cardio

Help about Conditional green card

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Dear god. We have told you about 5 times what you will need to do. You will Adjust Status, and once that is approved he will get his green card.

You say you read the guides, your responses show different. You should do a bit of research yourself instead of expecting people to answer all your questions.

I have read that 5 times ... I asked a question about I864 (NOT TO YOU) . As i was reading the AOS guide i had a question about it.. I don't know what U read.. may be u need to read right.. I asked people who can help me with the doubt, if u can't then u can stay out.. This form is about helping each other.. I am not asking u to mail my documents or download them for me neither i am asking u to give me the list of forms.. i think this a forum for people who either a) want to help others (by virtue of what they know more than others) or B) those who want somebodies help.. If u r in category b, then u r somebody like me and thus have no right to tell others about their duties. If u r in category a , then u r not helping..

Filed: Timeline
Dear god. We have told you about 5 times what you will need to do. You will Adjust Status, and once that is approved he will get his green card.

You say you read the guides, your responses show different. You should do a bit of research yourself instead of expecting people to answer all your questions.

I have read that 5 times ... I asked a question about I864 (NOT TO YOU) . As i was reading the AOS guide i had a question about it.. I don't know what U read.. may be u need to read right.. I asked people who can help me with the doubt, if u can't then u can stay out.. This form is about helping each other.. I am not asking u to mail my documents or download them for me neither i am asking u to give me the list of forms.. i think this a forum for people who either a) want to help others (by virtue of what they know more than others) or B) those who want somebodies help.. If u r in category b, then u r somebody like me and thus have no right to tell others about their duties. If u r in category a , then u r not helping..

:rolleyes:

Go give attitude to someone that gives a #######.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Yes i did read the guide.. Currently my husband and I are not in US.. We are planning to go march next yr.. As soon as we reach there i will apply for AOS for him.. Also can someone pls tell me that when i apply for AOS for him , for the I864 form do i fill it out or the joint sponsor fills it out? Because I don't have any income now , i showed my moms income.. thanks

I understand that you are anxious and nervous as this is a very important process. Asking all your doubts on VJ will give you all the answers but you would not understand anything unless you go through it yourself. Here is what I suggest (just adding on to what others have suggested you)

1. Download and print all the related forms and their instructions (485, 765 etc) [VJ guides can tell you which ones in your case]

2. Read the instructions and fill the forms (this is your first draft), take help from VJ guides.

3. Ask on VJ if you have problems understanding a particular question or instruction and you couldn't understand in your case what is the answer.

In most cases you would get your answer yourself.

rahul

Timeline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturalization N400...

01/16/2015 --- Package Sent

02/18/2015 --- Fingerprints done

=====================================================

Timeline

:rolleyes:

Go give attitude to someone that gives a #######.

U sure do :yes:

Timeline
Yes i did read the guide.. Currently my husband and I are not in US.. We are planning to go march next yr.. As soon as we reach there i will apply for AOS for him.. Also can someone pls tell me that when i apply for AOS for him , for the I864 form do i fill it out or the joint sponsor fills it out? Because I don't have any income now , i showed my moms income.. thanks

I understand that you are anxious and nervous as this is a very important process. Asking all your doubts on VJ will give you all the answers but you would not understand anything unless you go through it yourself. Here is what I suggest (just adding on to what others have suggested you)

1. Download and print all the related forms and their instructions (485, 765 etc) [VJ guides can tell you which ones in your case]

2. Read the instructions and fill the forms (this is your first draft), take help from VJ guides.

3. Ask on VJ if you have problems understanding a particular question or instruction and you couldn't understand in your case what is the answer.

In most cases you would get your answer yourself.

Thank U :-) Will sure do that... And seriously thank u all for having patience and answering..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
4 months or more for AOS. Apply as soon as you can when he enters.

So first he will recieve his conditional green card then i will apply for his 10 yr green card right?

did you even read the guide?

