Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Other than that I am starting a new job on Monday :dance: It seems like a great place to work. The pay could be better but it will be great experience and it is a laidback type of atmosphere. The hours are good too. So keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that it all works out. Let me tell you the job hunt SUCKS and I am so glad to have finally got something. It is amazing to me how many qualifications and requirements they want you to have even a degree for a job that pays $9-10 an hour! Crazy :wacko: The economy here just sucks I tell ya.

Congrats on your new job :thumbs: How is Andre doing?

Thanks! Andre is doing ok. He is trying to plan an extravagent trip back to JA for almost a month...I just sit back and silently whisper "good luck" :blink: He doesn't quite get the idea about work not letting him go that long and how much in REALITY that is all going to cost. He doesn't want to hear it from me, so I sit back and bite my tongue as much as possible. I really want him to go back (and me too) but 3-4 weeks is just too long IMO. He says anything under that long would be a "waste".

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi everyone it has taking me awhile to get access to a computer. So now that i'm in the US what should i expect. The flight over from jamaica was nice. the procedure at the airport was ok. When should i expect to get my green card. u see my mother works at a hospital and was seeking a job for but they told i would have a green card to get the job.

Welcome to the US!!!! You should recv your social security card and green card within a month.

Oops, sorry for the incorrect info, lovelyjodie!

Question, please.... for the D156, where they ask for where the passport was issued, it asks for city and province. Is Kingston the city or the province? If it's the city, what's the province? And vice-versa....

:help:

uuummmmm well....it would just be Kingston

hi everyone it has taking me awhile to get access to a computer. So now that i'm in the US what should i expect. The flight over from jamaica was nice. the procedure at the airport was ok. When should i expect to get my green card. u see my mother works at a hospital and was seeking a job for but they told i would have a green card to get the job.

Welcome to the US!!!! You should recv your social security card and green card within a month.

Question, please.... for the D156, where they ask for where the passport was issued, it asks for city and province. Is Kingston the city or the province? If it's the city, what's the province? And vice-versa....

Okay, thanks! :thumbs:

Okay, another question, please. On the D156 where it asks the names of persons travelling with you, if his children are following later we should put None, right?

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline

Okay, another question, please. On the D156 where it asks the names of persons travelling with you, if his children are following later we should put None, right?

welcome

Darlene....how is your case going??? any RFE yet??? i sent mike's vac. card as well....just couldn't bring myself to pay 200.00 if possibly not needed...keep me posted...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes thats right :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did you guys hear about the Pakistan Cricket coach that was murdered in JA?

Story 1

Story 2

Such a sad thing that happens and darkens the reputation of Jamaica yet again :crying:

That is all everyone seems to be talking about. There is all sorts of stories out there saying how dangerous JA is and they took a chance by letting them have the Cricket World Cup in the Caribbean for the first time...and such a boost to Jamaica and then this happens. So discouraging.

More fodder for all the haters out there...like they need any more :angry::help:

This is so sad!! I was hoping that he wasn't murdered! One more blimish that Jamaica doesn't desevre.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Darlene....how is your case going??? any RFE yet??? i sent mike's vac. card as well....just couldn't bring myself to pay 200.00 if possibly not needed...keep me posted...

Haven't been touched in a week. We found a clinic that is listed as a Civil Surgeon' office and gave him 2 more shots and put his record on the correct form free. It is weird because it is in a 'project area" and the nurse was really nice. But she said they are not going to do it anymore or they are not taking new patients....I am just happy that he is done and the form is done. I am just waiting....I wish they would hurry up. He finally starts to work tomorrow and only has 2 1/2 weeks left on his temp EAD...

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

WELCOME TO THE US :dance::dance:

Welcome, welcome lovelyjodie. And congratulations to Sonshyne!!!!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Ditto :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh my gosh!!! I just got off the tele. with the Embassy......they HAVE NOT even printed the Visa yet!!!! & Cant explain why!!!! She told me to check back on Monday, I feel confident it will be ready then. She was very helpful & put me on hold 2 times while she researched & looked. She did seem concerned. Hopefully she just didnt put me on hold to eat her lunch!!! My luck, laughing in the background. Dang it, I wish Id called sooner to follow up. I cannot imagine. Nannygirl, do you think it slipped through the cracks like yours?? Did you ever find out what happened to delay you for 11 days? You guys keep sending the vibes my way, it is not over yet!!! :angry:

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline

Welcome to NYC!!!! :dance: :dance:

Since you came in through Kennedy Airport you should have and EAD that will help you to get a job but also, I read a post that it would be faster for you to get a social security card before filing for AOS. Just go to a local office and apply. If anyone knows more about this please share.

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Timeline

Since you came in through Kennedy Airport you should have and EAD that will help you to get a job but also, I read a post that it would be faster for you to get a social security card before filing for AOS. Just go to a local office and apply. If anyone knows more about this please share.

You get your temporary stamp but you have to wait at least 10 days to get in the system and then you can apply for the card. Then it takes 10 days to receive it in the mail. If one office gives you a hard time to to another one. That is what we had to do. One office wouldn't hear of it and the other did everything no questions asked...

