Ate Rizz--yup,,Ill call u as soon as im there...I saved ur number...Ill be leaving on the 18th..my very first

White Christmas..thanks ate for being there for me

@ Maya----Goodluck on ur interview..Get the pink....

@ Tin ---ull be next in line

@ Jeannette---when are u leaving gurl?

@Pinayto & MissU --Muchas Gracias (Thank You)

daisy and lane

hello days, ill be leaving january 2nd 2010, me and mefiance will be going to spend christmas and new year here in philippines together with my family.

hi Ate Daisy.

I would like to extend my BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you and to Kuya Lane. Unexpected circumstances which you were experienced through the entire process were just absolutely served as trials. Frustrating trials are just trials that can be turned into a fruitful outcome because I truly believe that you possessed 100% faithfulness and goodness of the heart. As a result, God has led you in a good path until the end of the battle of this journey.

Ate, I am really happy for you. You and Kuya lane will be starting a new life together. I know how happy you are at this very moment. I know Ate, Kuya Lane will be super duper lucky of having you as his pretty and goodhearted wife.

You are one of the best persons here in VJ that's why you really deserve to receive graces and favors from God. Good Luck Ate.

Have a safe trip. Keep in touch Ate. Congratulations!!!

God is good all the time..

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

god bless

daisy

hi daisy!i just read your experience about opening the plastic..

i would like to know if the us immigration officer will not accept if the plastic was open or not anymore included in showing them the brown envelop? i just received my packet but unfortunately i opened the plastic where the brown envelop is in. the only differnce in our case was that my passport was not inside the plastic where the brown envelop is in. but technically i did not open the brown envelop.it just so happened that i opened the plastic where it was located. the plastic i received was the air21 plastic with my passport & the plastic where the brown envelop is in. i opened the plastic because what i read was not to open the brown envelop, so i did not open the envelop.

i was just confused because upon browsing in this forum i read about returning the packet to the embassy for them to reseal it. do i still need to do that eventhough i only open the plastic & not the brown envelop?

hope u can share with me your experience with the us immigration officer while presenting your brown envelop.

thank you in advance, congratulations & GOD bless! :)

mhelldita

hi daisy!i just read your experience about opening the plastic..

i would like to know if the us immigration officer will not accept if the plastic was open or not anymore included in showing them the brown envelop? i just received my packet but unfortunately i opened the plastic where the brown envelop is in. the only differnce in our case was that my passport was not inside the plastic where the brown envelop is in. but technically i did not open the brown envelop.it just so happened that i opened the plastic where it was located. the plastic i received was the air21 plastic with my passport & the plastic where the brown envelop is in. i opened the plastic because what i read was not to open the brown envelop, so i did not open the envelop.

i was just confused because upon browsing in this forum i read about returning the packet to the embassy for them to reseal it. do i still need to do that eventhough i only open the plastic & not the brown envelop?

hope u can share with me your experience with the us immigration officer while presenting your brown envelop.

thank you in advance, congratulations & GOD bless! :)

mhelldita

Hi! I opened the Air21 pouch and then the plastic just to get my passport. After that, I resealed the plastic where the envelope was in and I gave that to the IO at my POE. You DO NOT need to send it back to the embassy to reseal it unless you opened the envelope.

When the IO accepted my packet, he threw away the plastic, opened the envelope, flipped through the documents while asking me questions - I believe he threw away the envelope too and just stacked all of my documents and put it in the corner of his desk after he was done and I was sent on my way to baggage claim! ^_^

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.