Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a HUGE vent.

So since last summer, I have not gotten sick. AT ALL. In fact the last time I really got sick was last year, last summer.

And of course Im sick now... and I leave for Montreal on Thursday... on a 7 hour bus ride.

I just want to stay in jammies (which Ive been basically living in), drink lots of water, snuggle in my warm blankets and pout. CAUSE I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM NOT FEELING SO HOT ON ONE OF THE WEEKS THAT WILL DEFINE MY LIFE FOREVER.

OH WHY OH WHY did you decide to attack me THIS WEEK, cold virus???

And noooo its not H1N1, and I dont think its the flu because I have no chills or fever, but I am just feeling under the weather, with my head ready to explode, my nose about to fall off becuase I've been blowing it to oblivion, and just plain ol' cranky. CRANKY.

And if my mother calls me ONE MORE TIME to moan and groan about me being sick the week of my interview, I WILL BE HOMICIDAL. HO-MI-CI-DAL.

SIGH.

I feel slightly better already.

Edited by darkchilde794

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

I'll be sure to sit far away from you at dinner on THursday :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I must vent, otherwise I may go insane sitting in my little cubicle waiting for the phone to ring.

My fiance has a flight from Buffalo leaving in 2 hours to come and visit for 5 days. I'm completely paranoid that he won't be able to cross at the boarder. He called a little over an hour ago and said he was half way there (from Toronto). I should be getting the "I made it" or "I didn't make it" call any minute. I'm so sick with worry that I feel I might regurgitate my lunch!

Why, after we take the time, spend the money, endure the heartache, would ANYONE dare question our intent to immigrate legally? Damn bureaucracy!

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

I must vent, otherwise I may go insane sitting in my little cubicle waiting for the phone to ring.

My fiance has a flight from Buffalo leaving in 2 hours to come and visit for 5 days. I'm completely paranoid that he won't be able to cross at the boarder. He called a little over an hour ago and said he was half way there (from Toronto). I should be getting the "I made it" or "I didn't make it" call any minute. I'm so sick with worry that I feel I might regurgitate my lunch!

Why, after we take the time, spend the money, endure the heartache, would ANYONE dare question our intent to immigrate legally? Damn bureaucracy!

I'm sure he's fine, probably a line at the border or something :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
I'll be sure to sit far away from you at dinner on THursday :P

Ill be sure to sneeze extra hard so my germs reach you.

Just kidding!

I think Im on my way to recovery. After another day's worth of bedrest and gallons of liquids and vitamin C, I will be a-okay!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent.... people who post topics, even in OT that include links that are not appropriate for work and do not label them as such. This is the second time that i'll be summoned to my boss' office because of this. :angry:

I was so peeved at Virgin Mobile Canada that I finally had Ben switch his Verizon account to something more Canada/US friendly and then toss on an additional line for me.

Outside of a scary initial bill (two months' worth, since their employees don't seem to know how to backdate properly), no issues. It's nice to be able to talk freely with Ben whenever I feel like it (though some days, I'm sure he regrets that :P).

My rant?

Whoever had this phone number prior to my getting it must've been a reaaaaaal treat.

I've been called Boo, Baby and a couple of other things I won't mention after Rob's request for blocking NSFW comments. Heh.

I've had lawyers call me, creditors call me, concerned friends... you name it.

Lorena (which reminds me of the Sookie Stackhouse b1tch, of course) was quite the fun time, so I've heard... and I want to stop getting her phone calls!!!

Of course, until I'm done with Montreal and a couple of other loose ends with this number, I can't switch it. :(

So I've had to resort to a death-like march for all unknown numbers, and cringe when I hear that tone.

Ugh.

Also, I don't want to have to drag my rear out of bed at 1am to leave for Toronto. Why oh why did they stop doing medical exams in Windsor?!

Edited by Sam and Ben

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

He he, NSFW comments, ok, but links are what got me into trouble.

I think Mel is going through somethign similar. She has received several calls from wrong numbers and now appears to be on Progressive Insurance's main cold call list.

Timeline
My vent.... people who post topics, even in OT that include links that are not appropriate for work and do not label them as such. This is the second time that i'll be summoned to my boss' office because of this. :angry:

I agree that certain links should be labeled "NSFW" on message boards. However, you could also make the argument that you shouldn't be screwing around on a message board at work. Really, the issue here isn't whether or not something is marked "NSFW" but why someone is using their work computer and Internet connection for recreation.

Timeline

I agree that certain links should be labeled "NSFW" on message boards. However, you could also make the argument that you shouldn't be screwing around on a message board at work. Really, the issue here isn't whether or not something is marked "NSFW" but why someone is using their work computer and Internet connection for recreation.

Sounds like somebody needs to get a job :whistle:

No, that isn't the issue DPX. I do my job, quite well I think and sometimes, I have downtime while i'm on the phone, or waiting for an application to run its course. Either way, I have time that I'm working and am able to read and post on here.

Filed: Timeline

Did he make it?

iagree.gif

Timeline

Sounds like somebody needs to get a job :whistle:

No, that isn't the issue DPX. I do my job, quite well I think and sometimes, I have downtime while i'm on the phone, or waiting for an application to run its course. Either way, I have time that I'm working and am able to read and post on here.

If you can multitask, then good for you. :)

Oh and by the way... I've had jobs in the past (finding one in Canada is nearly impossible thanks to the current economy and terrible work climate in Vancouver) and none of them allowed me to use their equipment and their time to visit sites that weren't work-related. They felt -- and rightly so -- than such activities could be done on my own time.

If I were an employer, I'd feel the same way. I wouldn't pay someone to post on a message board all day. If I ever found someone using work equipment and time inappropriately, I'd give them two warnings, after which I'd fire them. While on the job, you ONLY do your job. Recreational activities have no place at work.

Just so you know, when I write "you" here, I don't actually mean YOU. I'm referring to anyone.

Edited by DeadPoolX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, my old company was the same. No way could I post on VJ, read the news, etc. Even if there is downtime, there is always something to do at work, work-related and they didn't want their staff "wasting" time on the internet when they are paying you to be at work. At my new job, same thing. Which is fine by me, I don't want to get in trouble/risk my job for browsing the net. I'll do that at home :P

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Well, I suppose I have a progressive employer. I refuse to work for an employer that is that restrictive. I can understand blocking certain websites, and I can understand restricting internet access if it is detering someone from successfully doing their job, but otherwise, I see it as overbearing.

Timeline

Did he make it?

Thankfully yes he did :) Whew!!!

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.