aga83

co-sponsor?? joint sponsor??

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

HI ALL,

i was about to send all my documents to USCIS (I-485, I-130, i-765 etc.) but my husband got laid off!!! what now? i'he heard that i need another person who support me- sponsor. i am reading all instuctions adn im confused:

if there is a different between co-sponsor and joint-sponsor???

if my husband and his sister fill out I-864 it will be enough (with all nesecary documents)??

so who is a subject to fill out I-864A form???

please, can somebody explain it to me???

thank You All for help

Aga&Wellford

Husband must fill out a form--employed or not.

Co/Joint sponsor is the same thing.

Sister can be the joint sponsor by filling out a form and proving her income with documentation and showing her legal presence in the US, as a USC or naturalized citizen, or GC holder. Send a photocopy of US birth certificate or passport, or naturalzation papers, or GC.

Does sister live in the same house with your husband? If yes, then he can add her income (as a household member) on his I-864. There is a line for that on his form. Then she fills out an I-864A which basically is saying she gives her permission for him to count her income toward your support and is agreeing to the terms of supporting an alien, etc.

If sister does not live in the same house with your husband, then she is not a household member. She fills in the I-864.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
Husband must fill out a form--employed or not.

Co/Joint sponsor is the same thing.

Sister can be the joint sponsor by filling out a form and proving her income with documentation and showing her legal presence in the US, as a USC or naturalized citizen, or GC holder. Send a photocopy of US birth certificate or passport, or naturalzation papers, or GC.

Does sister live in the same house with your husband? If yes, then he can add her income (as a household member) on his I-864. There is a line for that on his form. Then she fills out an I-864A which basically is saying she gives her permission for him to count her income toward your support and is agreeing to the terms of supporting an alien, etc.

If sister does not live in the same house with your husband, then she is not a household member. She fills in the I-864.

she does not live with us, thanks for help, now everything seems to be much easier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.