emmieme

Help needed on 1-134 Affidavit questions!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm filling out my affidavit 1-134 for my fiancé's interview in London and I have some questions if you can help?

My sister in Kansas is our co-sponsor because I am unemployed and she has sufficient income. She has written for question 11, "I intend to give financial support for as long as needed."

My fiance and I will be residing in Oregon with my parents, not in Kansas with my sister. So, on question 11 on my affidavit, should I mention that I can provide room and board for my fiance if it is not my house? It is my parents house and they aren't our co-sponsors.

Also, on the question 7, when it asks for (type of business) should I put 'unemployed' or leave it blank?

Any suggestions? Thanks! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi.. my dad is our co-sponsor, and on my form i put "LEANNE AND I WILL BE LIVING TOGETHER AT THE HOME I SHARE WITH MY FATHER IN RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CALIFORNIA, UNTIL WE CAN AFFORD TO MOVE OUT ON OUR OWN. I WILL PROVIDE LEANNE WITH FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER AND ANY MEDICAL NEEDS NECESSARY AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE"

other members have commented that what I said might not have been the best, because it implies that I can't support her on my own.

as for your other question, I would not leave it blank.

........January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged! t4527.gif

........May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

...Februay 04, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

.......April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA :D

........July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

........July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

........July 14, 2010: Check was cashed

........July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

........July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

........July 19, 2010: "Touch"..biometrics appt. letter mailed (I-485 & I-765)

.....August 02, 2010: Biometrics appointment

.....August 03, 2010: "Touch" on I-485 & I-765

.....August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

.....August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

.....August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered (again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail! (both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview...APPROVED!!!

usabig.gifbig_heart_beating.gifukbig.gif

Timeline
My fiance (the primary sponsor) was advised by the lawyer who works for the same company as him to put 'indefinite room and board'. That should cover it nicely.

It is funny how we word things.. seems like we should be saying "DEFINITE room and board" lol

..or maybe "room and board for an indefinite period of time" might be better?

The reason I didn't say that on mine was because I thought they were looking for something definite, and I didn't want that "indefinite" word throwing things off.

I ended up re-printing my affidavit to now state "LEANNE AND I WILL BE LIVING TOGETHER AT THE HOME I SHARE WITH MY FATHER IN RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CALIFORNIA. I WILL PROVIDE LEANNE WITH FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER AND ANY MEDICAL NEEDS NECESSARY AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE"

(I omitted the part about living with my dad until we can afford to move out on our own, taking the advice from other members here. The only reason I had that part in there was to give some sort of a time-frame in my answer.)

Maybe we can get some feedback from other members who have already had their interviews, along with their outcome :)

........January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged! t4527.gif

........May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

...Februay 04, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

.......April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA :D

........July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

........July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

........July 14, 2010: Check was cashed

........July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

........July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

........July 19, 2010: "Touch"..biometrics appt. letter mailed (I-485 & I-765)

.....August 02, 2010: Biometrics appointment

.....August 03, 2010: "Touch" on I-485 & I-765

.....August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

.....August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

.....August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered (again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail! (both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview...APPROVED!!!

usabig.gifbig_heart_beating.gifukbig.gif

honestly there are so many different opinions on this. for question 11 my fiance ticked the box saying "I DO INTEND" but then just put N/A in the explanation area, despite the form saying that if you check the "I INTEND" box then you need to specify how. i was abit worried about it, but nothing was mentioned whether it was right or wrong, and we got our approval with no probs.

ultimately from going through the interview i kinda think the CO's understand the form your filling out and why, and the answer you've given will be fine :-)

Timeline

We just got approved on the 4th. I checked "yes I intend" and I wrote "I intend to provide my fiance/husband with room and board and any financial support he may need, until he secures employment, or for as long as he may need it."

It worked - he'll be here Tuesday.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.