Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'll be at the Knutsford on Thursday and Friday. Now I wish the interview was on Monday so we all could have gotten together. I suppose on Friday they will be all tired and cranky....

Getting nervous...

Party at the Knutsford!! :lol:

Good luck to all of you with your interviews!

BTW, I liked the Knutsford when hubby and I stayed there.

really? that is great! i looks nice from the pics i have seen on there website...what kind of things are there to do around there??? how far is the embassy?? a couple of blocks right?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

DEFINITELY 2nd that........for GOOOOD VIBES to Darlene, Shauna and Stephen. Safe travels and best wishes to everyone!! I'm routin for ya !!

Have a great weekend everyone !!! Hopefully us MD/VA/DC OR PA (if you were around) are going to be able to link up !!

:dance:

THANKS!

:lol::lol: ...kelly you are too funny....how's the weather????

Stephen...i have the same date as you and at 7:15 as well.....are you staying over in Kingston the night before??? I decided it would be best for us if we did and then we are also going to stay a extra night...i am sure we will see you there!!

I am staying over in Kingston. I actually fly into Montego Bay on Sunday from JFK and then we are driving to Kingston and overnight at the Knutsford. Do not feel like driving that early morning to get into Kingston.

I will e mail you my contact info in Jamiaca so we can at least maybe get together sometime before you leave. Is he supposed to be flying back with you? I am going to be there until Sunday when we fly back to JFK.

cool!! i am flying into Mobay on Sunday as well...from Philly to mobay and i get in at 11am...then we are going to ochi to get the folder of papers at mike's place then to kingston....and we will be in Kington till tuesday when i leave to go back :( wish i could fly back with him but can't take that much time off of work...pm me your contact stuff and we can meet up since we will be at the same place...

Darlene...sorry you won't be there :(:(

I definitely would. i am getting into MO bay at about 12.30 that Sunday and driving to Brown's Town to drop my luggage off and then head to Kingston. I figure we would spend the night going over the paperwork to make sure everything is in order. I am not sure if I can live through the anticipation. I will certainly e mail you my info. We can have lunch on Monday after the interviews.

Sorry Darlene. I will take a drink on Appleton just for you. I know by the time we are done, you would have been through a dozen bottles of wine. Celebration time! I guess I will see you for Boston Carnival next year. Anyone coming to Baltimore Carnival, make sure you let me know. I am assuming everyone here knows what carnival is right? Keep forgetting your SO are jamaicans and not from Trini.

Timeline

You know I cannot respond to this one cause I get overly passionate about this issue me being a single parent myself. (For 3 weeks gain at least). Every relationsship with children has its own set of perculiar issues and no two are alike. My personal philosophy when it comes to my child is that I can chose my spouse, but my child I am stuck with for life. It's unfortunate that he feels he has to complete. Maybe he should try to take him to a soccer match or two, get on the sideline and do some cheering. My prayers are with you on this one. I guess I am too much of a cut and dry person for understand this so maybe someone with more of an objective head can give you some tips here. I need to take Craig with me and have a drink one of these days. We live close enough. Maybe he is having some difficulty understanding how easy this whole adjustment can be. Having a successful marraige and a happy home should not be so damn hard. maybe there is something that you are not sharing cause I cannot understand why he just insist on making this such a stressful experience. Maybe one Caribbean man to another, I may be able to share me lil bit of wisdom with him.

Shoot, I'd LOVE for him to go to the soccer games....he won't. He's been to a couple of practices, but won't mingle with the other adults!! Number one reason for not going, is because my parents are at the games and for now, my parents don't know ANYthing about Craig. They have noooo clue that I had a boyfriend for a year 1/2 and did the long distance thing and now marriage. He's sooooooo not ready for that automatic rejection, which my parents will NOT be supportive AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!! At last Sunday's game, my good friend (a black american guy) that I've been friends with for 20 yrs (even were roommates in the past) and his g-friend (a white girl) came to watch my son play. When he walked up into bleachers, I said to my parents ...you remember my friend David? and this is his friend Jennifer. My dad NEVER acknowledged him and my mom took EVERYTHING from within just to say...oh, hi. When the game was over WHOOSH, my parents were SOOO gone with the wind. Never even said goodbye !!!

My guy friends have ALL offered to take him out, but ???? Who knows....but I would LOVE for you to do that!!! Where in the area do you live?

