StarA

Please, for the Love of God HELP (F1 to residence)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, just have couple of fast LAST questions, last ones we´re finally done with everything thanx to u guys =).

im sending in ALL FORMS at the same time in one package, now, I put an original marriage certificate along with the form I-130.

The i-485 though, not sure the checklist says to have ANOTHER marriage certificate

with this form. Is that so ? I mean they will see the original marriage certificate

in the SAME package but with the i-130 folder.

2. Why are there so many copies of G-325a forms? according to the checklist, i have to have eight g325a and another eight g325a for my wife (thats 14 papers looking exactly like the last 2)

3. In the checklist it doesn't say anything about sending in:

* I-20

* Driver-license copies

Should I send these anyway?

4. Should I include a CD-ROM with around 100 pictures of us

in the package? :/

Thank you!!!!

--==--==--==--

note: I am a f-1 student legally in california, my wife: us citizen

ps: these are all the forms we are sending (at the same time):

* G325-a (each of us)

* i-130

* i-131

* i-485

* i-765

* i-864

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, just have couple of fast LAST questions, last ones we´re finally done with everything thanx to u guys =).

im sending in ALL FORMS at the same time in one package, now, I put an original marriage certificate along with the form I-130.

The i-485 though, not sure the checklist says to have ANOTHER marriage certificate

with this form. Is that so ? I mean they will see the original marriage certificate

Just make a photocopy of the original marriage certificate and attach it to the I-485. When they ask for something, always give it to them, even if they will have a copy of it attached to a different form. Each form is a unique separate entity and therefore needs its own separate attachments.

2. Why are there so many copies of G-325a forms? according to the checklist, i have to have eight g325a and another eight g325a for my wife (thats 14 papers looking exactly like the last 2)

Apparently they've now changed the requirements for the G-325a form, and don't need so many copies. However, I don't know the exact requirements about this so you should do some more research. In my case, I knew they'd changed the rules, but I sent in a zillion copies of the G-325a just to be on the safe side - and, besides, by the time I'd learned about the rule change, we'd filled out all of those bloody G-325a's anyway. If you decide to do this, too, are you sure that your wife needs 8 G-325a's? I know that I, the applicant did (for both I-485 and I-130) but I'm pretty sure that the petitioner only needs 4 (for the I-130). I'm looking right now at the photcopy I made of my application, and I only sent 4 G-335a's for the petitioner.

* I-20

* Driver-license copies

Yes! Even though it didn't say so, I sent them photocopies of everything I could get my hands on. It's better to send too much than to risk getting an RFE. I sent copies of both of our driver's licences (well, my State ID, as I don't have a driver's licence yet) to prove that we both lived at the same address.

Hmmm, if I was an immigration officer, I'd be too goddamn lazy to stick a CD-Rom in the computer to look at your pictures. Also, how does that person know that your CD-Rom doesn't have a virus on it? I think it would be better to send in some actual hard copies of pictures. I don't think you necessarily have to do that at the filing stage, however. Pictures would be better to bring to the actual interview. I certainly didn't include any pictures with my application. I was more interested in providing proof of co-mingling of our finances, and showing that we live at the same address.

* G325-a (each of us)

* i-130

* i-131

* i-485

* i-765

* i-864

What about form I-693, the medical. You're including that too, right?

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AUGUST 10 2004 - Arrived in Austin, TX with F-1 student visa status.

EARLY JAN/FEB 2008 - Met Michael (my future husband) in the café where he works.

APRIL 12 2008 - We go on our first date. It lasted 2 days!

APRIL 13 2009 - Got married in Marfa, TX, in the middle of the West Texan desert.

NOVEMBER 4 2009 - Finally saved up enough money to send off I-130; I-485; I-131; I-765.

