Jeff54321

Interview lacking police clearance document

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My Fiance is in the situation where she will need to have a Police Clearance from another country because she's lived there over 6 months.

That is no problem; we have the application submitted and just awaiting for the processing to be completed and mailed, but due to the available dates of the interview, we scheduled an earlier interview date of November 19th. If the Police Clearance arrives as expected, she'll receive the document within a few days to spare of the interview cancelation/reshedule date.

In case the document does not arrive on time, is it necessary to reschedule the interview? Is it possible to have the interview and just not process the visa until the document arrives at the embassy? What would you do in my situation if the document doesn't arrive on time?

Edited by Jeff54321

My Fiance is in the situation where she will need to have a Police Clearance from another country because she's lived there over 6 months.

That is no problem; we have the application submitted and just awaiting for the processing to be completed and mailed, but due to the available dates of the interview, we scheduled an earlier interview date of November 19th. If the Police Clearance arrives as expected, she'll receive the document within a few days to spare of the interview cancelation/reshedule date.

In case the document does not arrive on time, is it necessary to reschedule the interview? Is it possible to have the interview and just not process the visa until the document arrives at the embassy? What would you do in my situation if the document doesn't arrive on time?

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in the same situation. I have to wait 2-4 months for a police clearance from Japan, but I'm wondering what will happen if my interview happens before the document gets here. I've heard in other places that you can still do the interview, but will not get the visa right away because you're application will be 'pending police clearance'.

Does anyone know if this is right? (Hope so!)

cheers.

Attend your interview if the police clearance doesn't come in time. They will ask that you send them the document when it does come in, and then will process your visa. Don't however expect it to be issued the next day or anything. In Canada anyway, when things are turned in afterward, sometimes it takes weeks for them to issue the visa. They may ask that you leave the passport with them, or ask that you send it in with the required document.

carlahmsb4.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

**UPDATE**

She didn't get her Police Clearance in time, but it has been mailed and has been stuck at the Manila Post Office for a week now. We're going to do the interview anyway and will keep you posted on the results. She has it Thursday, November 19th. It's hard not to be nervous :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

My Fiancee and I are in a similar situation, she had her interview on 20 Oct. and we were without a police clearance from one of the countries she lived in, but unfortunately, I can't help you with any advice yet. After a mistake by the embassy, she was sent home the first day, then put into AP for 6 days after her 2nd time and now her work is preventing her from going back to get a final decision. I am sorry I can't help you, but I wish you the best! Oh Wow! Yours was today! Please let us know how it went, OK? Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.