For even my close friends that know me (and know Craig), have NO CLUE why Craig is acting the way he acts and why HE is making this experience so flippin stressful.........maturity??!!! I said to him last night, we (me and my son) are SOOO laid back and we're NOT hard to live with.....but he just can't handle the fact that he DOES have to share........but again, this wasn't a "surprise" to him!!!!!!! I suggested to Craig that he reeeeeally needs to be around families WITH kids, my friends with their kids and COUPLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son is 12 and a true-blue teenager WITH a mouth at times, but I put him in check and Craig can't STAND when I get upset and raise my voice at my son (I don't discipline physically). I'm the type of parent that won't let my child get away with disrespect, etc and when I say you're grounded....I follow through. My son is a good kid, everyone that he goes and stays with and hangs out at their house compliments me alllll of the time.

Who knows?????????

Timeline

I am still here.

We are going to have a civil ceremony at the courthouse in Baltimore City that Friday. I work at the Culinary school in baltimore and we have banquet and restaurant faccilities. As a present, my college is throwing me a small reception at no cost for about 25 people. Could not pass up on that offer. Did not feel like doing the decorating for the banquet hall for the ceremony and since the courthouse has a nice wedding chapel area I decided to use them.The time between our arrival and the wedding is too short to plan anything else. We have a lot to take care of when she comes here from deciding which college to attend, my sister's wedding in Florida a week after she gets here, her having to take the Praxis exam for the MD Education board certification on November 14th, a surprise birthday party for her on November 16th , and trying to make sure we cathch all the sales on Black Friday.Phew! I get tired just thinking about it. So I guess I will come up for air sometime in December!

Wow that's nice that your place of employment is doing that for you. But your schedule Stephen, OMG. I'm getting exhuausted just looking at it :P .

I know. There is so much to do and so little time. I tell Iffeisha all the time that we are going to have to get secretaries and learn how to have a quickie. Between her schedule and mine, it will be a while before we settle down. It's just we had arranged things assuming she would have been here in september. So we are a month or so behind and playing catch up.

Timeline
I definitely would. i am getting into MO bay at about 12.30 that Sunday and driving to Brown's Town to drop my luggage off and then head to Kingston. I figure we would spend the night going over the paperwork to make sure everything is in order. I am not sure if I can live through the anticipation. I will certainly e mail you my info. We can have lunch on Monday after the interviews.

Sorry Darlene. I will take a drink on Appleton just for you. I know by the time we are done, you would have been through a dozen bottles of wine. Celebration time! I guess I will see you for Boston Carnival next year. Anyone coming to Baltimore Carnival, make sure you let me know. I am assuming everyone here knows what carnival is right? Keep forgetting your SO are jamaicans and not from Trini.

sounds like what mike and i will be doing...going over everything...so we have it memorized!!! don't want to make ANY mistakes at the interview!!! i am getting the jitters!!!

lunch sounds great!

Timeline

For even my close friends that know me (and know Craig), have NO CLUE why Craig is acting the way he acts and why HE is making this experience so flippin stressful.........maturity??!!! I said to him last night, we (me and my son) are SOOO laid back and we're NOT hard to live with.....but he just can't handle the fact that he DOES have to share........but again, this wasn't a "surprise" to him!!!!!!! I suggested to Craig that he reeeeeally needs to be around families WITH kids, my friends with their kids and COUPLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son is 12 and a true-blue teenager WITH a mouth at times, but I put him in check and Craig can't STAND when I get upset and raise my voice at my son (I don't discipline physically). I'm the type of parent that won't let my child get away with disrespect, etc and when I say you're grounded....I follow through. My son is a good kid, everyone that he goes and stays with and hangs out at their house compliments me alllll of the time.

Who knows?????????

That parent thing. Are you telling me your parents do not know you are marraid and have no idea who Craig is? Or maybe , I need to read that again. Yey....it looks like that is what you said.

I live in baltimore City . When I get back from JA, maybe we can all get together. Maybe Craig just feel out of sorts and everyone around is foreign to him. Does he have any frinds here from Jamaica or the caribbean?

Timeline

I'll be at the Knutsford on Thursday and Friday. Now I wish the interview was on Monday so we all could have gotten together. I suppose on Friday they will be all tired and cranky....

Getting nervous...

really? that is great! i looks nice from the pics i have seen on there website...what kind of things are there to do around there??? how far is the embassy?? a couple of blocks right?