NOVEMBER 5 2009 - Package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox at 9:32 a.m! Signed for by A. Analakis. [DAY 1]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - Cheques for I-485 and I-130 are finally cashed! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - I-485, I-130, I-1765 & I-131 are all "touched"! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 13 2009 - Received NOA's for I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 (Notice date - November 10th 2009).[DAY 9]

NOVEMBER 16 2009 - All forms were "touched" again. [DAY 12]

NOVEMBER 23 2009 - Received biometrics appointment letter (scheduled for December 14th 2009) [DAY 19]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - Walk-in biometrics appointment in Austin ASC [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 25 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 21]

DECEMBER 28 2009 - Received AP approval letter, dated December 23. Received a text & email, too [DAY 54]

DECEMBER 29 2009 - Received email & text, saying EAD is approved; card production ordered. [DAY 55]

DECEMBER 31 2009 - Received AP document. [DAY 57]

JANUARY 2 2010 - Received EAD & interview letter (interview will be 02/16/10, San Antonio). [DAY 59]

FEBRUARY 16 2010 - Approved at interview! I-551 stamp in passport. [DAY 104]

* I-20

* Driver-license copies

Thank you!!!!

--==--==--==--

* G325-a (each of us)

* i-130

* i-131

* i-485

* i-765

* i-864

Hey StarA,

The new G-325A form doesn't require so many copies - I guess they are now making the copies themselves! I don't think it matters either way... But I sent for the I-130 1 copy for my husband (petioner) and 1 for me (beneficiary.) Then

for the I-485 I sent 1 copy for me. So far so good (touch wood!)

I sent a copy of the marriage cert with the I-485, I-130 & then as i'm a girl and to explain the name change I also included copies with the I-765 & I-131. I don't know if that's necessary but i wanted to make everything as easy as possible for them. :star:

I read that since i'd been in the US over a year they didn't need my visa, but i sent it to them anyway along with I-94's etc... I didn't have an I-20 as I was on a work visa, but had I had one I would have sent it. I didn't send in our Driver licenses but that was only because I hadn't changed my address at the time...

What do you have as proof of bonafide marriage other than photos for the I-130? We sent the joint financial stuff, plus affidavits from friends and family then 10 photos - where we wrote month year and location on the back.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2012 N-400 mailed

Nov 7, 2012 N-400 delivered to Phoenix lockbox, signed by Arndt & case priority date

Nov 9, 2012 Case Touched, NOA date

Nov 13, 2012 Got text/e-mail with case number & the check was cashed :)

Nov 14, 2012 Case updated online to say biometrics apt. notice is on its way!

Nov 16, 2012 Received NOA & biometrics apt. letter

Nov 28, 2012 Biometrics apt.

Jan 4, 2013 In line for interview!

Jan 5, 2013 Scheduled for interview!

Jan 10, 2013 Received interview letter

Jan 19, 2013 Received yellow letter dated 1/16 asking me to bring more passport pics to the interview

Feb 11, 2013 Interview

Mar 8, 2013 Got an online update - oath scheduled!

Mar 13, 2013 Oath letter received

Mar 22, 2013 Oath! Officially an American citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

im sending in ALL FORMS at the same time in one package,

now, I put an original marriage certificate along with the form I-130.

Send in one more copy of marriage certificate with 485. Also read how to arrange your packet with cover letter. Lot of people on VJ including me can help you with arranging your packet.

Why are there so many copies of G-325a forms? according to the checklist, i have

to have eight g325a and another eight g325a for my wife (thats 14 papers looking

exactly like the last 2)

You Fill one set of G-325a form (4 pages) for yourself and one set for your wife. G-325a (4 pages) when you fill the pdf version on computer it automatically replicates all the information, you and your wife have to sign all the pages though. You need to send only one set for you and one set for your wife with your application packet, no need to send separate for 130 and 485.

n the checklist it doesn't say anything about sending in:

* I-20

* Driver-license copies

You must send your I-20 copy, as that is the document stating your legal stay and legal entry in United States, You do not need to send in driver license copies.

=============

Make sure you arrange your packet with a cover letter explaining what is included in the packet an example is here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Submission: Concurrent Filing I-130, I-485 and I-765

Date:xx/xx/xxxx

Petitioner (U.S. Citizen) : Your wife name

Beneficiary (Alien Spouse) : Your name

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (if sending by FedEx)

Attn: FBAS 131

South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of the Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 and supporting documents.

