rwenstrom

K-1 Visa Updates

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hey all

First, I sent in my I129 Packet on September & I have received no touches on the case updates online & we haven't received our second notification yet. I sent it to California Service Center & I'm just wondering how everyone else is doing with their second notification?????? (if you went through CSC) Is this just a waiting thing or should I be worried?

Secondly, once we get our second notification, is there any paperwork that we should have ready? Just wondering about the next steps!

Please help us out! Thanks!

Robyn Ashley

May God bless you in all you do today & always!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hey all

First, I sent in my I129 Packet on September & I have received no touches on the case updates online & we haven't received our second notification yet. I sent it to California Service Center & I'm just wondering how everyone else is doing with their second notification?????? (if you went through CSC) Is this just a waiting thing or should I be worried?

Secondly, once we get our second notification, is there any paperwork that we should have ready? Just wondering about the next steps!

Please help us out! Thanks!

You probably won't receive any touches until just before approval or before receiving and RFE. Are you following Igor's List or looking at the timeline portion of VJ? http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

CSC is starting to process September filers now, and since your NOA1 was the 21st, you should see some action in the next couple weeks. Your calculated adjudication is between December 19, 2009 and December 25, 2009. This is an estimate and not a guarantee and is purely based on how everyone else on the site is moving.

Have you looked at your consulates website to see if any of your forms can be downloaded? I would start getting things ready for your Packet 3. You have to wait until the embassy has sent out your Packet 3 forms before you could potentially send in your already completed forms ( I am referring to the foreign fiance(e) ). That should get you started. Good luck....

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys, I hope ya'll are doing okay ! Let me start off by saying the current processing times (according to the VJ guidelines) at CSC is about 88 days for NOA-2 or the second notification. Based on that, you are still under the prescribed time limits and I do see any reason why you should be worried. However, did you receive NOA-1 that is the notice of application -1 ? This confirms that they have received your case and assign you a case #.

You have tons of paperwork to get ready before the interview, but you will not need this until later that is at the consulate/interview stage. Once the consulate receives your approved case from the NVC, they will send out a packet-3 to the beneficiary (I am not sure how it goes for Costa Rica but I think the consulate will send out a packet-3). This packet will have various forms, which need to be filled out and send back to the consulate. Upon receiving these forms, the consulate will assign you an interview date.

Now, this is the time where you need all the paperwork. Police clearance certificates, medical exam results, proof of on going relationship, and the financial affidavit of support (I-134 form) are some of the things you need at the interview stage. However, if I were you, I would wait till I get my NOA-2 as the police clearance and the medical exams are valid for only a year from the date of issue.

I hope this helps !!!

KnR

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

i just called Customer Service for USCIS and they said that they are just starting with paperwork accepted in JUNE! This is ridiculous, because just as one of the ladies above said, looking at the timelines, it is obvious that those for California Service Center, if you turned the first packet in August, you are receiving the second notification. It frustrates & worries me that the USCIS said they are going through JUNE right now! AHHH

but I have received my first notification back on Sept 21st and I'm praying that we'll receive some notice for christmas! but until then...just waiting patiently. Thank you for the information. I will have my fiance call the embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica and ask what or where the paperwork can be found to at least start looking into where and how we can get the paperwork, because I have a feeling it will be pretty chaotic when it finally gets to Costa Rica.

Would I just go onto Costa Rica embassy website or go through USCIS? Any helpful advice?

Robyn Ashley

May God bless you in all you do today & always!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi, Rwenstorm.

I don't think that's right about the CSC just started to process the JUNE applications. Our application was filed on August 5th, 2009 and we got our petition approved in October. Maybe they are just answering you based on the average timeline which is 6months to process?

I guess i'm in the same position like you wanting to do headstart with all the paperwork before NoA2 :)

Not done with the embassy level yet, so I can't give you any advice on this. sorry.

But try to read other people's threads, I found that to be helpful. :)

Good luck to you,

1. '91-'92 => Elementary School (Classmate w/ my fiancee - Fell in love for the first time)
  2. Nov '06 => Found Fiancee through Friendster
  3. Oct '08 => Visited Fiancee and became couple
  4. Feb '09 => 2nd Visit
  5. Jul 4th '09 => 3rd Visit and Proposed
  6. Aug 5th '09 => I-129F Sent Out
  7. Aug 6th '09 => I-129F Received
  8. Aug 10th '09 => I-129F Check has been cashed.
  9. Aug 12th '09 => NOA1 Received
  10. Oct 28th '09 => NOA2 Received Yay!
  11. Nov 2nd '09 => Received Hard NOA2.
  12. Nov 12th '09 => Called NVC , Finally they received and sent the package :D
  13. Nov 17th '09 => Received email from Jakarta Embassy (Package 3)
  14. Dec 11th '09 => Medical Exam
  15. Dec 15th '09 => Sent email to embassy for interview date
  16. Dec 20th '09=> 4th Visit
  17. Jan 14th '10 => Interview Date :)
  18. Jan 26th '10 => Passport & Visa Received :)
  19. Feb 21st '10 => Los Angeles Point of Entry
  20. Mar 20th '10 => Wedding day
    Adjustment of Status
  21. Apr 26th '10=> Sent out the I-485 Package
  22. Apr 30th '10=> Package Received by USCIS
  23. May 8th '10 => NOA Received from USCIS
  24. May 11th '10 => Received Notification for Biometric on 6/04/2010
  25. June 3rd '10 => Case to local USCIS
  26. June 4th '10 => Biometric
  27. July 9th '10 => EAD approved
  28. July 13th '10 => I-485 Approved
  29. July 20th '10 => Greencard received
    Removing Condition
  30. May 12th '12 => Mailed I-751 Package
  31. May 16th '12 => I-751 Received
  32. June 1st '12 => NOA Received
  33. June 26th '12=> Service Request
  34. June 28th '12=> Received Biometric letter
  35. July 16th '12 => Biometric
  36. Dec 8th '12 => GreenCard received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.