Trish30

Still waiting for my Visa

48 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

So sorry to hear how long it's taking, but I'm sure everything is okay and it's just a delay on Montreal's end! I have a feeling you will get your Visa today or tomorrow. I know how it feels to worry about it and have problems sleeping and eating, I wish the Consulate and it's employees knew what a toll it takes on us! So, I hope to read your post today or tomorrow with the good news and then you can have a few drinks to celebrate and relax!

Sent I130 to Chicago - March 1, 2008

NOA 1- April, 2008

Transferred to California - April, 2008

NOA 2 - March 13, 2009 (lost for awhile)

NVC case number given - March 30, 2009

NVC case complete - April 25, 2009

Email for interview - July 3, 2009

Interview - August 12, 2009 DENIED!!

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Package 1: sent August 13, 2009

Package 1: sent back August 23, 2009 -more proof needed

Package 2: sent September 3, 2009

Package 2: sent back Nov. 1, 2009 - more proof needed

Package 3: sent January 14, 2010

Package 3: APPROVED

Received VISA: MARCH 3, 2010!!!!!!

POE: Lewiston Bridge NY, March 4, 2010

SSN: ordered March 4, 2010

SSN: received March 17, 2010

GC Welcome Letter: March 16, 2010

GC Arrived: March 22, 2010

Citizenship Application Start Date: September 2011!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I can't offer too much, but I wanted to say that Atlanta is waiting for you! It's a good place to live - we like it at least!

Thanks :) we so wanted to celebrate christmas in Atlanta and still hoping, rest is up to God.

Timeline
Hi there,

So sorry to hear how long it's taking, but I'm sure everything is okay and it's just a delay on Montreal's end! I have a feeling you will get your Visa today or tomorrow. I know how it feels to worry about it and have problems sleeping and eating, I wish the Consulate and it's employees knew what a toll it takes on us! So, I hope to read your post today or tomorrow with the good news and then you can have a few drinks to celebrate and relax!

Thanks for your message dear, I did track my xpress post but still not posted :( so no chance of me getting it today.

Still praying for some good news.

Thanks again

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi there,

Thanks for your message dear, I did track my xpress post but still not posted :( so no chance of me getting it today.

Thanks again

I sent my passport back to the Consulate on Dec 1... now the waiting game begins. I wrote them a note when I sent it back and have sent a few emails saying that I have plans to move Dec 27th. I hope it comes soon, I to keep checking Canada Post to see if it has been sent but nothing :( I know you have been waiting a lot longer but this is torture....

AOS/EAD/I-131:

NOA'S Received: March 19, 2010

RFE: March 25, 2010

Case transferred to CSC: April 19, 2010

Timeline
Hi there,

Thanks again

I sent my passport back to the Consulate on Dec 1... now the waiting game begins. I wrote them a note when I sent it back and have sent a few emails saying that I have plans to move Dec 27th. I hope it comes soon, I to keep checking Canada Post to see if it has been sent but nothing :( I know you have been waiting a lot longer but this is torture....

I am so fedup of this waiting game, well as per them i was to receive my visa by nov 20th and accordingly we gave letter to our apt officials

that we will be vacating the apartment by Nov 30th, but lucky for us we were allowed to extend for more 15 days (till dec15th) as someone

already signed up the apartment for renting from 16th dec... I am trying to find a place to move but cant sign a contract as am so unsure

about my situation, so I am planning to rent some furnished place where I can pay weekly or monthly no contracts etc..

Any idea whats the max period they can hold the passport for visa purpose ?

Hope you get yr PP soon so do I.

Timeline
Hi there,

Thanks again

I am so fedup of this waiting game, well as per them i was to receive my visa by nov 20th and accordingly we gave letter to our apt officials

that we will be vacating the apartment by Nov 30th, but lucky for us we were allowed to extend for more 15 days (till dec15th) as someone

already signed up the apartment for renting from 16th dec... I am trying to find a place to move but cant sign a contract as am so unsure

about my situation, so I am planning to rent some furnished place where I can pay weekly or monthly no contracts etc..

hopefully they send out both our passports with the this weeks k-1/cr-1 approvals... so we get them next week sometime... im keeping my fingers crossed for both of us :)

AOS/EAD/I-131:

Timeline
Hi there,

Thanks again

I don't think there is a max, per se, but we were told that it would take 4-6 weeks for them to process once received. We haven't sent in our additional proof of domicile yet, but we are planning to do it when there is a six week window when we don't need my husband's passport. It is very inconvenient not to have your passport for six weeks, though!

Timeline
Hi there,

Thanks again

I don't think there is a max, per se, but we were told that it would take 4-6 weeks for them to process once received. We haven't sent in our additional proof of domicile yet, but we are planning to do it when there is a six week window when we don't need my husband's passport. It is very inconvenient not to have your passport for six weeks, though!

its been more than a month now & still no sign of my visa....so frustrated

Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Hope you receive it very soon!

Thanks, I hope so too, my hubby got in touch with the congressperson but no updates yet.

Timeline

oh let me know how it goes... have you contacted DOS or called the Consulate?

Thanks, I hope so too, my hubby got in touch with the congressperson but no updates yet.

AOS/EAD/I-131:

Timeline

Yes my hubby called DOS and they were not helpful all they said was they didnt receive any update so far from the consulate, and there is no operator

service when you call the consulate only recorded. Going crazy dunno what to do.

Timeline

Yes my hubby called DOS and they were not helpful all they said was they didnt receive any update so far from the consulate, and there is no operator

service when you call the consulate only recorded. Going crazy dunno what to do.

I got my passport today in the mail... two days after they finally responded to my email. I wrote in the heading... urgent ugent case number urgent... and the responded to me a few hours later. So try and put urgent like 5 times in your email and maybe they will get the point. I am so relieved :)

AOS/EAD/I-131:

Timeline

I got my passport today in the mail... two days after they finally responded to my email. I wrote in the heading... urgent ugent case number urgent... and the responded to me a few hours later. So try and put urgent like 5 times in your email and maybe they will get the point. I am so relieved :)

Congrats :) and thanks ... I will do that right now and will update you if i get any feedback from them. thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Received my Visa today Thank God!!!!! sooooooooooooooooo happpyyyyyy at last can have a normal life :)

Thanks everyone for your support

Congrats :) and thanks ... I will do that right now and will update you if i get any feedback from them. thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.