Contents of packet include:

1. Application Fee of US $355.00 for I-130

2. Application Fee of US $1,010.00 for I-485

3. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative and supporting documents as listed below:

a. Copy of US citizenship certificate.

b. Copy of un-expired US passport (all pages).

c. Copy of Marriage Certificate.

d. Copy of Lease Agreements for our current Address and previous Address.

e. Copy of Bank verification letter as proof of co-mingling of financial resources.

f. 1 Photo of wife and 1 photo of you

g. 1 set of G-325A forms for wife, 1 set of G-325A forms for you

4. Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status and supporting documents as listed below:

a. Copy of Birth Certificate.

b. Copy of Passport of you(all pages)

c. 2 photos of you

d. Form I-693, Report of Medical examination and vaccination record.

e. I-864, Affidavit of Support and supporting documents

5. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and supporting documents as listed below:

a. Copy of immigration docs I-20 etc

b. Copy of original I-94 (front and back) issued at POE Airport.

c. 2 Photos of you

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

________________________________________________________________________________

_____

(your wife) (you) (Date)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck

rahul

Timeline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturalization N400...

01/16/2015 --- Package Sent

02/18/2015 --- Fingerprints done

=====================================================

Filed: Timeline

My case sounds like yours, this is what I included:

For I-130

1. Filing Fee: Check in the amount of $355.00

2. Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative filed by the US Citizen petitioner on behalf beneficiary.

3. Documents establishing petitioner’s US citizenship

a. Passport copy (only one or the other is required, but we included both)

b. Birth Certificate

4. Marriage certificate

5. G-325A for (Petitioner)

6. Passport-style color photo of Petitioner

7. G-325A for Beneficiary

8. Passport-style color photo of Beneficiary

9. Evidence of bona fide marriage

a. Joint bank account statement and voided check

b. Joint utility account

c. Joint auto policy bill – Allstate insurance

d. Copies of our driver’s licenses – showing same residential addresses

e. Photographs

I-485

1. Application & Biometric Fees: Check in the amount of $1 010.00

2. Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

3. Birth Certificate of Applicant

a. Birth certificate with official translation

I have dual nationalities, so I included both country's birth certificates and further I.D. docs/passport copies I thought they might ask for. so this might not apply to you

5. Passport copy

6. Copy of Passport Page with F1 Student Visa

7. Passport-style color photographs (2)

8. Form G-325A Biographic Information Sheet

9. Form I-864 Affidavit of Support

a. Federal Income Tax Return for 2008

b. W2’s and 1099

10. I-693 Medical examination report – in sealed envelope from Civil Surgeon

YES, USCIS will not do you the favor of copying the documents they need, so include all the copies they ask for, remember for each different form you're applying for a different thing, so each form might be handled by a different person? they might send your whole packet back if you don't include the documents as they ask for it for each different form. I would not include a CD-Rom, but if you want to send pics, maybe make a collage of pictures on a page or two and print it out, that's what I did....

ok guys HERE is the package im going to send tomorrow, 3 folders...PLZ tell me if there´s something wrong:

Folder 1:

Additional Documents:

1. Check 1365 dollar

2. Copy of my I-20

3. COLOR copies of some pages of my passport, the passport pic, the visa page, i-94 front AND back

Folder 2:

1. I-130:

2. Passport copies of my wife (Us citizen)

3. Naturalization proof of (US citizen)

4. Birth certificate and Family Relation Register of ME

5. Passport copies (visa photo + i94) of ME

6. G-325A form of of us citizen (4 copies) + Photo

7. G-325A form of me (4 copies) + Photo

8. Statement of Joint Bank Account

9. Marriage Certificate

10. Statement of sharing Credit cards: American Express and MasterCard Visa

11. Pictures of us (& family)

12. Driver license copies of me and wife

13. Statement of me being on Gas & Water Utility (Gas, water, trash etc)

14. Affidavits from friends

Folder 3:

1. I-485:

2. Passport copies (visa photo + i94) of ME

3. Birth certificate and Family Relation Register of ME

4. I-864 Form

5. Check stubs of wife [us citizen]

6. W2's and Federal Income Tax return 2006-2008 of wife [us citizen]

7. I-131 Form + Photo

8. G-325A form of ME (4 copies) + Photo

9. I-693 Form Envelope

10. Driver license copies of ME and wife [us citizen]

11. I-765 Form for ME + Photo

12. Marriage Certificate

Ok...THese are EXACT what I have, nothing else. for example I-765, i dont know if it requires more than just photo. or if 131 need more than just photo.

thats what im afraid of. i been reading pdf instructions of all forms but...gah soo confusing :/

sorry guys forgot the amount of photo's and one another thing so here is the Correct package:

Folder 1:

