rustevelee

To have Russian citizenship for US born children with Russian mother or not?

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Wow, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of 8th grade girls argue over who's a bigger #######. Will you girls please knock it off? Or, if you still want to cry over who said what, at least do it with smaller quotes. I hate scrolling through a whole thread of quotes of quotes of quotes just to see a two paragraph rebuttal, "Unh uh. You're a bigger ####### because you said that I said that she was....' STFU!!!!!

Thank you.

Seems like their is a lot of hokey baloney flying around and scarey stories that no one knows exists or not.

I have detailed exactly how our son, a Ukrainian citizen and eligible for Ukraine compulsary military service can be legally excused by........................................

........... There are many documentable, practical and beneficial qualities to having two citizenships, so far the evidence against amounts to imaginary pie in the sky with no suggestions, only scarey stories of a friend of a friend of a freind, who knew someone that was a Green Beret or said he was, or some such. Who really knows?

When I was in the military, stationed overseas, there was a big warning to folks of foreign descent - "If you're of XXXXXXXX descent, ensure you talk to the base foreign relations officer before being deployed on orders to XXXXXXXX."

You can insert whatever country you want for the XXXXXXs, but the policy is the same. For folks of XXXXXX descent, the rules of the host nation sometimes trump those of the U.S. while physically present. The odds are increased exponentially when someone is a citizen of that country as well.

Horror story, shmoror story. The law is the law.

As someone who's inflicted us with endless "gun" and off topic threads that I've had to wade through, I'm not moved by your pleas for short threads. What strikes me as 8th grade locker room is you're attempts to actually pump up the thread with more insults...do you understand me, girlfriend?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Everything is verifiable...if one wishes to make the effort.

Brad, I see you're a Mox wannabee...but we both know you're no Mox, don't we.

There you go again, you big, strong, internet warrior guru you.

Wow, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of 8th grade girls argue over who's a bigger #######. Will you girls please knock it off? Or, if you still want to cry over who said what, at least do it with smaller quotes. I hate scrolling through a whole thread of quotes of quotes of quotes just to see a two paragraph rebuttal, "Unh uh. You're a bigger ####### because you said that I said that she was....' STFU!!!!!

Thank you.

Amen. Some one likes to see if she can provoke reams of vitriolic posts with the puss-pen. Verifiable idiots only rate a line or two though.

Brad, because you post photos of you and your wife, I'd say you are verified. And you've also verified that it is true that fat, bald guys can find a younger beautiful wife from the FSU.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
...because the attractiveness of a politician/public figure has a bearing on how well they are able to do their job. And male politicians are, as a rule, very attractive men.

*eyeroll*

as a liberal democrat myself, I could say nasty things about republicans, but don't think they are relevant to a debate about Russian military service, or Russian/Ukrainian culture clashes and stereotypes. I believe these extraneous political comments belong elsewhere.

I don't disagree, but if guns ad pie make it through and seem to be favorite topics, I don't know that sticking to strict guidelines about topics to discuss really pertains to this forum. Maybe it should but I've followed this forum long enough to know politics does come up and sometimes generates long threads.

guns and pie = long-running RUB joke

using differing political views as a baseless insult = weakening of both argument and respect

Первый блин комом.

Thank you.

Amen. Some one likes to see if she can provoke reams of vitriolic posts with the puss-pen. Verifiable idiots only rate a line or two though.

Brad, because you post photos of you and your wife, I'd say you are verified. And you've also verified that it is true that fat, bald guys can find a younger beautiful wife from the FSU.

As I have said many times :yes: No web research or village trolling for the poor and desperate required either, well adjusted and educated works fine for me. I'll show anybody mine, Rambo... no pics of you around though. :P As my friend mox said once, so long as the hawt, hawt women over there want our bald, blubbery goodness, there is no incentive to change.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I believe these extraneous political comments belong elsewhere.

Like the Off Topic forum?

SHE started it Slim!

I'll say it like my mom used to, "I don't care who started it... I'm finishing it!"

As someone who's inflicted us with endless "gun" and off topic threads that I've had to wade through, I'm not moved by your pleas for short threads. What strikes me as 8th grade locker room is you're attempts to actually pump up the thread with more insults...do you understand me, girlfriend?

I never pleaded for a short thread, only for you 8th grade girls to quit using so many long quotes. If you wanna go on a verbal rampage here on the internet, more power to you. Good luck, even. I'm right there with you. But...... stop using such long quotes!

- And by the way, 8th grade locker room isn't an insult to someone trying to pump up the thread with more insults. You're an insult. Your mama is an insult. Your daddy is an insult and if the mailman had a keyboard, your mama wouldn't be insulting your dad anymore, would she?

Standing by for more long quotes.

Oh snap!

