Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Timeline

:help: Rohan K1 expried on the 28th of July. We still had not filled in his AOS paperwork. To be honest the $ is what is holding us up. $580 for both AOS and EAD is hard right now :blush: , Is there anyone who had filed almost a month later after the wedding or longer (I plan to file by mid-Aug) and had no problems, What has been your experience. It is a good thing Rohan job pays him cash, but I dont think I should put he is working on the application, because that would be working without authorization...right?? His Ead also expired on the 28th, but he had the job from June. Please help. I am a little worried :(

Seriously...... $580 for the AOS and EAD??? I guess I was looking elsewher cause I thought it was only $380.00.....GREAT!!!!! :help::help:

Also.....how much did everyone pay for the DS2030 to convert over to the new form or did your husband have to take a new medical???? I guess I need to start working more overtime and save, save save......

Hey Kim,

In Maryland...here's our breakdown-

I-131 (AP) - $170

I-485 -Adjust Status - $325

EAD - $180

Biometrics - $70

TOTAL - $745.00 ....plus medical stuff that may need to be done!

Good morning family.

Kelly - I found a doctor's office near your house who only charged us $11 for filing our the medical. I'll give you that information.

Shemonya, that would be excellent. The Howard County Walk-in Clinic is at the end of my apartment complex. I just haven't called around yet to find out prices.

So when I do call around, what do I ask ? If they do ............. sorry for the stupid question, it's just that I truly haven't had the time to dip into all of this....

Thanks !

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Kimone!!

How are you and the little ones feeling today?? :D

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone (L) I'm trying to play catch up, haven't been able to get on here all week.

Julie-You must be sooo excited.......Do you have the babaies room finshed or will he be sleeping in your room for now?

He's going to be in our room until our roommate moves out of our 3rd bedroom. So we have his crib, dresser, and changing table taking over our beroom right now! :yes:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline
This thread was first started on July 16, 2005 by yours truly. :luv:

On my birthday :D

Now let's get familiar, answer these questions:

Name : Julie

SO's Name: Michael

My Significant Other Hails From : Hanover, Jamaica

Where is he now?: In MN with me :luv:

Wedding Date: Original wedding was 11/18/06 and our "real" wedding is in the works right now for 11/18/06 in Negril

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: We have his 2-year green card

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: A friend & I stayed a few months in Negril. Michael worked where we rented our little hut so we got to hang out with him all the time.

Do you have a pic?: We have some of our first wedding on the Yahoo site.

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: I have no idea.

Hi everyone!! I have been in this forum many times, but this is the 1st time that I am actually saying hello to you all!! Everyone here seems to have such a great relationship!!! I hope that I can join in on the conversations and fun sometime!! Have a good day!! :D

Tamisha

Welcome to the board Tamisha (L)

Best wishes to Julie and Michael on their upcoming bundle of joy!!

Edited by Sbys

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Timeline

Doodle - Congrats on finally telling your family - that must be a huge load off your shoulders. I hope your family comes around over time - until they do, just keep on finding happniess in your relationship.

Jax - I am too late to tell you goodbye! If you check from JA, I hope you have a beautiful wedding day and a wonderful trip :luv:

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well ladies glad to hear everything is going GREAT!!!

Julie only a couple more days till your likke bundle on joy!!!! :D

as for me...well i am going to back off for a while until things start rolling again...i have been in a REAL emotional funk for the last month or so...and i just can't deal with living and breathing day by day to see if other people have gotten there rfe approvals and everything else...

so everyone take care!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Stoping to say hi everyone is asleep and the boys just got back to the villa so I better get off this computer. I have internet for the whole week so I will be checkin One Luv

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:help: Rohan K1 expried on the 28th of July. We still had not filled in his AOS paperwork. To be honest the $ is what is holding us up. $580 for both AOS and EAD is hard right now :blush: , Is there anyone who had filed almost a month later after the wedding or longer (I plan to file by mid-Aug) and had no problems, What has been your experience. It is a good thing Rohan job pays him cash, but I dont think I should put he is working on the application, because that would be working without authorization...right?? His Ead also expired on the 28th, but he had the job from June. Please help. I am a little worried :(

Seriously...... $580 for the AOS and EAD??? I guess I was looking elsewher cause I thought it was only $380.00.....GREAT!!!!! :help::help:

Also.....how much did everyone pay for the DS2030 to convert over to the new form or did your husband have to take a new medical???? I guess I need to start working more overtime and save, save save......

