eMonster

co-sponsor

18 posts in this topic

hello! Does anyone know if it is true that USEM does not allow co-sponsors for K1 applications?

It surely be a great help! Thanks!

It's up to the CO at the interview and it's on a case by case basis.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello! Does anyone know if it is true that USEM does not allow co-sponsors for K1 applications?

It's up to the CO at the interview and it's on a case by case basis.

oh really?? thanks!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Usually yes... but it still depends on the case.

Read the postings here.... it might help you.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111701

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=225099

Try to search Philippine Consulate for K1-Visa co-sponsor

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

If the sponsor can't afford to take care of a wife by needing a co-sponsor he should not be allowed to petition anyone...

xl91yv7f.png

Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US Government for subsistence. While our immigration law does not disallow joint sponsorships for K nonimmigrant visa applicants, the mere submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors is not sufficient to establish that the alien is not likely to become a public charge. Accordingly, we make a thorough evaluation of other factors, such as the sponsor’s motives in submitting the Form I-134, the sponsor’s relationship to the applicant or petitioner, the length of time the sponsor and applicant have known each other, etc. An I-134 Affidavit of Support submitted by a casual friend or distant relative who has little or no personal knowledge of the applicant has limited value. Unlike the I-864 filed by joint sponsors in immigrant visa cases, the I-134 is not legally binding and imposes no legal obligation on the joint sponsor to make good on his or her promises. Please be assured that we look at the totality of circumstances in assessing the credibility of joint sponsorships

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US Government for subsistence. While our immigration law does not disallow joint sponsorships for K nonimmigrant visa applicants, the mere submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors is not sufficient to establish that the alien is not likely to become a public charge. Accordingly, we make a thorough evaluation of other factors, such as the sponsor’s motives in submitting the Form I-134, the sponsor’s relationship to the applicant or petitioner, the length of time the sponsor and applicant have known each other, etc. An I-134 Affidavit of Support submitted by a casual friend or distant relative who has little or no personal knowledge of the applicant has limited value. Unlike the I-864 filed by joint sponsors in immigrant visa cases, the I-134 is not legally binding and imposes no legal obligation on the joint sponsor to make good on his or her promises. Please be assured that we look at the totality of circumstances in assessing the credibility of joint sponsorships

hI! where did u get this? can u please send me the link? would really appreciate the help.. Thank u!

If the sponsor can't afford to take care of a wife by needing a co-sponsor he should not be allowed to petition anyone...

Yep and there has been "talk" of knocking out co sponsors for all immigration visas in the near future.

We have way more than enough people on welfare already. No need to import more! :bonk:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Yep and there has been "talk" of knocking out co sponsors for all immigration visas in the near future.

We have way more than enough people on welfare already. No need to import more! :bonk:

:lol::thumbs:

xl91yv7f.png

Timeline

:wow::wacko: Sooooo.... Headline: US Economy Fails - K1 Applicants Plunder. Next page: Moon Landing - A Hoax! :wacko::wow:

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

hI! where did u get this? can u please send me the link? would really appreciate the help.. Thank u!

This is from (Consular Section U.S. Embassy, Manila)

Reference: Fiancé(e) Visa Information

Date: April 24, 2009

This is in reply to your inquiry of April 24, 2009, regarding your visa concerns.

Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US Government for subsistence. While our immigration law does not disallow joint sponsorships for K nonimmigrant visa applicants, the mere submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors is not sufficient to establish that the alien is not likely to become a public charge. Accordingly, we make a thorough evaluation of other factors, such as the sponsor’s motives in submitting the Form I-134, the sponsor’s relationship to the applicant or petitioner, the length of time the sponsor and applicant have known each other, etc. An I-134 Affidavit of Support submitted by a casual friend or distant relative who has little or no personal knowledge of the applicant has limited value. Unlike the I-864 filed by joint sponsors in immigrant visa cases, the I-134 is not legally binding and imposes no legal obligation on the joint sponsor to make good on his or her promises. Please be assured that we look at the totality of circumstances in assessing the credibility of joint sponsorships.

For information about financial sponsorship guidelines, you may visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at http://www.uscis.gov.

Information regarding fiancé(e) and immigrant visa petitions may be found at our website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1315.html or http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html.

Please direct future fiancé(e) and immigrant visa inquiries to this web link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3230.html.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

People had circumstance that prevent them showing income.

Sickness, Taking time off work, Divorce.

I know a couple of people whom have used co sponsors and they are pretty well off in terms of money, but due to having to show income for a prior year they had to use a Co Sponsor at the USEM.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Hi there, my fiance was a waiter when he filed the I-134 and didn't meet the 125% poverty line so we were co-sponsored by his father. I was questioned about it during the interview but since i still ended up getting the visa, i can personally say that having a co-sponsor for a K1 is acceptable. USEM Manila by the way.

~*~*~Nikki and Paul~*~*~

08/15/2006 - Met and became friends at starbucks in bay area

08/25/2006 - Fiance proposed his love (tsk tsk too fast!).

08/26/2006 - I was back in the Philippines. We started to get to know each other more online.

12/10/2006 - Officially became lovers

12/15/2006 - Holiday visit in the US - 15 days

05/19/2007 - Fiance's 1st visit in the Philippines - 12 days

12/10/2007 - Holiday visit in the US - 14 days

06/19/2008 - Fiance's 2nd visit in the Philippines - 11 days

12/10/2008 - Fiance's 3rd visit (surprise) in the Philippines - 25 days

12/15/2008 - Engagement

12/16/2008 - Received blessings from my family

12/17/2008 - Received blessings from fiance's parents thru skype video chat

05/19/2009 - Fiance's 3rd visit in the Philippines

11/07/2009 - Fiance's 4th visit in the Philippines. He wanted to come with me in the interview.

01/03/2009 - Fiance filled out and sent the I-129F.

03/12/2009 - NOA1 sent

03/18/2009 - NOA1 received

06/22/2009 - NOA2 sent

06/26/2009 - NOA2 received

10/09/2009 - Packet 3 forms sent to consulate

11/12/2009 - Unforgettable interview at US Embassy Manila *Approved*

a little almost there bebe...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

And I may add that anybody who marries someone whose pocket is not deep enough is nuts! :thumbs:

tex-mex.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.