Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just wanted to let you all know that our K-1 Fiance visa has been approved here, and now it's on to NVC and then to the consulate!! :yes: I am SO excited, and nervous at the same time, because I know there's alot of stuff we have to get rolling on, but all in all, I hope this means that I am THAT much closer to being with the man that I love!! :dancing:

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just wanted to let you all know that our K-1 Fiance visa has been approved here, and now it's on to NVC and then to the consulate!! :yes: I am SO excited, and nervous at the same time, because I know there's alot of stuff we have to get rolling on, but all in all, I hope this means that I am THAT much closer to being with the man that I love!! :dancing:

Tamisha

Congrats :luv:

Good morning ladies....it is so grey and gloomy here, I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee -_-

I know we have had a discussion about places to move in the past...I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas about living in North Carolina...specifically the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area??

We are thinking about it very strongly...houses are still really affordable and jobs are everywhere. There are also 6 or 7 different jamaican restaurnats and shops so that must mean they are there :P

Any thoughts anyone???

xoxo

d

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Good morning everyone!! I have been so busy the past few weeks -- I have no idea what is going on with everyone.....gotta make some time to go back and read the 1,000 pages :lol: I've missed. Hope all is well!! (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Happy belated birthday, Anna :thumbs:

The twins arrived Aug 24 at 10:40 and 10:45 pm. Brenden Cole weighs 5 lb 13 oz. and Christopher Chase weighs 4 lb 13 oz. Pics have been added to the yahoo site in our folder (Kim and Rickie)
Congratulations on the great interview and the two bundles of joy!! (F)
What if our man is working (authorized) and then comes that 90th day. Does or will he **have** to stop working
Unfortunately, he will have to stop working. :( There are so many bad things that could happen if he continues on after the 90 days expire. Not only with the people he is working for get in big trouble but he will too. I think that's the reason why alot of people do not get the temporary EAD stamp at JFK. The chances of you filing your paperwork and getting the "temp EAD" before that 90 days expires is pretty slim. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen anyone here on VJ getting it done that fast.
Just wanted to let you all know that our K-1 Fiance visa has been approved
Congratulations :dance: :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
Good morning ladies....it is so grey and gloomy here, I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee -_-

I know we have had a discussion about places to move in the past...I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas about living in North Carolina...specifically the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area??

We are thinking about it very strongly...houses are still really affordable and jobs are everywhere. There are also 6 or 7 different jamaican restaurnats and shops so that must mean they are there :P

Any thoughts anyone???

xoxo

d

Friends of mine just moved to the Mooresville, NC area. They absolutely love it down there. They are right on a lake, they bought a boat, but she said it was soooo darn inexpensive. Three other couples that her *new* husband is friends with, moved down there right before they did. They are all living in the same community. I also have really good friends in the Mint Hill, NC area.

Hope that helps.... I've never been to either....some day.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Any thoughts anyone???

xoxo

d

I am all for NC! May end up there myself. But I think Kimone is near Raleigh, so she can pipe in between feeding the twins. :D

Any thoughts anyone???

xoxo

d

Friends of mine just moved to the Mooresville, NC area. They absolutely love it down there. They are right on a lake, they bought a boat, but she said it was soooo darn inexpensive. Three other couples that her *new* husband is friends with, moved down there right before they did. They are all living in the same community. I also have really good friends in the Mint Hill, NC area.

Hope that helps.... I've never been to either....some day.

A builder sent me a book of new constructions in Mooresville. It seems very nice. A LOT is happening in North Carolina and not just in Charlotte and the scary thing is they have room to grow!!!

Tamisha

wohooo! moving right along nicely! :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tamisha

Good mornig all,

CONGRATULATIONS :dance::thumbs::thumbs:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Good morning ladies, *looks around to ensure I see no men* allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I live in northern California. A friend of mine suggested that I check this forum out as she felt it would be beneficial to me. I read over a few of the topics that are not pinned and realized in most threads it was suggested that people come to this thread, so here I am.

