Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We just found out we have raccoons in the attic......PLEASE tell me Roy isn't going to surprise me for dinner :no::lol:

Omigosh! This reminds me, we have a horrible possum problem this year, and they keep eating everything in Lake's garden. He killed a small one, I felt so bad it was just a baby, but he didnt know, he thought it was a big RAT!

Anyhow, he TELLS me, if he catches the momma, he is COOKIN HER UP!! Fine fixins in Guyana, Mawerry stew...blecht!

i feel sort of lucky i won't have to worry about this kind of stuff...because all mike knows how to cook is eggs and mac and cheese :lol:

Nannygirl,

I guess we should count ourselves lucky. My hubby tells me in Trinidad, SKUNK is considered a delicacy! :lol::lol:

Trinilad, have you heard of this??? Or is he tellin me a story?

Sorry, but that is a story. Now possum is a delicacy and so are iguanas and armadillo (hope I spell that right). Definitely not a skunk. I am not even sure we have any of those back there

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Last minute jitters I guess. OK I-134 question! I finally got my letter from the bank and all they give me is the date opened and current balance. Since I am using my income from my job to to show I meet the income requirements requirements, how important is this bank statement/ letter? I was able to get almost all the statements for the past year showing deposits and withdrawals, but I am not sure what information they are looking at when you have many transactions in one month? Did anyone who had a recent interview had thier bank statement or bank letter scrutinized? Did they actually ask for it after you provided the job letter and tax return or was it just one of those "just in case" documents that you walked with but never actually used?

I tell you I am already personally responsible for a forest or two disappearing from the earth and I just do not feel like this last minute rangle with the bank. I have the last three years tax return, the job letter, the last 6 months worth of pay stubs. Am I ok here or am I missing something

Here's how our interview went...this past May ---

Dropped off our interview letter at Window 1. Waited for about 30 minutes, called to Window 4. She (not so nice) asked Craig if he'd ever been to the states.....No.....who was his fiancee.....my name. Asked why we had 2 I-134's, but kept both. Gave back all but 2004 & 2005 tax stuff. Then asked us to sit down to be called. Waited another 15 min called to Window 9 ....HE was BIGGEST a&&hole EVER !!!!!! He asked Craig to sign the forms, but we had forgotten to bring a pen. We asked NICELY if we could borrow a pen, he literally THREW down his headset and HUFFED and puffed away. He RELUCTANTLY let us BORROW a flippin pen. He asked Craig about 4x whether he'd been to the states. Asked if he'd ever been in trouble with the law, stopped by the police or had a criminal record. Craig answered that he had been in a car years ago, but nothing ever happened to him. Then he fingerprinted him.

He proceeded to look at our OLD paperwork, meticulously looked through our pictures --which were about 10 pages long. I asked him if he would like some additional pictures, letters, phone records, etc.....NEVER looked at me and said, that wouldn't be necessary. Then he asked Craig, to go sit down and he was going to talk WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy, I'm tellin ya, was the most UNPLEASANT and sarcastic person. He gave me an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely hard time about our age difference, asked if "I" thought there would be that passion and romance once he got to the states, like it was on the "beaches of Negril". I nicely reminded him that I've been coming to Jamaica for over 10 yrs and that I've been back several times since I met Craig in November of 2004. He gave me an extreeeeeeemely hard time about my income. I make WELL over the poverty limits, but he was looking at the paperwork TOTALLY incorrectly and I politely pointed that out to him. When you have your own business, you file differently than any personal income. That's why I had everything stapled together with a BRIGHT pink sticky note, stating the difference. Even making almost $27,000 (not including my child support AND my part-time job) in 2004 was NOT "good enough" in his eyes. He NEVER ever looked at my bank letters, employment letters or child support statement proving the extra income. Never looked at the I-134, just kept going over and over and over again about the 2004 & 2005 income tax info ---which, in fact is OVER the "poverty level" !!!

HOPE THIS HELPS.... kelly

Thanks so much. This has been so much help. I hope I can survive that kind of scrutiny. My fiance been warning me about my so called sharp wit. I hope I can keep my tongue in check. I can see we are going to have one of those odd interviews. Just a lil history on my fiance and I. We met in 2001 in Jamaica at a house party. I was so crazy about her, I was back in Jamaica a couple months later. We used to rack up some $500.00 per month phone bills. The long distance was too much for us and she had no intentions of moving to the US and I had no intention of moving to Jamaica. We were both involved at the time and after a couple visits, the distance got to us and we moved on with our lives. I got marraid. Lasted less than a year because within a couple months I realized that the woman I loved was not the one I was marraid to. My wife then said she always knew, and the divorce was very routine. So I could just see that immigration officer asking me about that since I was marraid for a short time between the time we knew each other. But I guess that may work for us cause we just cannot see ourselves with anyone else even if we wanted to. And we did try. (he he)

