andrea**

Interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is it okay for my husband and baby to attend the interview with me? I thought it might be helpful as my citizenship application is based on my marriage but I am not sure if they would even be allowed in. It would be great to hear if anyone has experience with this. Thanks,

Andrea

Is it okay for my husband and baby to attend the interview with me? I thought it might be helpful as my citizenship application is based on my marriage but I am not sure if they would even be allowed in. It would be great to hear if anyone has experience with this. Thanks,

Andrea

My hubby came with me to the interview, but I asked him to stay outside. I'm pregnant and in a stage where the hormones go crazy and I can giggle for no reason.... I didn't want to start laughing like crazy in front of the IO :whistle: You can take them along, but it's not really necessary. Good luck and have fun at the interview - it's really relaxed last step of the process. :thumbs:

1285270uwjm9gdss7.gif 1258764lk0t479j1w.jpg dev131bfs__.png

Boy I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

Congrats for getting this far! They would only let the intervievee in the room. You might have to wait in the wait area. Sometimes they do ask for spouse, so good to be there, just in case

All the best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We may think that the USC based on marriage would be a family affair, the sponsoring USC spouse is just as liable to the USCIS as the non-USC immigrant spouse, has the obligation of that I-864 with the further obligation of paying the fees and keeping the USCIS informed of his/her whereabouts. Plus the insecurity of what may happen to the immigrant spouse in the event the green card is lost or stolen, plus also waiting at the airport while his/her spouse is questioned when coming back with a green card. They are far more critical when the spouse has a green card. Experience is the reason for this statement.

But very little or no interest in that sponsoring spouse at the USC interview, but make sure you have plenty of paperwork type evidence that you are living with that spouse and sharing all financial responsibilities, even though as a married couple, by law, you share those responsbilities, that is all they are interested in. Again a statement based on experience. Far more interested in seeing my documentation, that my name was on our joint income taxes, maybe they also wanted to see how much I was earning as wanted to see the entire tax forms for three years, my name on all of our joint bank and utility bill accounts, joint ownership, joint insurance, my proof of USC, in other words, my papers, reminded me of Nazi Germany. But sure weren't interested in seeing or even meeting me, alive and in person.

Make sure you bring along your child's birth certificate, not that you have a baby together, but the fact that your husbands name is listed as the father.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Andrea,

Congrats on the baby! If you don't mind me asking, how old is your baby? When is your interview for citizenship?

In answer to your question: Yes, you can bring your baby and your husband, as it does not say you can't do such. In fact, I have my interview this week (in three days..on Wednesday Nov 18...yikes!), and I'm definitely bringing my husband and 3 month old baby along! Lol..It's also due to the fact that I need my husband to drive me there (it's a long distance drive, and I don't drive in the city) and there is nobody else to look after the baby, so have to bring them both for practicality reasons too...lol...(USCIS doesn't offer babysitting...so my husband has to babysit....lol......)

However, from what I've read from other vjers, only the person applying for citizenship is allowed in the interview room, and all others have to wait in the waiting room/area. So the husband and the baby will just have to wait in the waiting room instead (and I have to hope that the baby doesn't make too much of a fuss there). In some cases, the interviewer might want to see the husband and the baby, so if they want to, they can see them there too...And yes, I believe that brining family helps, as that is more of a reason so show a "genuine relationship"...After all, what better than "human evidence" than some lame old piece of paper (it sure beats the heck out of tax returns.....lol.....).

Either way, bringing your husaband and baby is good, for moral support reasons too. I would certainly feel better if they were there with me....:)

As well, bring your marriage certificate and birth certificate of your child/children too, as they ask for such during the citizenship application, and will ask for that during the interview (at least from what I heard...).

Lol..now if only I can figure out how to bring the car seat and diaper bag through the metal detectors and get through security with no problems...lol....

I will let you and eveyrone else on vj know about my interview experience sometime this week, baby and husband and all! Stay tunned for more updates....

From one mother to another mother, hope this helps too. Good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant (bringing baby and husband to interview...)

Andrea

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Big al,

Congrats on your pregnancy too! Good luck with your new baby next year (when are you due, by the way)! Oh yeah, I totally understand how the pregnancy hormones can get to a person! Lol...laughing is not that bad...Just say that it is the baby laughing...;) Lol..wait to you get to the baby kicking at you and going into labour....at that time you'll be needing a lot of laughter to get through the pain....(but that's another story...)...Good to hear too, that your husband came along (and the baby inside of you came along too), as that certainly helps too.