Hey Kim,

I-131 (AP) - $170

EAD - $180

Biometrics - $70

Thanks Kelly...looks like we will be foregoing the AP......just too much damn money!!!!!! :yes::yes:

Happy Friday :dance: :dance:

Also.....how much did everyone pay for the DS2030 to convert over to the new form or did your husband have to take a new medical????

Kim - Start working on this now. Go to the USCIS website and pull up the list of "Civil Surgeons" in your area. Call all of them until you find someone who.....1) won't make you do the physical over again (it's not necessary -- it's good for one year), 2) actually know what you are talking about, and 3) won't try to make you pay hundreds of dollars for a doctor to just sign a piece of paper.

I found a doctor who charged us $100.00 only to sign a piece of paper and put it in an evelope and seal it. Because of some of the "horror" stories I heard of -- $100.00 was a good price to pay to get the right form. BUT, Roy did not need any shots....this guy actually took our hundred bucks to make a few check marks and sign his name. This is a HUGE money making opportunity for these people......

Jamie had found a doctor that would do it for you for only $35.00 -- unfortunatly, that doctor went out of business.

If I was you, I would search VJ to see what experiences people have been having lately (we did this back in February). You'll either find info in the AOS or EAD Forum.

Thanks Mindy.....Jonesie sent me some really helpful advice also...You guys are sooo great...what would I do without you????....

Hey Kim,

I-131 (AP) - $170

EAD - $180

Biometrics - $70

Good morning family.

Kelly - I found a doctor's office near your house who only charged us $11 for filing our the medical. I'll give you that information.

Shemonya...I wonder if they would do it via fax........can I get the name and number from you too!!!!!

Hi Everyone (L) I'm trying to play catch up, haven't been able to get on here all week.

Julie-You must be sooo excited.......Do you have the babaies room finshed or will he be sleeping in your room for now?

He's going to be in our room until our roommate moves out of our 3rd bedroom. So we have his crib, dresser, and changing table taking over our beroom right now! :yes:

That is exactly what I did when my son was born....I wanted him close by just to check on him throughout the night........I am soooo excited for you...soon come...soon come!!!!

((((( SHAUNA......AKA NANNYGIRL....))))))

I am sending you a BIG HUG!!! Girl....please do not back off from VJ......We are here to support you and help you through the pain, heartache, sadness and frustration of this FLUUUCKING Visa headache.....

For you...the process has been just miserable.....I can't imagine the exitement of having your interview scheduled only to have the painful heartache of having it cancelled in the same month.....then...not hearing from USCIS and having to go back to the original waiting period....... we are here to give you the moral and emotional support you need!!!!! (F)(F)(F) My Girl...please let us know how we can help...other than going and making USCIS process your darn RFE!!!! Seriously though......it will be coming soon..I feel it!!!!! HANG tough girlfriend!!!

<<<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline
as for me...well i am going to back off for a while until things start rolling again...i have been in a REAL emotional funk for the last month or so...and i just can't deal with living and breathing day by day to see if other people have gotten there rfe approvals and everything else...

so everyone take care!

Shauna, I know it is really discouraging for you especially since you got so far in the process only to have to have to whole process halted. Your feelings are understandable. Sometimes though it's better not to isolate yourself when you're feeling blue; and you know that we're here to support you. It may sound trite if all we have to offer is "hang in there" but we really do wish the best for you and hope for a speedy resolution. If you feel that it's necessary to stay away please know that my thoughts are with you.

Stoping to say hi everyone is asleep and the boys just got back to the villa so I better get off this computer. I have internet for the whole week so I will be checkin One Luv

Jax

Hey Jax,

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves and BEST WISHES ON MONDAY (L)(L) !!!

Michele

Timeline

Hey Jax....Have a great wedding......Try to stay cool too ...it must be blazing hot!!!!

