brocku00

How is the wait time for Montreal when sending documents

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I will be sending in more proof of domicile probably the first week of January but I was just wondering what the wait time seems like right now. The first time I sent proof back it took about 4 weeks (August/September), the second time I sent in proof (beginning of Sept.) it took 9 weeks. So, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the wait. Is there anyone out there that has sent in proof of domicile or something else and is waiting?? Thanks for your help.

Sent I130 to Chicago - March 1, 2008

NOA 1- April, 2008

Transferred to California - April, 2008

NOA 2 - March 13, 2009 (lost for awhile)

NVC case number given - March 30, 2009

NVC case complete - April 25, 2009

Email for interview - July 3, 2009

Interview - August 12, 2009 DENIED!!

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Package 1: sent August 13, 2009

Package 1: sent back August 23, 2009 -more proof needed

Package 2: sent September 3, 2009

Package 2: sent back Nov. 1, 2009 - more proof needed

Package 3: sent January 14, 2010

Package 3: APPROVED

Received VISA: MARCH 3, 2010!!!!!!

POE: Lewiston Bridge NY, March 4, 2010

SSN: ordered March 4, 2010

SSN: received March 17, 2010

GC Welcome Letter: March 16, 2010

GC Arrived: March 22, 2010

Citizenship Application Start Date: September 2011!!

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I will be sending in more proof of domicile probably the first week of January but I was just wondering what the wait time seems like right now. The first time I sent proof back it took about 4 weeks (August/September), the second time I sent in proof (beginning of Sept.) it took 9 weeks. So, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the wait. Is there anyone out there that has sent in proof of domicile or something else and is waiting?? Thanks for your help.

As you know for me it took 1 month almost to the day for mine to be rejected and sent back.

• 2 months later...
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Hi Brocku00! Did you end up sending in your documents the first week of January? If so, just wondering if you heard anything back yet! My husband sent ours in a couple of days ago....

Timeline
Hi Brocku00! Did you end up sending in your documents the first week of January? If so, just wondering if you heard anything back yet! My husband sent ours in a couple of days ago....

Hi Neela,

Brocku posted that she just sent it about a week ago

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry3653973

Timeline

Hi there,

Yes, I sent mine in but I sent it on January 14 and it was received by Montreal on Tuesday, January 19th at 9:02 a.m. So it has almost been 2 weeks and nothing yet. I'm hoping for 4 weeks....but I'm not holding my breath. I know what a backlog is like and how much pressure they are under, but I'm hoping that they can see my interview was last August and kinda put a little rush on it....but it will come when it comes and I can't do anything to speed it up. Good luck with yours and let me know if you hear anything.

Sent I130 to Chicago - March 1, 2008

NOA 1- April, 2008

Transferred to California - April, 2008

NOA 2 - March 13, 2009 (lost for awhile)

NVC case number given - March 30, 2009

NVC case complete - April 25, 2009

Email for interview - July 3, 2009

Interview - August 12, 2009 DENIED!!

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Package 1: sent August 13, 2009

Package 1: sent back August 23, 2009 -more proof needed

Package 2: sent September 3, 2009

Package 2: sent back Nov. 1, 2009 - more proof needed

Package 3: sent January 14, 2010

Package 3: APPROVED

Received VISA: MARCH 3, 2010!!!!!!

POE: Lewiston Bridge NY, March 4, 2010

SSN: ordered March 4, 2010

SSN: received March 17, 2010

GC Welcome Letter: March 16, 2010

GC Arrived: March 22, 2010

Citizenship Application Start Date: September 2011!!

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Sent ours mid-December and still waiting... It will be seven weeks since they received it tomorrow.

DCF Timeline (approximate):

submitted I-130 May 2009

received approval June 2009

submitted DS-230 and checklist July 2009

interview Nov 4, 2009 (IR-1, 221g refusal, domicile)

submitted additional domicile proof December 15, 2009

Received IR-1 Visa Approval: February 26, 2010

Sidelined: emergency surgery!

Anticipated POE date: May 19, 2010

Timeline

Reading these posts is making me feel mad all over again! :angry: We haven't sent in additional information yet, but it looks as though it will take a while to get a response from Montreal.

It really doesn't make sense that they are so backlogged, and yet they are creating more work for themselves by denying all these cases where the U.S. citizen spouse doesn't live in the U.S. I am SURE they don't believe that none of these people has intent to live in the U.S. I am so disappointed in my own country!

Edited by Lenie7

Timeline
Reading these posts is making me feel mad all over again! :angry: We haven't sent in additional information yet, but it looks as though it will take a while to get a response from Montreal.

It really doesn't make sense that they are so backlogged, and yet they are creating more work for themselves by denying all these cases where the U.S. citizen spouse doesn't live in the U.S. I am SURE they don't believe that none of these people has intent to live in the U.S. I am so disappointed in my own country!

Hey everyone,

We are hoping get a reply back by 4 wks or so but from what I'm reading, I'm doubting that will happen. They are understaffed, refusing people so increasing their workload, and now the Haiti crisis which I'm afraid may add up to more than 6 wks!

MtlMama, have you tried emailing them and asking what is going on with your case after sending in your documents? Also, do you remember the name of the CO who you had? Thanks a bunch!

Timeline

Yes, indeed, I am back in the U.S. :D I am currently taking classes that will last until May. We haven't sent in our info yet because my husband has to travel internationally until the end of Feb. and can't go without his passport. Plus, we figure it will look better if I can show that I am still taking classes after two months, rather than right after I registered. Anyway, the tough part now is trying to anticipate how long it will take them to look at the stuff. I think we are going to shoot for an IR-1 since our anniversary is in April. While it is a bummer to be apart, I am grateful that my situation is good overall.

Are you back living in the U.S. now Lenie?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.