Good luck with the rest of your journey too, and good luck with the baby.

Ant

My hubby came with me to the interview, but I asked him to stay outside. I'm pregnant and in a stage where the hormones go crazy and I can giggle for no reason.... I didn't want to start laughing like crazy in front of the IO :whistle: You can take them along, but it's not really necessary. Good luck and have fun at the interview - it's really relaxed last step of the process. :thumbs:

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for all the replies and the helpful information.

Ant, my baby is 16 months! I should call her a toddler now but she is still my baby : ) I will definitely bring them both along. I am sure neither will be happy as my interview is at 7:45 am next Friday. But I would like them there for support even if they have to sit in the waiting room. Good luck with your interview!

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Congrats on the baby! If you don't mind me asking, how old is your baby? When is your interview for citizenship?

In answer to your question: Yes, you can bring your baby and your husband, as it does not say you can't do such. In fact, I have my interview this week (in three days..on Wednesday Nov 18...yikes!), and I'm definitely bringing my husband and 3 month old baby along! Lol..It's also due to the fact that I need my husband to drive me there (it's a long distance drive, and I don't drive in the city) and there is nobody else to look after the baby, so have to bring them both for practicality reasons too...lol...(USCIS doesn't offer babysitting...so my husband has to babysit....lol......)

However, from what I've read from other vjers, only the person applying for citizenship is allowed in the interview room, and all others have to wait in the waiting room/area. So the husband and the baby will just have to wait in the waiting room instead (and I have to hope that the baby doesn't make too much of a fuss there). In some cases, the interviewer might want to see the husband and the baby, so if they want to, they can see them there too...And yes, I believe that brining family helps, as that is more of a reason so show a "genuine relationship"...After all, what better than "human evidence" than some lame old piece of paper (it sure beats the heck out of tax returns.....lol.....).

Either way, bringing your husaband and baby is good, for moral support reasons too. I would certainly feel better if they were there with me....:)

As well, bring your marriage certificate and birth certificate of your child/children too, as they ask for such during the citizenship application, and will ask for that during the interview (at least from what I heard...).

Lol..now if only I can figure out how to bring the car seat and diaper bag through the metal detectors and get through security with no problems...lol....

I will let you and eveyrone else on vj know about my interview experience sometime this week, baby and husband and all! Stay tunned for more updates....

From one mother to another mother, hope this helps too. Good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant (bringing baby and husband to interview...)

Andrea

Hi Big al,

Congrats on your pregnancy too! Good luck with your new baby next year (when are you due, by the way)! Oh yeah, I totally understand how the pregnancy hormones can get to a person! Lol...laughing is not that bad...Just say that it is the baby laughing...;) Lol..wait to you get to the baby kicking at you and going into labour....at that time you'll be needing a lot of laughter to get through the pain....(but that's another story...)...Good to hear too, that your husband came along (and the baby inside of you came along too), as that certainly helps too.

Good luck with the rest of your journey too, and good luck with the baby.

Ant

Thank you for the wishes (F) I'm due the first week of May. If you think I wasn't laughing at the interview - wrong. I was giggly the whole time and it was so hard to stop it :yes: But at least I'm sure that the IO had fun with me, so everything went just fine. My journey is on Wednesday Nov 18th almost over (the day of your interview) - this is when I have the oath. I'm looking forward to be done with it, so I can be more free to travel and everything else. GOOD LOOK ON YOUR INTERVIEW TOO!!!! Waiting to read about it later on! ;)

1285270uwjm9gdss7.gif 1258764lk0t479j1w.jpg dev131bfs__.png

Boy I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Because of the the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, your babies already beat you to the punch of becoming a USC. A successful interview and the oath ceremony gives you the opportunity to get caught up to your baby. Then your baby can say to you, welcome to the USA and you are a citizen just like me, except, I didn't have to go through all that paperwork stuff.

Just a different way of looking at it, good luck to all of you, and good luck is no traffic jams and getting a decent IO.

Andrea-Awww..They will always be your baby, regardless of how old they are...:) But yes, they do grow up quickly, indeed...from baby to toddler to whatever else next. It's great that your husband and baby are going with you for the interview (and also for the oath?), as that is a great source of support there too.

Good luck with your interview next friday in the morning, and yes, do post about that here on vj.

By the way, if you are a September 2009 N-400 applicant, feel free to add your timeline and other information to this list too:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=400

Ant

P.S. Thanks for the good luck for my interview on Wednesday...Lol..I need all the luck I can get here on vj...And yes, I'll post about that experience too (lol..especially with about brining the baby along..should be interesting there...lol...)