The embassy is a couple blocks away. At 6.30am in the morning, I would not suggest walking. It will take you about 5-10 mins to walk. But it's not like a main street you are coming from. The hotel will call you a taxi which may be about $300JA. Spend the $5.00US and get there safetly.

Things to do around there. Hmmm. It is downtown New Kingston so not much besides shopping. Are you leaving from Mo Bay? There is a lot to do in the counntry side. But in Kingston, from my personal experience, the options are not that much. It is not a tourist town in my opinion.

Timeline

That parent thing. Are you telling me your parents do not know you are marraid and have no idea who Craig is? Or maybe , I need to read that again. Yey....it looks like that is what you said.

I live in baltimore City . When I get back from JA, maybe we can all get together. Maybe Craig just feel out of sorts and everyone around is foreign to him. Does he have any frinds here from Jamaica or the caribbean?

No my parents don't know. My parents are very prejudice folks (raised in Baltimore City, back in the day)....I never inherited THEIR ignorance. I've always had black, asian, whatever friends. I've raised my son to not to see color, but to be friends with the PERSON and not the color of their skin. My son has mostly all black friends and just this summer my parents were extreeeemely ignorant with his friends at their pool !!!! It's sad, truly sad, but that's THEIR ignorance, not mine. I've never been really close with them (although they live 6 miles from me), they don't ask about my life, never have, they aren't interested....so I go about my business and do what's best for me and my son.

Does he have any frinds here from Jamaica or the caribbean?

His brother is in Philly, he has a TON of cousins in New York, father just came to Philly (not that his father was in the picture and he's never called him since he's been here) but THEY make a million excuses about getting together. Some of the guys he works with are from Ghana, Trinidad and one from Jamaica, but they've all since been fired from the job. Craig is very hard working and this other guys got fired for their foolishness and lack of responsibility. I also have a very very good from that I've known from the Negril area for about 8 yrs and we've hung out with him a couple of times, but Craig and Mophead (my friend) have spoken on the phone several times.

Timeline

Getting nervous...

The embassy is a couple blocks away. At 6.30am in the morning, I would not suggest walking. It will take you about 5-10 mins to walk. But it's not like a main street you are coming from. The hotel will call you a taxi which may be about $300JA. Spend the $5.00US and get there safetly.

Things to do around there. Hmmm. It is downtown New Kingston so not much besides shopping. Are you leaving from Mo Bay? There is a lot to do in the counntry side. But in Kingston, from my personal experience, the options are not that much. It is not a tourist town in my opinion.

ok...well we are planning on being at the embassy at 5:00 am because the line gets very long!! so i guess we will just take a taxi then....

guess we will just hang out by the pool :D

Edited by nannygirl82

Maybe one Caribbean man to another, I may be able to share me lil bit of wisdom with him.

Hey Kelly -- That sounds like the best thing yet!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Getting nervous...

ok...well we are planning on being at the embassy at 5:00 am because the line gets very long!! so i guess we will just take a taxi then....

guess we will just hang out by the pool :D

If I can get Iffeisha out of the door at 5.am I would. But to do that, you have to get this woman started at about 3.am. I actually brought the outfit for her to wear to the interview to save us trying on 15 outfits before she decides on the first one she tried two hours ago. But I am going to try to get there as early as I can.

Getting nervous...

If I can get Iffeisha out of the door at 5.am I would. But to do that, you have to get this woman started at about 3.am. I actually brought the outfit for her to wear to the interview to save us trying on 15 outfits before she decides on the first one she tried two hours ago. But I am going to try to get there as early as I can.

Timeline

the earlier the better!!! Kim told me the line is like a line at Disney World!!! the sooner you get there the better!!!!

the earlier the better!!! Kim told me the line is like a line at Disney World!!! the sooner you get there the better!!!!

We stayed at the Hilton and took a cab -- Roy said that walking would be too dangerous at that time -- we got there at 6:00am -- there were already about 20 people in line in front of us.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

We got there at 6:30am, there was about 40 or so people already in line. We got in about 7:30am. Our interview was on a Friday at 9:15am

Stephen, is this weather crazy here today or what??? It was 75 degrees yesterday and now today, it rained this morning, windy as all get out now and supposed to be only 60 degrees !!!

Timeline

We stayed at the Hilton and took a cab -- Roy said that walking would be too dangerous at that time -- we got there at 6:00am -- there were already about 20 people in line in front of us.

wow....we are really going to get there early then!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.