So my fiance and I were going through the pics and selecting the ones we were taking to the interview. I suggested to her to take the pictures of her and my daughter from Christmas and also some from when my daughter spent the last summer vacation with her. She thought this was silly since they need proof of us together which we already have and she thinks that pics of her with my daughter is not the same. I told her that any man who sends his 7 year old daughter to spend 3 months with a woman in a foreign country must be having a serious relationship with her and that is what we want this immigration officer to see. You know I got the "whatever." So I told her i am going to pass this one by you guys. Any opinion?

Timeline

So my fiance and I were going through the pics and selecting the ones we were taking to the interview. I suggested to her to take the pictures of her and my daughter from Christmas and also some from when my daughter spent the last summer vacation with her. She thought this was silly since they need proof of us together which we already have and she thinks that pics of her with my daughter is not the same. I told her that any man who sends his 7 year old daughter to spend 3 months with a woman in a foreign country must be having a serious relationship with her and that is what we want this immigration officer to see. You know I got the "whatever." So I told her i am going to pass this one by you guys. Any opinion?

Any pictures ....which they'll keep (if they ask)....is ALWAYS good. I have a TON of pics of my son and Craig, but the goofball interviewer didn't want any more proof. My son also wrote a letter (to the Embassy), which he never bothered to read over, would your daughter be willing to do that too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yippe :dance: My I130 was approved on October 12th. I just recieved the notice today! Yippe now it is going to NH. My I-130 was approved in 55 days not bad.

What is next with the process? Can anyone :help: me out. It would be greatly appricated. Should I now skip the K-3 process or keep doing both?

And to think I thought I messed up the paper work and they were going to send it back fwww. :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I am suprised it got approved I didnt even have the certified marriage certificate in the packet. OH MY!

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yippe :dance: My I130 was approved on October 12th. I just recieved the notice today! Yippe now it is going to NH. My I-130 was approved in 55 days not bad.

What is next with the process? Can anyone :help: me out. It would be greatly appricated. Should I now skip the K-3 process or keep doing both?

And to think I thought I messed up the paper work and they were going to send it back fwww. :whistle:

that's great news!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::yes::yes::dance::dance:

sorry can't help you with the next step....but it seems like you got approved very fast!!!

Timeline

To all who are preparing for interviews next week, best of luck to you. I may not get the chance to put my usual 2 cents bit in before then cause I have so much to get done at work so that I can take the week off to go to my fiance's interview on October 30th. I promise to hang around after Iffeisha and I pop the bottle of wine. Our wedding plans are in place for November 10th in Baltimore. All that stands in our way right now is that 15 minute of fame with that man/ woman on Oxford Road in Kingston.

I know there is someone else who has an interview date same as mine. Cannot remember who it is. Hope I do chat with you before then.

To all of you, best of luck and I have a feeling we will all have success stories to share and guidance to give to those who are just one step behind us.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We just found out we have raccoons in the attic......PLEASE tell me Roy isn't going to surprise me for dinner :no::lol:

Omigosh! This reminds me, we have a horrible possum problem this year, and they keep eating everything in Lake's garden. He killed a small one, I felt so bad it was just a baby, but he didnt know, he thought it was a big RAT!

Anyhow, he TELLS me, if he catches the momma, he is COOKIN HER UP!! Fine fixins in Guyana, Mawerry stew...blecht!

i feel sort of lucky i won't have to worry about this kind of stuff...because all mike knows how to cook is eggs and mac and cheese :lol:

Nannygirl,

I guess we should count ourselves lucky. My hubby tells me in Trinidad, SKUNK is considered a delicacy! :lol::lol:

Trinilad, have you heard of this??? Or is he tellin me a story?

Sorry, but that is a story. Now possum is a delicacy and so are iguanas and armadillo (hope I spell that right). Definitely not a skunk. I am not even sure we have any of those back there

I just asked my cousins who attended college in Trinidad and they said NOT true. Like Guyana, possum and iguanas. Did you know Iguana eggs have a soft shell. I ate curry iguana when I was 7 or so. Never had possum...thank God. No wonder I became a vegetarian until recently (doctor's orders). :P

Congrats Jaxie!! ;):dance:

The next step if for them to send your file to NVC - National Visa Center. NVC will contact you or you can call 603-334-0790 to check on the status. You can also sign up to check status online. I did not do CR1 so I can't say exactly what happens next. I think they send you the next set of forms and the fee bill. There are several posts outlining the shortcuts for this process. I am afraid I don't know.