Additional Documents:

1. Check 1365 dollar (ONE CHECK)

2. Copy of my I-20

3. COLOR copies of some pages of my passport, the passport pic, the visa page, i-94 front AND back

Folder 2:

1. I-130:

2. Passport copies of my wife (Us citizen)

3. Naturalization proof of (US citizen)

4. Birth certificate and Family Relation Register of ME

5. Passport copies (visa photo + i94) of ME

6. G-325A form of of us citizen (4 copies) + 2 Photo of ME

7. G-325A form of me (4 copies) + 2 Photo of HER

8. Statement of Joint Bank Account

9. Marriage Certificate

10. Statement of sharing Credit cards: American Express and MasterCard Visa

11. Pictures of us (& family)

12. Driver license copies of me and wife

13. Statement of me being on Gas & Water Utility (Gas, water, trash etc)

14. Affidavits from friends

Folder 3:

1. I-485:

2. Passport copies (visa photo + i94) of ME

3. Birth certificate and Family Relation Register of ME

4. I-864 Form

5. Check stubs of wife [us citizen]

6. W2's and Federal Income Tax return 2006-2008 of wife [us citizen]

7. I-131 Form + 2 Photo of ME

8. G-325A form of ME (4 copies) + 1 Photo of ME

9. I-693 Form Envelope

10. Driver license copies of ME and wife [us citizen]

11. I-765 Form for ME + 2 Photo of ME

12. Marriage Certificate

Hi, I'm studying for an exam right now so will have to go through your list later to help you out anymore... But so far I can advise the following: I would suggest making four packs of documents, Seperately each for the I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131, add a cover page infront of each stack and attach seperate checks for I-130 and I-485 Paper clip each pack seperately. Put them all in one envelope with I-130 at the top of the stack.

The cover pages are not required, but it does help with your own list-checking and organisation and would help the person checking your paperwork to immediately see if something is missing, just seems a bit more professional but mostly it helped us a lot with making sure everything was there. Here's a copy of my cover page for I-130 and I-765. We fedex'd the packet to the address as per the I-130 instructions, but if you're sending it regular mail send it to the mailing address mentioned on I-130 for your state. Also, try to send personal checks as they are easier to track and sometimes you can find your reference numbers printed on the back of the checks once they cleared and you can log in to your case on the USCIS website.

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

U.S. Department Of Homeland Security

U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services

ATTENTION: AOS

131 SOUTH DEARBORN – 3rd FLOOR

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I-131 Application for Advanced Parole – concurrently filing with I-485

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please find the application for an Advance Parole Travel document for myself, YOUR NAME and all other required documents as follows:

1. Form I-131

2. Official Photo Identification Document: Florida issued driver’s license

3. Documentation issued by USCIS showing present status (F-1) in the United States:

a. Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student

b. Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card

4. Explanation letter warranting issuance of an Advance Parole Document

5. Two Passport-style photographs

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents.

Please approve the above mentioned application. If you have any questions or need additional information concerning the above, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Truly yours,

YOUR SIGNATURE

YOUR NAME

U.S. Department Of Homeland Security

U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services

ATTENTION: AOS

131 SOUTH DEARBORN – 3rd FLOOR

Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Application for Employment Authorization – Original, concurrently filing with I-485

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please find the application for Employment Authorization for myself, YOUR NAME and all other required documents as follows:

1. Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

2. Copy of Form I-94 Arrival and Departure Record (front and back)

3. Copies of Federal Government issued-identity documents

a. Copy of F1 visa issued by foreign consulate

b. Florida Driver’s License

4. Two Passport-style photos of YOU

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents.

Please approve the above mentioned application. If you have any questions or need additional information concerning the above, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Truly yours,

YOUR SIGNATURE

YOUR NAME

sorry guys forgot the amount of photo's and one another thing so here is the Correct package:

Folder 1:

Additional Documents:

1. Check 1365 dollar (ONE CHECK)

You have to include two cheques....One for $1010 (for I-485 and biometrics); the other one, $355, for the I-130. I think if you only send one cheque your application will get rejected.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AUGUST 10 2004 - Arrived in Austin, TX with F-1 student visa status.

EARLY JAN/FEB 2008 - Met Michael (my future husband) in the café where he works.

APRIL 12 2008 - We go on our first date. It lasted 2 days!

