Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
TGIFriday everyone

Thanks for the birthday wishes! No plans but to move tomorrow :bonk: I guess once we're unpacked and settled maybe we can go to dinner Saturday or Sunday night.

Mindy - sorry about not replying to the previous move post. This is driving me insane and I can't wait to start everything once I leave work today!

Question: I just read some old pages and someone said that their fiance was denied because of past drug(weed) history. Im I stupid or do they really check for ganja? If so we aint getting our visa :wacko: :wacko: If anyone is willing to share I would appreciate it. :help:

YES, YES, YES - they will DEFINATELY do a blood test to check for ganga :yes: Many people have gotten denied for this already and others have gotten denied just for admitting to past drug use even if their test came back negative :o Tell him to stop smoking NOW and don't even hang around people who are smoking and risk getting it second-hand. It will take 1-3 months to clear out of his system depending on how heavy a smoker he is /was.

Oh SH***T thanks for the info. But is too late. He already had the medical and our next appointment is supposed to be next month. I feel so stupid. I had no idea. I will keep you posted. Thanks for he help. :(:o

If I'm not mistaken you can cancel your medical and interview and ask for a reschedule for a later date. If you're not sure about his ganga status then I'd look into doing that then to risk testing positive and being banned for 3 years because of it.

Thanks Jonesie and happy Birthday. The medical was done in October so the embassy already has it. So isnt it on record somewhere? I dont think we can take it back out of the system. This interview will already be a reschedule and I dont think I can go through the waiting period again. Maybe it wasnt meant to be?????? :( :( :(:hehe:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
TGIFriday everyone

Thanks for the birthday wishes! No plans but to move tomorrow :bonk: I guess once we're unpacked and settled maybe we can go to dinner Saturday or Sunday night.

Mindy - sorry about not replying to the previous move post. This is driving me insane and I can't wait to start everything once I leave work today!

Question: I just read some old pages and someone said that their fiance was denied because of past drug(weed) history. Im I stupid or do they really check for ganja? If so we aint getting our visa :wacko: :wacko: If anyone is willing to share I would appreciate it. :help:

YES, YES, YES - they will DEFINATELY do a blood test to check for ganga :yes: Many people have gotten denied for this already and others have gotten denied just for admitting to past drug use even if their test came back negative :o Tell him to stop smoking NOW and don't even hang around people who are smoking and risk getting it second-hand. It will take 1-3 months to clear out of his system depending on how heavy a smoker he is /was.

Oh SH***T thanks for the info. But is too late. He already had the medical and our next appointment is supposed to be next month. I feel so stupid. I had no idea. I will keep you posted. Thanks for he help. :(:o

If I'm not mistaken you can cancel your medical and interview and ask for a reschedule for a later date. If you're not sure about his ganga status then I'd look into doing that then to risk testing positive and being banned for 3 years because of it.

Thanks Jonesie and happy Birthday. The medical was done in October so the embassy already has it. So isnt it on record somewhere? I dont think we can take it back out of the system. This interview will already be a reschedule and I dont think I can go through the waiting period again. Maybe it wasnt meant to be?????? :( :( :(:hehe:

Was your hubby given a copy of his medical records? If so, he should be able to see the results. If you reschedule the interview I would think that they would ask you to do another medical just based on the fact that his medical history wouldn't be as accurate and recent, as anything can happen in a short period of time.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy friday everyone!!

Jonesie Happy Birthday :dance::dance:

Texas Bound I read the link you sent.... One more question... What info does he need to take to get a police record?? I see they are asking for info from the embassy... he doesn't have anything from them yet :wacko::wacko: As for the fee receipt... You don't pay the fee there???

Ladies I know I've asked a lot of questions in the last few days :blink::whistle: Thanks for the help, you guys are a blessing to me.

You need passport pictures (my husband was told his needed to be certified???) and ID...if I'm missing something someone please add it in!

Thanks Jonesie :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Hi,

I applied for my police record 2 months ago. I had to go to the Oxford Road office to pay the fee (express) and show my passport and 2 photos which did not need to be certified by anyone. Then I went downtown and got fingerprinted taking my passport, photos and receipt with me. I returned within 3 working days to collect the report (in duplicate). The embassy only took the original copy from me - which I had to sign.

Hope this helps,

Mars

Thanks Mars :thumbs: every question answered is a help :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Happy friday everyone!!