Yes Miss Shauna.........Michele gave you some great advice...try not to isolate...we are all here for you.....and I will say a big prayer for you tonight......I told Duane what is going on and he said he is going to call you later and try to cheer you up my girl......!!! :D:D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...ME...No!!! I am working overtime all weekend....... :crying::crying:

Edited by kimlbs

PART 2 BEGINS

Filed: Timeline

It's such a beautiful morning here in CT. I am finally feeling at home in my new place now that it's finally starting to look like a home and not a warehouse :hehe:. I'm going to sit on my deck with a cup of coffee, read the paper and enjoy the cool breeze :luv:

BTW Tristan is doing so much better. He is living in a safer place, has met up with a childhood friend, and is therefore not too lonely, and has a job that he enjoys. Things are actually looking up for him and I hope it stays that way while he's in JA.

Good morning (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's such a beautiful morning here in CT. I am finally feeling at home in my new place now that it's finally starting to look like a home and not a warehouse :hehe:. I'm going to sit on my deck with a cup of coffee, read the paper and enjoy the cool breeze :luv:

BTW Tristan is doing so much better. He is living in a safer place, has met up with a childhood friend, and is therefore not too lonely, and has a job that he enjoys. Things are actually looking up for him and I hope it stays that way while he's in JA.

Good morning (F)

Good morning family.

Great news about Tristan.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Kim,

I-131 (AP) - $170

EAD - $180

Biometrics - $70

Good morning family.

Shemonya, that would be excellent. The Howard County Walk-in Clinic is at the end of my apartment complex. I just haven't called around yet to find out prices.

So when I do call around, what do I ask ? If they do ............. sorry for the stupid question, it's just that I truly haven't had the time to dip into all of this....

Thanks !

Kelly and Kim - this is where got Damien's I-693 supplemental sheet signed for $11. They knew exactly what we were talking about when I called then we just walked in. Hopefully things haven't changed within the last year. Good luck.

Dr. Ajai Sandhir, Concentra-Jessup

7377 Washington Boulevard, Suite 103-104

Elkridge, MD 21075

Tel: (410)379-3051

Timeline

Thanks Shemonya!!

Great news about Tristan...your place sounds so nice and relaxing Michele...(I am soo jeoulous :yes: )

Okay...so we had our first bad night last night!!! I went to bed early cause I had to be up early to go to work today. Duane was up watching movies and he started to think about his kids.....he woke me up at 1:30am in the morning and I could tell that he was not doing okay....... HE MISSED HIS KIDS...BAD!!! :( I tried to console him but what could I really say that helped!! Finally, at 2:00am, he picked up the phone and called them......so it was 4:00am in JA....surprisingly........both ex's (babies momma's) acted cool and woke the kids up without any problem..... (they must have heard the pain in his voice too) .....he talked to each of the kids for a bit...then he pulled out the photo albums and thumbed through them for about 1/2 hour.....I just hugged him and kept telling him that we would be going back to JA soon....I felt horrible and really did not know how to handle it......he was really close to his kids back in JA and he said he has never gone this long without seeing them before.....he said that he does not know if he could do this!!!!! :cry::cry:

The kids will be coming to stay with us next summer and we are going back to JA in April 2007 but that is a long time off.

He finally got to sleep...I held him until he fell asleep but..I am at work now and I need advice!!! Have any of you experienced this before?????.....I remember reading that Dee and Dave had similar issues with his daughter.....What can/should I do???? I am a mommy so I completely understand his pain but I do not know what else to do!!! IDEAS????

PART 2 BEGINS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have either not been on or just reading and not posting. Two things have been happening with me but I'm back now. I now have two jobs which makes me wonder what was the point of retiring and Trevor is changing his mind about coming here, he wants me to move there. No matter how many ways I explain to him that it will be almost impossible for me to do that, he still ask everytime we talk. So I have been very depressed about this as well as the fact of having to work 2 almost fulltime jobs. I do have some good news though. Both of the I129F and I130 were aprroved. But I guess it doesn't matter if he does not want to be here. Well anyway, I am going to go catch up.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.