Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Happy Thursday....everyone!! (F)

Signed up for weight watchers today and at curves they are having a biggest losser competion. The competion are teams of four so know I need to be on my best behavior. I cant believe since I got married a month a go I have packed on 20 pounds yikes.
Congratulations!! Weight Watchers is the best.....I have done them all. And, I LOVE Curves. The women at mine have a great support system....I sprained my foot last week and haven't been able to go this week -- I really miss it. Good luck!!
Anything special to look out for at the interview. Do you think me being at the interview helps?
Probably the oddest thing was having Roy write my first and last name..... Regarding the interview -- GO IF YOU CAN!! I think everyone here will tell you the same thing. It makes things so much easier when you both are there -- that's the best proof of a "real" relationship.
Oh gosh you making me :blush:, I am so excited for the interview. I can't hardly wait....its the light at the end of the tunnel. As we enter the next (AOS) tunnel.
I don't think AOS was as frustrating.....but, there are other "hurdles" you will have to overcome once you get to America. Don't worry, many of us have already been through it and will be here to help. ;)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Trinilad-

I hope I can help you a bit. You will need all three tax returns. They may look over the most recent one but they still asked us for all three........just to be safe...have all three of them...!!!!!!

As for the bank statement....they are not overly concerned at all about the amount you have in savings or checking....especially if you meet the income requirements.......

Also.....In my opinion.....being at the interview is a MUST.......it really helps show your "real" relationship and committment to each other. Anyone who has done it alone seemed to have more problems so I would strongly encourage your attendance...especially if your fiance is a bit nervous...it always helps to have moral support....

As for the interview stuff........go back and do a search under my name...I have posted several times about the interview that we just had in July with all the questions they asked....ect......you should find it helpful since a lot of us had similar questions asked of us.....

Nanny....hope you are feeling better...I think you gave it to me....I m feeling a bit nauseated this morning.......

Yep...they asked Duane to write my first and last name (without my help)...I think that was the weirdest!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Yes Jax.....weight watchers is the "BEST".......I lost 80 pounds 2 years ago and have kept it off!!!!!! Except for the 10 pounds I have gained since getting married......I told Duane that I am back on my program because I refuse to wear any of those "fat clothes" that are hanging in my closet.......Good luck girl....I have a ton of great weight watcher recipes and tips if intersted...just PM me.... :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by kimlbs

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Trinilad-

Yes Jax.....weight watchers is the "BEST".......I lost 80 pounds 2 years ago and have kept it off!!!!!! Except for the 10 pounds I have gained since getting married......I told Duane that I am back on my program because I refuse to wear any of those "fat clothes" that are hanging in my closet.......Good luck girl....I have a ton of great weight watcher recipes and tips if intersted...just PM me.... :thumbs::thumbs:

First off, congratulations!!! That is a great accomplishment - keeping it off even better! :thumbs:

Second, donate those "fat clothes" girl!!!! NOW! :D

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Hey Ladies & Gents.....

How's everyone doing? Are any of you on ETJ? www.everytingjamaican.com I know I have met a few of you on there. (Mindy and Anna). But for the other Chicago peeps....they are planing a ChiTown Link up. Perhaps in October. They talking about going to WildHare and or Exodus. Perhaps this is our time to finally meet. Whatcha tink? :dance:

Filed: Other Timeline
yes its october 13th :dance: i call yesterday an they told me... my wife (savanphil) is very happy but im nervous , i wil pick up my police rec an pac 4 on friday
:dance:Yipee!! :dance:

Don't be nervous....everything will be just fine :yes:

this is # i use to call the embassy an get thru in less than 15mins everytime (876) 929 4850 to 9 if u get automated system dont press nething jus wait for a while an it will connect u to a person directly

Hi SAVANPHILMAN....... (L)(L)(L)(L)

The two of you are so cute... (L)

:lol: I never noticed there were two phil and philman. LOL Cute indeed.

:yes::lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I hope I have finally found the right place to post this question.

My fiance has her interview at the Jamaican embassy on October 31st 2006. I am 99% certain that I would be there even if it for moral support. So I am hoping to get some pointers for anyone who had an interview in Jamaica recently.

1) Do I need the last tax return or the last 3. The instructions from the embassy was unclear.

2) My income exceed the 125% treshold comfortably by about $15,000.00 so I am not worried about that area for the I-134. I am wondering however how much of an importance is the bank statement since I just have a couple thousand saved, but just curious as to what is "enough" for the interview.

3) Anything special to look out for at the interview. Any questions that jumped out at you or anything that you found the person conducting the interview focussing on.

4) do you think me being at the interview helps? We were hoping that she would have been here already and I am heading to Jamaica this weekend because I think that 6 months apart is taking a toll on her. I was hoping that I would not have to return a month later, but I just do not want to make this any more stressful for her so I am going to bite the bullet and make it back in October only if it will help. I am doing the "ticket" dance hoping Air Jamaica has another sale again.

Anything that you can tell me about the interview would be appreciated. Questions, concerns, tips etc.

I really want to say that reading this forum has been such a blessing for me. I keep telling my fiance that the US may be a culture shock to the laid back life of Jamaica. Your experiences have definitely given me some pointers in lil "adjustments" to look out for.

1. They will most likely look at the last, as they did in our case, but always be overly prepared it won't hurt.

2. Like I said it won't hurt, I had several bank statement, they never looked at one.

3. No. Everything was factual, It was over in minutes. When and where did you met, Ever been to the US before, Ever been married before, How many times you've been to JA to see your fiance, How many children, When do you plan to marry...Pretty straight forward.

4. GO!!! It HELPS!!!!! There was a guy getting hammered with question next to us :yes: He was there alone. He got thru but damn did they give him hell.