Hey Sonshyne, I just got through to the Embassy in Kingston. Man I called a few times then no answer. But the 3rd time I called & just waited. I let the phone ring & ring. I got through in 4 minutes. They did confirm receipt of the DS230. They would not let me schedule an appt. to pick up the next Packet (4). She did say that they were done scheduling for January & were scheduling for Feb-Apr. She kept saying that she didnt know when they would mail the next packet out. So all in all I guess I got one question answered. She was cordial & patient with my questions even though there were not many answers.

This is what he needs to take: a passport, two passport-sized photographs, fee receipt,. Fiance did not take anything from the Embassy with him & they didnt ask for anything. He should just tell them what it is for. He did pay $100 & also did the fingerprints @ the same time (required). Does this help?

I'm glad your got your receipt confrimation :dance: I called today also and finally got receipt confirmation on my packet arriving there :dance: I will get the DS230 in the mail to them by next week.

I called my fiancee today to tell him that the Embassy had mailed packet#3 to him. I also told him to Sav to get the No Impediment cert. and to Kingston to get the police report.... He told me that he could go to Montego Bay for the police report.

I tried to explain to him that he needed to go to Kingston but he is not listening to me :angry: Does anyone know if this is true??

I decided not to try to convince him any more. So I guess he'll beleive me once he goes and finds out for himself and finds out that I was right ;):whistle:

Thanks again for the info :thumbs:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Probably not a good idea to chat about someone when said person (me) can actually see what you wrote.

I stand by what I said. I have looked through this site many times and still stand by my previous statements. I did not find this site as useful as others have expressed. Things that were said on here are the opposite of what we experienced.

:lol: You waited THREE months to come back on here and respond to what she said??? :rolleyes: I don't think it was meant to be any kind of secret that you weren't supposed to see. It is hard for me to believe (and I'm not the only one) that you did not find this site useful. This is the ONLY site I used through-out my entire process and I got everything right the first time. Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. I'm sure the other 30 or so Yardie members will disagree with you! :P

What exactly did you find on this site that was the opposite of what you experienced?

Ditto I agree with Rhonda 100 percent :thumbs: this site gave me all the info I needed for my journey and everyone has been so helpful like a family. I also learned shortcuts that have at leasted save me a month waiting time. Yes why did it take you so long to respond to a comment 3 months ago? What is not helpful on this site? I agree there are a lot of people on here than enjoy VJ.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Jonesie Happy Birthday!!!

Dee welcome back!!

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
"Texas Bound I read the link you sent.... One more question... What info does he need to take to get a police record?? I see they are asking for info from the embassy... he doesn't have anything from them yet :wacko::wacko: As for the fee receipt... You don't pay the fee there???"

Hi,

I applied for my police record 2 months ago. I had to go to the Oxford Road office to pay the fee (express) and show my passport and 2 photos which did not need to be certified by anyone. Then I went downtown and got fingerprinted taking my passport, photos and receipt with me. I returned within 3 working days to collect the report (in duplicate). The embassy only took the original copy from me - which I had to sign.

Hope this helps,

Mars

Thanks Mars this helps I need to send my husband for his police record. I heard it was 3,500JA and that he could pick it up the next business day. My question is should he go get it this month or wait another month? The NVC stated on Dec. 14th it will take 2 to 8 weeks to review our paper work before it is sent to Kingston.

Thanks a billion!!

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hi Everyone!

First off, just wishing all of you the best in this new year.

I had a question - my cell phone bills have skyrocketed since the start of my relationship, lol. :help:

Does anyone know of any alternative (CHEAP) ways to call JA?

If you are going to do this for a while, I would suggest investing in Netspeak. Offered through Cable and Wireless. Between the internet and the phone service you will pay about 70US per month. But your Jamaican fiance will get a US number and it will be a local call for you. And the good thing is every number you dial will be kept in record so you have your proof for the interview. Trust me after some 400.00 US bills we had no choice,

I also brought cards from

https://www.phone-card-pin.com/

12 c per minute to call Jamaica.

Timeline

Happy new year to all. I am still waiting on some snow in Baltimore. Anyone have some to send my way?

Been so busy, but I am still here . Hope you ladies are keeping those men straight and happy.

Catch up. Iffiesha just had her biometrics done and work is coming along fine. This OAS is really moving along so fast. I did not expect this bio to be done so soon. That is about what 45 days? She starts school in two weeks so she will by juggling work and school and she is excited about it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy new year to all. I am still waiting on some snow in Baltimore. Anyone have some to send my way?

