gabenwyrk

Need to send documents after NOA2?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I just got my NOA2 on Oct 25th (Woohoo!! :dance: ) and I had a question about sending the additional documents (copy of I-129F, I-134, original documentation, etc) for my fiance. From what I gather all the documents are for the interview. So if I am planning on attending the interview, is it necessary to send it down beforehand?

Thanks,

Gabriel

I just got my NOA2 on Oct 25th (Woohoo!! :dance: ) and I had a question about sending the additional documents (copy of I-129F, I-134, original documentation, etc) for my fiance. From what I gather all the documents are for the interview. So if I am planning on attending the interview, is it necessary to send it down beforehand?

Thanks,

Gabriel

yes, all documents ae to be presented at the interview including all forms DS, FS and support information. I would sent all the documents in advance. Is better for her to have beforehands in the event of last minute changes.

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks,

Gabriel

Are you positive you're allowed to be there during the interview? Not all Embassys will let you participate unless there's a reason for it.

Thanks,

Gabriel

yes, all documents ae to be presented at the interview including all forms DS, FS and support information. I would sent all the documents in advance. Is better for her to have beforehands in the event of last minute changes.

Yes, the documents are needed at the interview of course but if I was going to the intervirew (and I did go to my fiancee's interview) I certainly would not send them ahead of time. Safer to carry them with you when you travel abroad. Whether you are allowed into the actual interview is irrelevant. Just bring the documents with you.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks,

Gabriel

Safer to hand-carry!

Also, this seems like a no-brainer, but be sure to make a complete copy of everything before your fiancee goes to her interview, ESPECIALLY that NOA2!! You will need the NOA2 when your fiancee adjusts status. I used to be less thorough and more selective in making copies since I hate to waste paper, but after that one important paper slipped through the cracks I now make complete duplicates of everything.

Thanks,

Gabriel

Are you positive you're allowed to be there during the interview? Not all Embassys will let you participate unless there's a reason for it.

Aren't you [fiancé(e)] enough reason?

Nonetheless, it will be up to the consul to keep you in the same room or even interview you separate. Until now, I have not heard of an embassy not allowing the petitioner to be or participate in the interview.. If different, will be new to me.. But, I am [as a fiance] enough reason to be at the interview, and I have all the right to be there. It is necessary for the petitioner to be there? No, but it is a big support and proof.

vp

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Thanks,

Gabriel

DR Consulates allow the petitioner to be in the interview. :thumbs:

Thanks,

Gabriel

Yes, the documents are needed at the interview of course but if I was going to the intervirew (and I did go to my fiancee's interview) I certainly would not send them ahead of time. Safer to carry them with you when you travel abroad. Whether you are allowed into the actual interview is irrelevant. Just bring the documents with you.

it i were you... i would definitely hard carry these documents... i would also keep it in my sight the whole time and i would definitely guard it with my life... :thumbs:

Edited by LeoLaLit

Our K-1 Visa Journey

2009-10-21 : I-129F Sent

2009-10-23 : I-129F NOA1

2010-01-19 : RFE Hard Copy Received

2010-01-22 : RFE Reply Received by CSC

2010-01-29 : I-129F NOA2

2010-02-04 : NVC Received

2010-02-09 : NVC Left

2010-02-12 : Consulate Received (per DHL website)

2010-02-21 : Interview Scheduled for March 15

2010-02-22 : Packet Received From USEM (Eligibility to Schedule an Interview)

2010-03-02 : Medical Exam

2010-03-15 : Interview APPROVED

2010-03-17 : Visa Picked-up at the USEM

2010-03-19 : CFO Seminar

2010-03-24 : POE - LAX

2010-04-08 : Applied for SSN

2010-04-16 : SSN Received

2010-06-08 : Married

Our AOS Journey

2010-07-09 : AOS Package Sent

2010-07-16 : NOA1 (I-485, I-765 and I-131)

2010-07-26 : Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

2010-08-05 : Biometrics Completed

2010-08-12 : Interview Appointment Letter Received

2010-09-03 : I-512L, Authorization for Parole Received

2010-09-08 : EAD Card Received

2010-09-15 : AOS Interview APPROVED

2010-09-25 : GC Received

Our ROC Journey

2012-07-06 : ROC Package Sent

2012-07-09 : I-751 NOA1

2012-07-18 : Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/7)

2012-07-25 : Rescheduled Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/20)

2012-08-20 : Biometrics Completed

2013-03-01 : APPROVED

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Thanks,

Gabriel

DR Consulates allow the petitioner to be in the interview. :thumbs:

Actually from what I've read that not being there for the interview in the DR is a death sentence for getting visa. A little off topic, I just got the letter from the NVC that my visa has been received and is going to be sent to Santo Domingo. How do I find out when it has been received by the consulate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.