emmieme

Co-sponsor mailing I-134 affidavit to London embassy?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

My sister is my fiances co-sponsor and she wants to mail her affidavit I-134 directly to the U.S embassy in London. It says you can do this with a cover letter. She she use this example at the below link but for the I-134? How should it be write as a co-sponsor and not the petitioner?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/I-864_Cover_letter

Also, has anyone done this before on this forum? I'm a bit worried the embassy will not be able to locate it on the day my fiance has his interview in London because my sister will mail it a least a month before.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Emilyxx

Timeline
Hi all,

My sister is my fiances co-sponsor and she wants to mail her affidavit I-134 directly to the U.S embassy in London. It says you can do this with a cover letter. She she use this example at the below link but for the I-134? How should it be write as a co-sponsor and not the petitioner?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/I-864_Cover_letter

Also, has anyone done this before on this forum? I'm a bit worried the embassy will not be able to locate it on the day my fiance has his interview in London because my sister will mail it a least a month before.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Emilyxx

Sorry everyone, i accidentally posted this twice!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Where does it say that it's possible to do this? I'm asking because I've never heard of anyone doing it before (not to say that it isn't possible, just never heard of it before).

Timeline
Where does it say that it's possible to do this? I'm asking because I've never heard of anyone doing it before (not to say that it isn't possible, just never heard of it before).

It says it at the very last two sentences on the link below.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I've never heard of anyone on VJ doing that before but if you're comfortable with doing it then go ahead. Is there a reason that your sister won't send it to your fiance so that it can be taken to the Embassy in person on the day of the interview? That would be a much safer bet in my opinion.

It says it at the very last two sentences on the link below.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

It seems simple enough of a cover letter - I wouldn't go so far as to use the example in the link you posted.

Just a normal business like and brief letter. Something like:

TO: US Embassy, London (and address)

RE: Co Sponsor's Affidavit of Support for [applicant's full name, date and place of birth and case number]

The attached affidavit of support (form I-134) and supporting documents is intended for [Person's Name]'s application for K-1 Visa. His/Her interview date is [___/___/_____].

(Optional would be to bullet-point what is attached. i.e., I-134, 2008 tax return, W-2, etc)

Thank you,

[Name of Co Sponsor]

[Contact information]

Timeline

Please DO NOT mail any co-sponsor info directly to London Embassy no matter what the website says!!!

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

We did this and even had delivery confirmation that it was received and signed for. Nevertheless when my fiance went for his interview Oct 15, 2009. The consular officer told him nothing was received. WHAT!!!! :crying: He even showed her the delivery confirmation number and tracking info; she didn't buy it. She gave him a blue form stating visa was suspended until receipt of requested documents (I-134 from co-sponsor and his passport). We sent copies to the Embassy of the document with his passport via the secure courier and it was confirmed as being received on Oct 20, 2009 at the Embassy. From there it should have taken 10-15 business days to complete the processing according to the Embassy customer service reps however as of today still no visa.........

If anything for privacy have the co-sponsor put the documents in a sealed envelope and send it directly to the beneficiary and mark on it open by consular officer only.

Sept 21, 2008 - Met through a mutual friend and started dating

Feb 19, 2009 - 1st Trip to London, UK

Feb 26, 2009 - Engaged

June 26, 2009 - 2nd Trip to London, UK

-----------------------------------------------

4/2/09 Sent I-129F to VSC

4/6/09 I-129F received by VSC

4/6/09 NOA1

4/8/09 Check cleared

4/9/09 Touched

4/11/09 Received NOA1 in mail

8/17/09 NOA2 - approval email

8/21/09 NOA2 hardcopy in mail

8/21/09 NVC sent to US Embassy London via DHL

8/27/09 Received hardcopy of notice from NVC that package was sent to US Embassy London

9/14/09 Call US Embassy London - confirmed package 3 was sent to fiance

9/16/09 Mailed Completed Packet 3 forms to US Embassy

9/18/09 Received Packet 3 from Embassy - POSTAL STRIKE DELAYS

9/22/09 Medical Interview

10/11/09 I-134 from co sponsor sent directly to US Embassy London with delivery confirmation

10/15/09 Visa Interview (Blue form - visa application suspended: return I-134 from co sponsor and passport)

10/19/09 ANOTHER copy of I-134 from co sponsor and passport sent to Embassy via secure courier

12/4/09 Letter from Senator inquiry - Chief at Embassy said no originals of I-134 were sent : O

12/8/09 FedEx Original I-134 from co sponsor to Embassy

12/8/09 Phone interview to me from Embassy regarding my fiance

***Visa received

***US entry

***Wedding - ????????????????????????????????

03/31/10 Fiance UK student visa expires : O

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.