Thanks for all the replies and the helpful information.

Ant, my baby is 16 months! I should call her a toddler now but she is still my baby : ) I will definitely bring them both along. I am sure neither will be happy as my interview is at 7:45 am next Friday. But I would like them there for support even if they have to sit in the waiting room. Good luck with your interview!

Andrea

Edited by Ant+D+A

Big al- Again, congrats on your pregnancy and good luck for that new bundle of joy in the spring. Lol...That's ok to be giggly in the waiting room and int the interview, and glad that your IO had a good time with that too. "It's the baby laughing!", and it sure must have been fun for the baby too! By the way, have you felt your baby move yet? Hmm...maybe that's what the laughter was all about! Lol..on another good note, at least you wern't feeling sick during the interview..that wouldn't have been good at all. I guess in overall pregnancy symptoms...laughter is certainly the best of them!

Good luck with your oath ceremony on Wednesday too! Wow, what a co-incidence that we will be heading to the immigration offices on the same day! Lol..It looks like the USCIS is going to be swamped with moms-to-be, moms, and babies on the 18th...it should be fun there! You are on the final step of the immigration game with your oath this week! And yes, after all this is done, just focus on the rest of your pregnancy, relax, and do some travelling (lol..before you are unable to travel later on on in the pregnancy). And yes, do post about your oath ceremony experience here on vj too!

Ant

P.S. Thanks for the good luck for my interview on Wednesday...Lol..I need all the luck I can get here on vj...And yes, I'll post about that experience too (lol..especially with about brining the baby along..should be interesting there...lol...)

Thank you for the wishes (F) I'm due the first week of May. If you think I wasn't laughing at the interview - wrong. I was giggly the whole time and it was so hard to stop it :yes: But at least I'm sure that the IO had fun with me, so everything went just fine. My journey is on Wednesday Nov 18th almost over (the day of your interview) - this is when I have the oath. I'm looking forward to be done with it, so I can be more free to travel and everything else. GOOD LOOK ON YOUR INTERVIEW TOO!!!! Waiting to read about it later on! ;)
Edited by Ant+D+A

NickD-Oh yeah, I totally understand it when you say "your baby already beat you to the punch of becoming a USC"!

And to add insult to injury...

Chapter 4: "Removed"/I-751 10yr Green Card

10 Months Waiting (Aug 2008 - June 2009)

Chapter 5: "Expected" Baby

9 Months Waiting (November 2008 - July 2009)

Chapter 6: "Moved" New Built House

4 Months Waiting (April 2009 - August 2009)

In other words....The baby and the new-construction house was faster than the USCIS!

Ant's T-Shirt says: "I wasted $545 and waited 10 months with the USCIS, and all I got was a useless green card only..."

Baby Aaron's T-Shirt/Onesie says: "I stayed inside of my mommy for 9 months, and all I got was US Citizenship..."

D's T-Shirt says: "I bought some land, waited for 4 months, and all I got was a new house...."

Humour me... :lol:

Oh well, I'll catch up to my baby and my husband very soon! (and yeah, I'm jealous that they are ahead of me too..lol..)

"Welcome to the USA as a US Citizen, just like us!", my baby and husband say to me, as they wave the flags...Gee, I feel so 'foreign' now...

Lol..Funny, it costs $30 and a 2 week wait for a USC birth certificate...and $675 and a 4-5 months wait for a naturalization certificate.... :whistle:

Good way of looking at things though...Certainly a lot less paperwork, cost, and trouble, being born in the USA, instead of gaining citizenship through naturalization....hmm......:whistle:

Ant

P.S. Thanks for the good luck for my interview on Wednesday...Lol..I need all the luck I can get here on vj...And yes, I'll post about that experience too (lol..especially with about brining the baby along..should be interesting there...lol...). And yeah, I hope there are no traffic jams (don't think there will be any in the afternoon though, but will leave extra early just in case, as it is a long-distance drive for us to get there), and will hope to get a decent IO too (though overall IOs at my local office are nice..though just a bit clueless at times..and I have all my evidence too just in case...lol...)

Because of the the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, your babies already beat you to the punch of becoming a USC. A successful interview and the oath ceremony gives you the opportunity to get caught up to your baby. Then your baby can say to you, welcome to the USA and you are a citizen just like me, except, I didn't have to go through all that paperwork stuff.

Just a different way of looking at it, good luck to all of you, and good luck is no traffic jams and getting a decent IO.

Edited by Ant+D+A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.