Been so busy, but I am still here . Hope you ladies are keeping those men straight and happy.

Catch up. Iffiesha just had her biometrics done and work is coming along fine. This OAS is really moving along so fast. I did not expect this bio to be done so soon. That is about what 45 days? She starts school in two weeks so she will by juggling work and school and she is excited about it.

Hi!

Glad to here everything is going well and quickly.

Sorry but NO SNOW, NO SNOW, NO SNOW

I chant that every night..... :yes::yes::yes:

WE ARE DONE!!!

Have a nice weekend!!! :dance:

Jax -- The POLICE RECORD is good for six months. I am sure you will have your interview within that time. If he's in the neighborhood have him go get it -- it will be one less thing you have to worry about. You can do it "expedited" which I believe is 2-3 days (next day might be available now) or "regular" which was like 9 days.

AND =--= there was a time when people were talking about "certified photos" -- I don't think anyone here ever got their photos "certified" in fact, I'm not sure we ever figured out what that was suppose to be. I know Roy didn't do that and we had no problems.

Trinilad -- It's so nice to hear Iffiesha is doing well.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Have a nice weekend!!! :dance:

Jax -- The POLICE RECORD is good for six months. I am sure you will have your interview within that time. If he's in the neighborhood have him go get it -- it will be one less thing you have to worry about. You can do it "expedited" which I believe is 2-3 days (next day might be available now) or "regular" which was like 9 days.

AND =--= there was a time when people were talking about "certified photos" -- I don't think anyone here ever got their photos "certified" in fact, I'm not sure we ever figured out what that was suppose to be. I know Roy didn't do that and we had no problems.

Trinilad -- It's so nice to hear Iffiesha is doing well.

Mindy thanks!!

I just got an update from NVC and they say that I am missing info so they are sending me a letter telling me what I am missing bummer. They reviewed my case quickly it only took 2 1/2 weeks. Now I have 6 to 8 weeks more to wait. They mailed me the info this Friday.. I can't imagine what the heck I even missed I sent so much information in. RATS!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Happy friday everyone!!

Hey Sonshyne, I just got through to the Embassy in Kingston. Man I called a few times then no answer. But the 3rd time I called & just waited. I let the phone ring & ring. I got through in 4 minutes. They did confirm receipt of the DS230. They would not let me schedule an appt. to pick up the next Packet (4). She did say that they were done scheduling for January & were scheduling for Feb-Apr. She kept saying that she didnt know when they would mail the next packet out. So all in all I guess I got one question answered. She was cordial & patient with my questions even though there were not many answers.

This is what he needs to take: a passport, two passport-sized photographs, fee receipt,. Fiance did not take anything from the Embassy with him & they didnt ask for anything. He should just tell them what it is for. He did pay $100 & also did the fingerprints @ the same time (required). Does this help?

I'm glad your got your receipt confrimation :dance: I called today also and finally got receipt confirmation on my packet arriving there :dance: I will get the DS230 in the mail to them by next week.

I called my fiancee today to tell him that the Embassy had mailed packet#3 to him. I also told him to Sav to get the No Impediment cert. and to Kingston to get the police report.... He told me that he could go to Montego Bay for the police report.

I tried to explain to him that he needed to go to Kingston but he is not listening to me :angry: Does anyone know if this is true??

I decided not to try to convince him any more. So I guess he'll beleive me once he goes and finds out for himself and finds out that I was right ;):whistle:

Why dont they listen to us or believe what we tell them? :wacko: It seems that they only trust the word of another Jamaican.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I talked to him and he says that he will be able to "clean up" and take another medical before the next interview. We'll see............ :huh: :huh: You guys are always a source of support and information. I am grateful. Only wish that I'd joined sooner!

Abbreviated Time Line

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

re-organizes???

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

Timeline
Happy friday everyone!!

Why dont they listen to us or believe what we tell them? :wacko: It seems that they only trust the word of another Jamaican.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I talked to him and he says that he will be able to "clean up" and take another medical before the next interview. We'll see............ :huh: :huh: You guys are always a source of support and information. I am grateful. Only wish that I'd joined sooner!

Just a thought. I know that everyone going through this process is not on this site but does anyone else find it interesting that none of us who are waiting has gotten a January date?? I keep checking and I only see one interview date for January. :blink: :blink:

Abbreviated Time Line

re-organizes???

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.