I am going to hold off on any questions I may have until I complete the previous reading. I started and am currently on page 15 or so. Forgive me as I skim and don't read completly.

A little about me and what brings me here, my SO is in JA and we have been oficially dating for about 7 months or so. I spent time there February, when we met, 2 weeks in the beginning of August and I am returning 12/6. He is also planning his visit here for sometime in Feb. I come here as I am uncertain as to where this relationship is going as there has been some mention of "tying the knot". If that is the case, I want to have my head on straight with regard to process and procedures. Not only that, I thought this would be a great support network for relationship woes and what not.

Anyway, please feel free to ask me any questions, for the most part I am an open book. I thank you for leaving the door to your home open and look forward to chatting with you all soon. Now, off to read.....

Timeline
Good morning ladies, *looks around to ensure I see no men* allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I live in northern California. A friend of mine suggested that I check this forum out as she felt it would be beneficial to me. I read over a few of the topics that are not pinned and realized in most threads it was suggested that people come to this thread, so here I am.

I am going to hold off on any questions I may have until I complete the previous reading. I started and am currently on page 15 or so. Forgive me as I skim and don't read completly.

A little about me and what brings me here, my SO is in JA and we have been oficially dating for about 7 months or so. I spent time there February, when we met, 2 weeks in the beginning of August and I am returning 12/6. He is also planning his visit here for sometime in Feb. I come here as I am uncertain as to where this relationship is going as there has been some mention of "tying the knot". If that is the case, I want to have my head on straight with regard to process and procedures. Not only that, I thought this would be a great support network for relationship woes and what not.

Anyway, please feel free to ask me any questions, for the most part I am an open book. I thank you for leaving the door to your home open and look forward to chatting with you all soon. Now, off to read.....

hello steph and welcome!!!! ask all the questions you want!!!! :yes::yes:

Stephanie -- There are two previous "Yardie" threads buried someplace on this site.....We talk so much they had to shut us down (so we could start all over) two times already.....and this has really only been in the past year :lol: :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Welcome Steph! I'm also from Northern Cali...

Kim(CA) - what are your plans for Labor Day weekend? We might have a small get together in Oakland (bbq, drinks, etc.) - pm me if you're interested for more details

Congrats Kimone on approval! The boys are adorable

Happy belated birthday Anna

Tamisha congrats on K1 approval :)

Those of you waiting for interviews in Kingston and for AOS - hang in there :thumbs:

To answer the previous questions:

1. I work at a college in the career services department - kinda like a staffing agent/career counselor. I will be leaving my last day of school (Oct 5th - :yes:) so I am currently submitting my resume everywhere now in hopes of interviews for late Sep/early Oct. I graduate Oct 11th, then transfer to finish my bachelors program around November. I'm not making good money right now and have no benefits but the Lord has definitely been taking care of me (L)

2. We want to move, but never considered NC. I plan to do some travelling next year to check out real estate around the east coast - I figure anything is cheaper than what we pay for in the Bay Area (a typical house in my neighborhood starts at $450,000, and that is a three bedroom two bath under 2000 square feet kissteet).

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jonesie- I will PM you later today...in training all day......

Just posted our wedding photos on Yahoo site..........

Welcome Steph- I am also from Northern Cali.........

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Beautiful pics, Kim!!! You have a beautiful family!! And your dress!! :thumbs::thumbs::yes: Smokin!

I am so happy for you! You old married lady! :lol:

Beautiful pics, Kim!!! You have a beautiful family!! And your dress!! :thumbs::thumbs::yes: Smokin!

I am so happy for you! You old married lady! :lol:

And Miss Mindy! I could not find a flying pig emoticon to celebrate you getting your pic up on our Yahoo site! :lol::lol: Very lovely pic of you and your Roy!! Finally! :P

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do I still need to send Squitto pics? I have one I want to post.

:o MINDY POSTED PICS????? :o OMG GOING TO LOOK NOW

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.