If you been married for two years now then you must apply for AOS then you will recieve the 10 year greencard...

why dont you read the guides nobody wants to help you because you dont want to help yourself...learn how to help yourself...you dont seem like you have a problem with reading english.. you ask questions in english fine....so dont expect any special treatment.

Sophanna Ven

Timeline
4 months or more for AOS. Apply as soon as you can when he enters.

So first he will recieve his conditional green card then i will apply for his 10 yr green card right?

did you even read the guide?

If you been married for two years now then you must apply for AOS then you will recieve the 10 year greencard...

why dont you read the guides nobody wants to help you because you dont want to help yourself...learn how to help yourself...you dont seem like you have a problem with reading english.. you ask questions in english fine....so dont expect any special treatment.

I did read the guides.. And i did get help from people who want to help( Thank u everyone). And i do know how to help myself.. Sorry to be rude but i have been helping myself, u were not there to feed me everytime..

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have you read the Guide lately? I just looked at it and guess what; the question is not answered in the AOS guide. Why are you so frustrated with this poster to reply like this?

Maybe energy would be better spent re-composing the Guides. Want to know something else? Those Guides are older than I am and date back to 1998 or earlier. True story! :D

I know them well enough to know where to look for the info, but they're not really that logical and the answer to her question could easily be missed. Just something to think about before the next rant (general for everyone).

This isn't even responsive to the post immediately above it.

The answer is in a page titled 'Some tips on the affidavit of support'

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide

supporting documentation.

The correct term for the I-864 is "Joint Sponsor". As the petitioning spouse, you must always be the Sponsor. If you don't have sufficient income, you can use a Joint Sponsor. If you live with your mother, you also have the option to use her as a Household Member. The I-864 is fairly complicated, so I suggest you download it, its instructions and all the tips & guides you can find for it and practice completing one.

Then do as rahulv suggests and come back with specific questions that indicate what homework you have already done.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a reminder that if you can not or will not answer the OP's question then please do not post. Sarcastic responses do not help anyone they just get everyone anoyed.

Thank you

Visa Journey Moderation Team.

The US Citizen Spouse is always considered the primary sponsor (regardless of income) so they (you) have to complete an I-864 and supply any necessary supporting evidence/documents (what ever may apply to your situation) and a co sponsor would complete their own I-864 (and of course supply any necessary supporting evidence/document plus the addition of proof of citizenship or permanent resident status). :thumbs:

Timeline

Have you read the Guide lately? I just looked at it and guess what; the question is not answered in the AOS guide. Why are you so frustrated with this poster to reply like this?

Maybe energy would be better spent re-composing the Guides. Want to know something else? Those Guides are older than I am and date back to 1998 or earlier. True story! :D

I know them well enough to know where to look for the info, but they're not really that logical and the answer to her question could easily be missed. Just something to think about before the next rant (general for everyone).

This isn't even responsive to the post immediately above it.

The answer is in a page titled 'Some tips on the affidavit of support'

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide

supporting documentation.

The correct term for the I-864 is "Joint Sponsor". As the petitioning spouse, you must always be the Sponsor. If you don't have sufficient income, you can use a Joint Sponsor. If you live with your mother, you also have the option to use her as a Household Member. The I-864 is fairly complicated, so I suggest you download it, its instructions and all the tips & guides you can find for it and practice completing one.

Then do as rahulv suggests and come back with specific questions that indicate what homework you have already done.

THANK YOU

The US Citizen Spouse is always considered the primary sponsor (regardless of income) so they (you) have to complete an I-864 and supply any necessary supporting evidence/documents (what ever may apply to your situation) and a co sponsor would complete their own I-864 (and of course supply any necessary supporting evidence/document plus the addition of proof of citizenship or permanent resident status). :thumbs:

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP.. REALLY APPRECIATE IT.. THANK YOU ALL WHO HELPED :-)

Just a reminder that if you can not or will not answer the OP's question then please do not post. Sarcastic responses do not help anyone they just get everyone anoyed.

Thank you

Visa Journey Moderation Team.

THANKS A LOT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.