I would go ahead and file the I-129F (K3) if you have the money. You need the NOA2 from your now approved I-130 to file your K3 app. You can see which one reaches Kingston 1st. While it would have been nice for Henry to arrive with his greencard, I do not regret doing K3 and adjusting status here. I just needed my man HERE. I was a wreck waiting for CR1 to move. Soooo......

But I would let the two run concurrently if you can spare the cash...I know you're not made of money.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My interview or should I say our interview is next Friday the 27th. I am leaving for Kingston on Thursday. If you can check back next Friday afternoon I promise as soon as we are done I will find an internet cafe and post what happened.

Good luck to you and Nannygirl who I believe is the same day as you Trinilad.

I have to finish up putting everything together and triple ckecking everything.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Congrats Jaxie!! ;):dance:

The next step if for them to send your file to NVC - National Visa Center. NVC will contact you or you can call 603-334-0790 to check on the status. You can also sign up to check status online. I did not do CR1 so I can't say exactly what happens next. I think they send you the next set of forms and the fee bill. There are several posts outlining the shortcuts for this process. I am afraid I don't know.

I would go ahead and file the I-129F (K3) if you have the money. You need the NOA2 from your now approved I-130 to file your K3 app. You can see which one reaches Kingston 1st. While it would have been nice for Henry to arrive with his greencard, I do not regret doing K3 and adjusting status here. I just needed my man HERE. I was a wreck waiting for CR1 to move. Soooo......

But I would let the two run concurrently if you can spare the cash...I know you're not made of money.

Thanks Elizabeth for the help. So how long should I wait to call? I really am appreciate of this information?

Do you know the site here for James Shortcuts page :help:? Or does anyone? I can't find it ugh. Yes I already filled my K3 when I got my NOA1 from the I-130. The I-129F has been touched once but nothing yet. Some peoples I-130s are moving faster. We realized that we are getting sick of being apart after so long. We are almost to our 9 year anniversary point wow that will be on Jan 5th. He has decided to come up quickly now instead of making the process slow down.

Oh yeah and I wanted to share with you all from your experiences we will put off having children and put that on the back burner for a couple years. Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences.

One Luv

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Okay I found the James Shortcuts.. It took me awhile. yawning ahaha

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

That's funny!!

Can't imagine having one as a pet -- but they are cute. I find them the cutest when they are dead on the side of the road :dance:

OMG Mindy you are terrible :o Oh, and I love your new avitar :devil::lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I am suprised it got approved I didnt even have the certified marriage certificate in the packet. OH MY!

I never sent a certified marriage certificate either and it was no big deal. I just sent a copy of the one the Pastor gave us on the day we were married. I never even got a certified one from the state :wacko:

I know there is someone else who has an interview date same as mine. Cannot remember who it is. Hope I do chat with you before then.

Nannygirl82 has an interview the SAME DAY as you!! Maybe you'll see each other at the Embassy. Good luck to both of you :thumbs:

My interview or should I say our interview is next Friday the 27th.

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:(F) Wow, we have 3 interviews coming up within the next 10 days :star:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline
GOOD LUCK :thumbs:(F) Wow, we have 3 interviews coming up within the next 10 days :star:

Yes, best wishes and good vibes going out to Darlene on the 27th, and Shauna and Stephen on the 30th. I believe that all are attending the interviews and I wish them all safe travels and easy approvals and happy reunions.

Congrats to Stephen on his upcoming wedding on November 10th. Stephen, I know you may not get a chance to answer before you're trip but what kind of wedding will you be having?

Also congrats to Jax; you're on your way.

Even though I haven't heard any updates from them lately I hope that Dru and Marsha have some progress too. I want to see some approvals!!

New mommies- Julie, Kim and Myisha; how's it going?

Everyone have a great Friday and a great weekend.

Michele

Timeline

DEFINITELY 2nd that........for GOOOOD VIBES to Darlene, Shauna and Stephen. Safe travels and best wishes to everyone!! I'm routin for ya !!

Stephen, where in Baltimore are you guys getting hitched?? I coulda hooked you up with my friend who married us. You can get married *anywhere* :D

Have a great weekend everyone !!! Hopefully us MD/VA/DC OR PA (if you were around) are going to be able to link up !!

:dance:

This is probably a really stupid question and I'm still not used to this new site....since the change, how do I take a "quote" and respond to it, so that the entire thing doesn't show up?? Do you know what I mean?

THANKS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.