brightskte

Problem! Need help before my fiance explodes!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

He just completed his DS-160, but when he gets to the page that says "Sign and Submit", it wont let him click it! Everything is filled out, we've double checked a lot of times. We've tried in both IE and Firefox. Neither will work for him, nor me.

Anyone run into this problem???

He's NOT a very happy boy right now. :(

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Kayla-Matthew, the DS-160 online application is kind of tricky, I had some problems with it too. It would give me 15 minutes to complete a section and then if I am not done, it would ask me to press okay and all the information would disappear and I would have to start over again.

What I did was, I downloaded the latest Windows IE version 8 (these forms will not work on Firefox), ONLY USE IE/Netscape.

So if I were you, I would download the latest IE and then try it.

I hope this helps !

KnR

Timeline

I went through and refilled everything out in IE just to make sure that we hadn't accidentally filled some of it out in firefox, but it still doesn't work.

He didn't include a photo, but I read on here that some people didn't and it still worked. Maybe that's the problem???

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I went through and refilled everything out in IE just to make sure that we hadn't accidentally filled some of it out in firefox, but it still doesn't work.

He didn't include a photo, but I read on here that some people didn't and it still worked. Maybe that's the problem???

Try with a picture, even if it's just blank white - has he exploded yet?

Timeline

My picture did not meet the specifications as well and so I did not submit it, my application went through and at the end, it asked me to get pictures with me at the time of my interview.

You should probably try after sometime as the site might be down or something. You can save the application on your computer, so you don't have to worry about the stuff you have already filled out.

It is definitely not the photo !

Let me know how it goes !

KnR

Timeline

Just about. He's going to go get his passport picture taken. I've never seen this man get ready so fast. I wouldn't want to be within 10 feet of him today. :blush:

My picture did not meet the specifications as well and so I did not submit it, my application went through and at the end, it asked me to get pictures with me at the time of my interview.

You should probably try after sometime as the site might be down or something. You can save the application on your computer, so you don't have to worry about the stuff you have already filled out.

It is definitely not the photo !

Let me know how it goes !

KnR

Thanks so much for your advice. I'll try it after a little while, when he gets back. If it works I wont tell him it wasn't the photo. I'll let him think he fixed it. ;)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

No problem, Let me know if you have any more questions ! And don't freak out about the picture, it happens ! Just make sure you carry 2 (or more) pictures at the time of the interview (which will hopefully be soon).

KnR

Timeline

I told him to try and get 5 so he would have extras to spare just in case something happened(like a kitty eating it, for example). Hopefully he will.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Kayla-Mathew, your timeline shows you already sent your packet-3 yesterday. I was just wondering how did you submit DS-160 along with the confirmation page if you are filling it right now ?

KnR

No, it was never sent. Mathew was supposed to send it so I updated my timeline, and then I found out last night that he didn't. Changing it now.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Looks like it's working now. It appears to be because we didn't even try to upload a photo. We tried one that he just had taken and it didn't meet specifications, but after that it let us continue.

Thank goodness that's over with.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

I didn't submit a photo with my DS 160, and they only took 2 at the interview.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Hmmm, Isn't that too personal a question? :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.