See, there's another example of an insult that's not really an insult. Keep in mind.... this is the internet! It's not that serious. Really. It's not.

As I have said many times :yes: No web research or village trolling for the poor and desperate required either, well adjusted and educated works fine for me. I'll show anybody mine, Rambo... no pics of you around though. :P As my friend mox said once, so long as the hawt, hawt women over there want our bald, blubbery goodness, there is no incentive to change.

Louisville is kind of a village, Brad.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wow:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

And I am the cutest 8th grade girl, right Slim? Slim? I didn't quote anyone. :lol:

And Brad's photos are scraped off the internet, VV, so much for verifiable. Vika is blonde, actually :lol:

Gary And Alla

What kind? :lol: Probably the same kind as Cincinatti.

It was nice to finally meet you, by the way. And thanks for including Dwayne too. He and his family are great, and we enjoy their company very much.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
...because the attractiveness of a politician/public figure has a bearing on how well they are able to do their job. And male politicians are, as a rule, very attractive men.

*eyeroll*

as a liberal democrat myself, I could say nasty things about republicans, but don't think they are relevant to a debate about Russian military service, or Russian/Ukrainian culture clashes and stereotypes. I believe these extraneous political comments belong elsewhere.

I don't disagree, but if guns ad pie make it through and seem to be favorite topics, I don't know that sticking to strict guidelines about topics to discuss really pertains to this forum. Maybe it should but I've followed this forum long enough to know politics does come up and sometimes generates long threads.

using differing political views as a baseless insult = weakening of both argument and respect

Forum reality:

guns and pie= long running annoyance to all but a few "insiders"

insulting Bush, republicans and conservatives= good

insulting Obama, democrats and liberals= bad

And...

It may be more about who is posting, then what is posted.

And I am the cutest 8th grade girl, right Slim? Slim? I didn't quote anyone. :lol:

And Brad's photos are scraped off the internet, VV, so much for verifiable. Vika is blonde, actually :lol:

How can I know what you're talking about without any quotes? But yes, Gary, for the record, you are the cutest 8th grade girl. Eww. I feel weird saying that now. Not that I'm calling you cute, but that I'm saying a 12-year-old girl could be cute. Now I know I'm officially old.

Also for the record, I met Brad in Louisville.... Vika was nowhere to be found. I'm still not convinced she's real. He may just be one of those guys that Photoshops pics and posts them in forums trying to find people to hang out with every couple of months. So far it's working for him so I can't knock it.

It was nice to finally meet you, by the way. And thanks for including Dwayne too. He and his family are great, and we enjoy their company very much.

My wife was not impressed with Cincinnati - still isn't. She thinks it's kind of like a village but bigger.

Since our village is near yours, we'll have to figure out when all three of our families can hang out. Glad to hear you guys have had the chance to meet up again. We'll be down sometime..... Looking forward to it, and village or no village, so is she!

Forum reality:

And...

Guns and pie annoying? And you call yourself an American?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

You can't see professional football or baseball in either city.

*eyeroll*

Forum reality:

And...

Told you he was a Democrat.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

For Slim: I conceal carry and own several guns. I like pecan pie. Just not seeing the humor in that. Or is there an underlying sexual context I'm missing? Guns equal men? Pie equals women? Fill me in, I'm slow.

For Gary: My point was some of the forum favorites (not naming names) liked to take shots at Bush, conservatives, gun ownership, Tea Party folks, etc. That was "GOOD."

Therefore, on this same forum, talking down about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid or the liberal left is "BAD."

You and Slim are the rare outspoken right of center types. Refreshing.

Note: No quotes.

Timeline

In short: if only one of the parents is Russian citizen I'd recommend not to apply for Russian citizenship for the child. And yes, service in Russian army (at least in its current shape) is not something young male wants to do, it would be less traumatizing for him to serve 1 year in US county jail instead.

BTW, I'm in Russia now. My wife and son passed the interview, waiting for visa to arrive. Interview was quick and easy but medical was a freakin nightmare, the bitchy female doctor gave us real hard time. Russia is chock-full of unhappy bitchy women, that was one of them, I don't even want to go in all the details.

Timeline
--edit--

Russia is chock-full of unhappy bitchy women, that was one of them, I don't even want to go in all the details.

Ain't it the truth?! In the past few years, I've met at least three Russian women divorced from American men that came to the U.S. via K visas. After a few minutes of small talk, they pushed their "bitter hateful spiteful bi*tch" buttons. "...I gave up a good life in Russia to come to America with a lying loser! Now I'm bagging groceries at Safeway to support myself!"

My immediate thought is if they displayed half that attitude in Russia, no one would want them in their home country, either. I know I couldn't escape quickly enough. :blink:

Edited by RobandTania

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.