ocha

Need an address change of non-U.S. fiance?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello.

I'm a Japanese fiancee and just wondering if there are any possibilities the U.S. consulate in Japan might have sent a packet to outside of Japan since I haven't reported my address change after I-129F petition. When my fiance filed the I-129F, I was still in the U.S. as a student, then my U.S. address was written as my address. Of course, I put an address in Japan as "fiancee's address abroad". And now, I'm in the "fiancee's address abroad" in Japan.

In the middle of November, my fiance reviced the NVC notice transferring fiance visa case to consulate, and I'v been waiting for a packet since then. One thing I concern is that the U.S. consulate in Japan sends the packet to the address in the U.S. instead of the address in Japan because our I-129F says the U.S. address as my address? Or shuld I let the U.S. consulate know I have been in Japan?

I'll cantact to the U.S. consulate to make clear this issue as soon as I am told the NVC case number from my fiance. But before that, I would be really happpy if I hear any ideas about this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello.

I'm a Japanese fiancee and just wondering if there are any possibilities the U.S. consulate in Japan might have sent a packet to outside of Japan since I haven't reported my address change after I-129F petition. When my fiance filed the I-129F, I was still in the U.S. as a student, then my U.S. address was written as my address. Of course, I put an address in Japan as "fiancee's address abroad". And now, I'm in the "fiancee's address abroad" in Japan.

In the middle of November, my fiance reviced the NVC notice transferring fiance visa case to consulate, and I'v been waiting for a packet since then. One thing I concern is that the U.S. consulate in Japan sends the packet to the address in the U.S. instead of the address in Japan because our I-129F says the U.S. address as my address? Or shuld I let the U.S. consulate know I have been in Japan?

I'll cantact to the U.S. consulate to make clear this issue as soon as I am told the NVC case number from my fiance. But before that, I would be really happpy if I hear any ideas about this.

I think everything will be sent to your fiancee's address abroad and as long as you put that as Japan you're fine. Where did you list your US address? What form?

I called USCIS asking about the fiancee's address abroad as my fiancee will be attending school in the Bahamas, but the school has a US address in Fort Lauderdale that mail could be sent to. We didn't know what to do because the island doesn't have mail service and everything is done thru a PO Box and we weren't sure if that was ok. We asked if we should use the US Fort Lauderdale address that gets forwarded to the Bahamas or an on-island address and we were told that USCIS will not send any mail to a US address for a foreign fiancee.

1997 -- Met online and kept in touch over the years

10/06/2007 -- FINALLY met in person (he came to see me, first visit was 10 days!)

11/16/2007 -- His 2nd visit (3 days)

12/18/2007 -- His 3rd visit (20 days- he met my family at Christmas and I met his family in Vegas for New Year's Eve)

More visits by him in January, February, March, and April

I visited him the first time in February for Valentine's Day (and another visit by me in March)

04/15/2008 -- Sold my house and moved to Canada with him

05/01/2009 -- Moved to Caribbean together while he attends med school

10/10/2009 -- Engaged!!!

11/28/2009 -- FedEx'd 129F to CSC

11/30/2009 -- FedEx package received by CSC (per tracking)

12/01/2009 -- I-129F NOA1

02/19/2010 -- I-129F NOA2 (took 80 days)

03/15/2010 -- Letter from NVC that they received and approved file. Forwarding it to Nassau embassy.

03/17/2010 -- Phone call from Nassau Embassy. Received file and will be emailing info and forms.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hello.

I think everything will be sent to your fiancee's address abroad and as long as you put that as Japan you're fine. Where did you list your US address? What form?

I called USCIS asking about the fiancee's address abroad as my fiancee will be attending school in the Bahamas, but the school has a US address in Fort Lauderdale that mail could be sent to. We didn't know what to do because the island doesn't have mail service and everything is done thru a PO Box and we weren't sure if that was ok. We asked if we should use the US Fort Lauderdale address that gets forwarded to the Bahamas or an on-island address and we were told that USCIS will not send any mail to a US address for a foreign fiancee.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm glad to hear that a packet would be sent to the address in Japan. I listed my U.S. address on the question #2, the "Part B Infromation about your alien fiancee" of the 1st page of Form I-129F because I was a college student in the U.S. at the time.

Since I thought it won't take much time to be able to get a packet after reveiving a letter from NVC, I am getting really nervous about not having the packet now. But, it seems like I should wait a little more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.