I hope that helps GOOD LUCK!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ladies & Gents.....

How's everyone doing? Are any of you on ETJ? www.everytingjamaican.com I know I have met a few of you on there. (Mindy and Anna). But for the other Chicago peeps....they are planing a ChiTown Link up. Perhaps in October. They talking about going to WildHare and or Exodus. Perhaps this is our time to finally meet. Whatcha tink? :dance:

Good morning family.

I'm not in Chicago but good to see you around :star:

Filed: Timeline
Hey Ladies & Gents.....

Hey Jill!! It's great to see you around these parts. :D

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mornimg,

Phil and philman....soo cute

Jill hi

Nanny hope youo feel better soon.

Belwinmills- congrats on that big step to loosing weight. I have been fighting with mine I lost 10 punds but putit on with an additional 15 after being married.

I feel my husban dis backing out of coming here. Yes the packet has not been sent/recieved at his house yet but he keeps sayingthat it will come I shouldn't worry everytime I tell him to go to the embassy and pick it up so we can send it back and get an early appointment date. He won't even go for his police certificate. I am getting fed up withthis and he is not helping, please keep us in your prayers, I am two seconds away from giving up and callingit quits. I just don't want to,(please oh lawd give me the strenght) I need him here and he needs me bu the is too lazy to get off his butt and go and finish up I can't do anything more I am here.

I feel a massive headache coming on I am gonna take a few pills and fix my resume.

See you lata.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

I feel my husban dis backing out of coming here. Yes the packet has not been sent/recieved at his house yet but he keeps sayingthat it will come I shouldn't worry everytime I tell him to go to the embassy and pick it up so we can send it back and get an early appointment date. He won't even go for his police certificate. I am getting fed up withthis and he is not helping, please keep us in your prayers, I am two seconds away from giving up and callingit quits. I just don't want to,(please oh lawd give me the strenght) I need him here and he needs me bu the is too lazy to get off his butt and go and finish up I can't do anything more I am here.

I feel a massive headache coming on I am gonna take a few pills and fix my resume.

See you lata.

I'll keep you in our prayers. This is a two way street. I hope he develops some initative(spelling) soon. Is there any thing on the report that might hurt him in the long run? I don't know...just wondering if there may be means to his justify is reasoning. Will he have a way to embassy? Is's hard to read between the lines. He didn't honestly say he's not going to get the police report? He understands that it's not an option, you obviously cannot go for him even if you were there. :blush: Don't stress your self out. Your blessing is as long as good as your suffering. Hang in there (F)

Edited by Denden

Hi ladies....

I'm planning a trip to Orlando...way overwhelmed with all the hotel choices. can anyone recommend a nice hotel that is clean comfortable and somewhat affordable? There will be two of us and my stepdaughter.

Throw me out a few names...pleeeaseee!

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Hi ladies....

I'm planning a trip to Orlando...way overwhelmed with all the hotel choices. can anyone recommend a nice hotel that is clean comfortable and somewhat affordable? There will be two of us and my stepdaughter.

Hey, Don't kno, Ask Kelly :D

Timeline

See you lata.

Hi everyone again.

While I was in here recently, I came upon this topic. Please understand that I mean no negative comments and I know I have not been in these parts for some time but I feel I need to comment. I would have to say this is a red flag. Something about this is not right. Its of some concern that you need to get to the bottom of. While I will say a prayer for you and hopes it works out.....I suggest throwing out to him that you are pulling the plug on this and walking away. Go through the motions. Stand strong. See what happens. Its going to be tuff. Take it from me....I know how hard it can be. It will take time to get to the bottom of it. But it will be worth it in the long run. I know you have put alot of money, time, effort, love, blood, sweat & tears into this....but you'll better off knowing the truth. Stay strong. We're here for you. Much love!

While I was in here recently, I came upon this topic. Please understand that I mean no negative comments and I know I have not been in these parts for some time but I feel I need to comment. I would have to say this is a red flag. Something about this is not right. Its of some concern that you need to get to the bottom of. While I will say a prayer for you and hopes it works out.....I suggest throwing out to him that you are pulling the plug on this and walking away. Go through the motions. Stand strong. See what happens. Its going to be tuff. Take it from me....I know how hard it can be. It will take time to get to the bottom of it. But it will be worth it in the long run. I know you have put alot of money, time, effort, love, blood, sweat & tears into this....but you'll better off knowing the truth. Stay strong. We're here for you. Much love!

I agree. It's easy for us to pass judgement. As much as I want to offer you hope... There is something holding your man back. Everything happens for a reason. God dosen't close doors for nothing! I pray that he brings you the strength you need to either carry on or let go.

Denise (F)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'll keep you in our prayers. This is a two way street. I hope he develops some initative(spelling) soon. Is there any thing on the report that might hurt him in the long run? I don't know...just wondering if there may be means to his justify is reasoning. Will he have a way to embassy? Is's hard to read between the lines. He didn't honestly say he's not going to get the police report? He understands that it's not an option, you obviously cannot go for him even if you were there. Don't stress your self out. Your blessing is as long as good as your suffering. Hang in there

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing in his files, I have gone as far as asking his mom and dad, ( I asked the sister but ..................) Ne he didn't actually say he wasn't gona go get it but, what I can't get his him putting things off. I told him a month agao when I found out that he sould go get his report and up until last night he still didn't go get it. He has more than a way to go get it, the precent is not far fromhis housa and the embassy is a bout 1/2 hour drive. I got so upset last night I wanted to put my hand throught the phone. I can only do do much,I just want to get it in his head that things are p to him now, I cannot do anythign much to help out seeing that the requiremnets are on him.

Hi ladies....

I am not too sure about ane hotels there.I always go to family, srry.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.