APRIL 13 2009 - Got married in Marfa, TX, in the middle of the West Texan desert.

NOVEMBER 4 2009 - Finally saved up enough money to send off I-130; I-485; I-131; I-765.

NOVEMBER 5 2009 - Package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox at 9:32 a.m! Signed for by A. Analakis. [DAY 1]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - Cheques for I-485 and I-130 are finally cashed! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - I-485, I-130, I-1765 & I-131 are all "touched"! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 13 2009 - Received NOA's for I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 (Notice date - November 10th 2009).[DAY 9]

NOVEMBER 16 2009 - All forms were "touched" again. [DAY 12]

NOVEMBER 23 2009 - Received biometrics appointment letter (scheduled for December 14th 2009) [DAY 19]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - Walk-in biometrics appointment in Austin ASC [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 25 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 21]

DECEMBER 28 2009 - Received AP approval letter, dated December 23. Received a text & email, too [DAY 54]

DECEMBER 29 2009 - Received email & text, saying EAD is approved; card production ordered. [DAY 55]

DECEMBER 31 2009 - Received AP document. [DAY 57]

JANUARY 2 2010 - Received EAD & interview letter (interview will be 02/16/10, San Antonio). [DAY 59]

FEBRUARY 16 2010 - Approved at interview! I-551 stamp in passport. [DAY 104]

• 2 weeks later...

heh thank god for the SEPARATE-checks advise. I had one big check ready to send and all.

Package sent now though..assume it takes longer if your here on a f-1 visa, heh and being persian wont Prooobably not make my case go faster hehe

anyway..I saw they have a thing on USCIS homepage, where u can see the status of your application, u need a number though...

How in the heck do u get that? they receive the package 4 dec and they cashed the checks today (11 dec).

kinda paranoid something´s wrong and heard they will keep the money no matter what. Havent received anything no mail or e-mail from them.

And 2,

See people writing "i-485 touched", what does that mean and how does that work?

Once again thank you so much all of you for previous answers!

Congrats on sending your AOS application! Please fill in your signature with all the dates and info, it helps everyone!

You will receive "Notice of Actions" for each application you sent, in the mail shortly.

The reference number is on there to check your case on the website - or if you're lucky printed on the back of your cashed checks if you can see that.

The "touches" you see once you're able to log onto the website with your reference numbers, every time the "last updated" date changes, it's called a "touch" meaning someone took a look at your file.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, first of all thanx for all your advise. Think I have put my self in big trouble.

I sent in all applications, my birthdate is 5 september. But my REAL birthdate is 27 october (same year though).

My parents changed it when we moved from iran (so that I could start school earlier).

Now in the application I sent in a Extract Of the popular Register(original stamped and translated by the goverment of Sweden),

showing the 5 september, my parents name etc, PLUS my birth place.

I also sent in copies of my passport, showing my birthdate AND birth place.

They also have record of my papers when I moved to USA showing the SAME Thing..

STILL........they put a stop on my application cause they need a Birth certificate (Shenasnameh. And my parents name on it, and birthplace.

But on that one it says 28 october, so im screwed. It says the Department of National registration and statistics can get my original bith certificate but I cant use that cause it will still show 28 october, and not 5 september. So I cant say I dont have any birth certificate, cause they will say the Department registration can get it for u.

Only thing i HAVE that I CAN use is my mothers passport, where on one page it shows her children name and where we were born and ONLY what YEAR we were born. But it doesnt say 5 september, and my fathers name is not on it.

What should I do ? Should I just be honest? what are the consequences of that u think? :/

CAnt belive it I mean my passport, and paper from the Goverment of sweden showing EXACTLY what they ask for still their givin me a hard time............

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm really sorry Star that you are going through all of this. I don't know what the "right" advice to give you is. If I were in that position, I'd want to see if I could get an appointment to talk to someone and/or write a letter explaining the discrepancies between the different birth dates. You mentioned October 27th, 28th, and a September 5th. Maybe even get your mother/father to write a notarized letter explaining the situation about how they changed the dates for you to start school earlier?

I'm honestly sorry that you are having issues with your application because of something your parents did when you were little. If you're able to, I'd also consult a lawyer about this situation because it seems to be so specific. Hopefully some of the other VJers will have advice for you and you are able to resolve this. Good luck!

laura

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.