Ricardo, good luck on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear the good news..

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

You get your temporary stamp but you have to wait at least 10 days to get in the system and then you can apply for the card. Then it takes 10 days to receive it in the mail. If one office gives you a hard time to to another one. That is what we had to do. One office wouldn't hear of it and the other did everything no questions asked...

Ricardo, good luck on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear the good news..

Thanks Darlene!!! :) :)

Sonshyne - WELCOME HOME!!Call me tonight if you get a chance I have a million questions!! :)

Abbreviated Time Line

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

re-organizes???

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

Timeline

Ditto. Good luck :thumbs:

Thanks sjb1221! You know we need all the luck we can get!!! :thumbs:

Abbreviated Time Line

re-organizes???

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

Timeline
GOOD MORNING YARDIES!!!

OK I'M BACK!!! FIRST I'M GONNA LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT I FINALLY WON THE FIGHT TO GO TO KINGSTON THE NIGHT BEFORE THE INTERVIEW :dance: MY FIANCEE HAS A FRIEND WHO LIVES IN PORTMORE KINGSTON AND WE STAYED AT HER HOUSE.

THINGS STARTED OFF A LITTLE SCARY FOR ME... FIRST WE FORGOT TO GO TO THE PAYMASTER TO PAY FOR THE INTERVIEW ON SAUTRDAY... THEY ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAY SO WE DECIDED WE'D GO ON MONDAY... WELL HE WAITED UNTIL 4:30 TO GO TO THE PAYMASTER... WE GOT THERE AND THEY WERE CLOSED FOR THE DAY :help: SO WE WENT ON OUR JOURNEY TO KINGSTON AND FIGURED WE WOULD GET IT IN THE MORNING. WE ARRIVED AT THE PAY MASTER AT 6:00 am... THEY DON'T OPEN UNTIL 8:00. ONCE THEY OPEN WE GO IN TO PAY AND THEY TELL US THAT WE CAN'T PAY FOR IT IN US DOLLARS!!! NOW I'M REALLY STARTING TO PANIC BY THIS TIME IT WAS 8:15. WE GO TO THE BANK DOWN THE STREET AND THEY DON'T OPEN UNTIL 8:45. THIS IS WHERE I REALLY START TO PRAY... I STARTED TO THINK THAT TOO MANY THINGS ARE GOING WRONG... THIS IS NOT A GOOD SIGN. WE GOT THE MONEY TRANSFERED AND WENT BACK TO THE PAYMASTER... WE FINALLY ARRIVE AT THE EMBASSY AT 9:05 :whistle:

ONCE INSIDE THE COMPUND WE WAITED UNTIL 10:15 BEFORE WE GOT IN... I THINK WE HAD THE SAME DRY RUDE WOMAN THAT TEXASBOUND HAD ( WINDOW 12). SHE ASKED FOR OUR PAPERS, I GAVE HER WHAT SHE WANTED, AND MY TAXES FOR 2004-2006, SHE ONLY KEPT 05-06. THEN TOLD US TO SIT IN SECTION B AND WAIT FOR OUR NAME TO BE CALLED. WE WERE THEN CALLED TO WINDOW 15 WHERE THEY TOOK HIS FINGERS PRINTS AND TOLD US TO GO SIT IN SECTION C AND WAIT TO BE CALLED. WE WERE THEN CALLED TO WINOW 22 WHERE WE WERE INTERVIEWED.

THAT LADY WAS VERY NICE. THE QUESTIONS SHE ASKED WERE:

HIM

1. WHEN WAS THE FIST TIME YOU MET?

2. WHERE AND HOW DID YOU MEET?

3. WHEN DID YOU PROPOSE?

4. WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO MARRY?

5. WHAT ARE HER KIDS NAMES?

6. WHAT DOES SHE DO FOR A LIVING??

7. DOES SHE HAVE A RING?

ME

1. WHAT DO I DO FOR A LIVING?

2. HOW MANY KIDS DO I HAVE?

3. SHE ASKED ABOUT THE AGE DIFFERENCE.

THEN SAID WELCOME TO THE US, THAT WE WERE APPROVED TOLD US TO GO TO AIRPAK AND PAY FOR THE DELIVERY FEE :dance::dance::dance::dance:

SHE DIDN'T ASK FOR OR LOOK AT "ANY" OF OUR PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP.

Thanks for the info Sonshyne. I am so glad things went smoothly for you. Any news on the visa.... That seems to be the next hurdle.

I am happy to say we have all of our paperwork in order and are ready for Tues.!!! Getting the No-Impediment was the biggest hurdle. He finally got it today after sitting in the Registrar Generals for 4 hours. on Wed., and then going back today and standing outside the embassy for 2 1/2 hours waiting for someone to bring it out to him!

Word to the wise.... don't fall for the 7 day expidite of the No-Impediment! Order it as soon as possible because they are very unorganized at the Registrar Generals and you will be biting your nails waiting on them at the last minute!

Good luck to everyone interviewing on Tues..... May we all be victorious!!!

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.