kasp

Will it cause me delay when i go back home for a visit??

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was approved of my Permanent Resident Status and we are planning to visit Philippines for a holiday vacation with my husband's entire family... I would like to know if it will cause me delay on acquiring US Citizenship if i go out of the United States???

Any help will be appreciated

Thank U

12-31-08.....Sent K-1 Fiancée Visa Application to California Service Center (CSC)

01-02-09.....NOA1 hardcopy date

01-07-09.....Received NOA1 hardcopy from CSC

01-07-09.....Received NOA1 confirmation on website.

03-09-09.....NOA2 hardcopy date

03-12-09.....Received NOA2 hardcopy from CSC

03-18-09.....Finished NVC and mailed to US Embassy in Manila... (got MNL case number)

03-28-09.....Medical - St. Lukes

06-01-09.....Immunization and completion of Medical At St. Lukes

06-10-09.....Consular Interview- Manila US Embassy ... VISA Approved

06-18-09.....VISA delivered

06-25-09.....Arrived in US POE-LAX

07-03-09.....Wedding Day in Boise, Idaho :)

AOS

8-28-2009- Mailed AOS Packet

9-01-09 - NOA 1

9-02-09- Biometrics Appointment Letter

9-19-09- Biometrics at USCIS

10-01-09 Letter of Appointment for AOS arrived in mail

10-02-09- Card ordered EAD

10-06-09 Another Card Ordered Notice

10-08-09 EAD Approved ( card ordered came first before approval ???? Strange)

10-13-09 EAD CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

11-16-09 Interview for GREEN CARD in USCIS

11-16-09 Permanent Resident Status Approved!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was approved of my Permanent Resident Status and we are planning to visit Philippines for a holiday vacation with my husband's entire family... I would like to know if it will cause me delay on acquiring US Citizenship if i go out of the United States???

Any help will be appreciated

Thank U

not if the total time period spent outside the USA on this trip is for less than 6 mos....

this is predominantly a citizenship question, moving to citizenship forum

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.