ScottThuy

Cant rush the system

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got out of AP at NVC on the 23rd... HCMC got the electronic version of the file on 10/24... The DHL system shows a package left on the 23rd and was signed for on the 26th.. as of today Nov 1, I was told by the consulate that they do not have the physical folder and are refusing to accept the completed DS230 and DS 2001...

"Thank you for your inquiry. Please be informed that we received the electronic file for the beneficiary on October 24. It usually takes one to two weeks for us to receive the physical file. However, it takes approximately 8 weeks for us to process the case and update the information in our system due to the large volume of visa petitions we receive monthly. We will send an Instruction Package (packet 3) to the beneficiary at the earliest opportunity.

At this stage of the process, we are unable to take any actions for this case (such as update DS-230 part 1). We only take actions for the beneficiary’s case after we officially receive the physical file."

OK given what we all know here based on how long it takes fellow filers to get from one step to the other.. I understand where the 8 weeks comes from.. 8 weeks from the time they get the pt 3 response until interview date.. and the 1-2 weeks is how long it can take to get pkt 3...

Amazing.. as soon as I knew they had the file I sent the forms and now I am at the point that I know they have the file, they deny it and refuse to accept the forms.. I know how long it takes for the pkt 3 to get delivered.. Jim knows first hand... I can only wonder what I should do to get the forms submitted.. wait weeks for the pkt 3 or resend later this week?

What is required to get the physical done? We will be scheduling a physical for the time I am there.. hopefully on Monday 11/30... or Tuesday 12/1... what if she does not have pkt 3 by then? Do we have to take pkt 3 with us to the medical?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

According to the packet 4 instructions, you need to bring your interview appointment letter to the medical exam.

We're still waiting for the packet 4 to arrive. :angry:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

I got out of AP at NVC on the 23rd... HCMC got the electronic version of the file on 10/24... The DHL system shows a package left on the 23rd and was signed for on the 26th.. as of today Nov 1, I was told by the consulate that they do not have the physical folder and are refusing to accept the completed DS230 and DS 2001...

"Thank you for your inquiry. Please be informed that we received the electronic file for the beneficiary on October 24. It usually takes one to two weeks for us to receive the physical file. However, it takes approximately 8 weeks for us to process the case and update the information in our system due to the large volume of visa petitions we receive monthly. We will send an Instruction Package (packet 3) to the beneficiary at the earliest opportunity.

At this stage of the process, we are unable to take any actions for this case (such as update DS-230 part 1). We only take actions for the beneficiary’s case after we officially receive the physical file."

OK given what we all know here based on how long it takes fellow filers to get from one step to the other.. I understand where the 8 weeks comes from.. 8 weeks from the time they get the pt 3 response until interview date.. and the 1-2 weeks is how long it can take to get pkt 3...

Amazing.. as soon as I knew they had the file I sent the forms and now I am at the point that I know they have the file, they deny it and refuse to accept the forms.. I know how long it takes for the pkt 3 to get delivered.. Jim knows first hand... I can only wonder what I should do to get the forms submitted.. wait weeks for the pkt 3 or resend later this week?

What is required to get the physical done? We will be scheduling a physical for the time I am there.. hopefully on Monday 11/30... or Tuesday 12/1... what if she does not have pkt 3 by then? Do we have to take pkt 3 with us to the medical?

I think Thuy will get Packet 3 soon, so dont worry. It take from 2-4 weeks since your case sent to Consulate at Vietnam from NVC. About 3-4 weeks again after you sent packet 3 sent back to Consulate, you will get Packet 4 about interview day. Good luck !

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

You do not need to take Pkg 3 or 4 to the medical, but you do need the appointment letter, visa photos, passport and $100usd for the medical. Remember if you have to go pick up at the window, they won't give Pkg4 one wk before the interview.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott, calm down, you need a appointment letter, also if you look at it like a "CO" would, they might wonder why you are trying to push this case through, what are you hoping they miss something? If you rush them before it is time to rush them, it can make them wonder why. A educated man would know that the reason why was simply because you love her and want to be together as soon as possible, but I think most CO's are not educated, or they just get some sick perverted joy out of denying people that they know they should not have denied. But just relax and take a chill pill. At this point there is nothing and I mean nothing you can do, if they do not admit to having it, no matter how much proof you have that contradicts that, there is nothing you can do, they say it takes time to update the system, this means the person that emailed you did not feel like really checking on your status, but if it had not been checked in yet and they accepted it, you would think you were golden, what if it would have been set aside not with your case?? Can you smell a blue coming or a straight denial for lack of required evidence?? I can, best thing is to wait, or at least this is my opinion. Once they update then you can be impatient, but I would simply wait until they ask for it, even if you get it sooner, they still have their processing times, and with the packet 3 even there they tell the beneficiary to contact them ponce they get pother information needed, then they send pout packet 4, so trying to rush this will not speed anything up, if you do have all the things already for packet 3 the minute she gets it she can call, this will speed it up some, but I feel nothing else will do that. Just try to relax and concentrate on your perceived red flags, not trying to get something submitted that they have yet to ask for. Just my opinion, but good luck. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

I explained in my email why I was sending it via email and so soon... they understand that based on what they said in the portion of the email I did not post...

Ronnie, Did you guys ever get the pkt 4... We are planning to go to the medical together because after last week she is not excited about being around doctors any time soon, she was affraid to go to Cho Ray alone before all that happened... The first time I took her to HCMC she was attacked and 3 girls tried to rob her while she was holding my hand walking... so needless to say she thinks something worst will happen if she is in HCMC alone...

They sure dont make things easy for those at the other end of the country.

They quit answering the phone# there a long time ago. So her calling them is not an option... I am limited to emailing with the 1 week response times or her faxing, or spending 125 bucks for her to fly down there alone which she dreads doing... One can only wonder how long it will take for pkt 3 to arrive if it ever arrives...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Scott, I was in AP at NVC for 52 days, so I know your feeling of anxiety. FWIW, I followed up with them 5 days after I believed they got the file just to confirm receipt. 5 days later (10 days after receipt) they sent an e-mail back saying thet they had mailed the Packet 3 and also attached the PDF.

The issue is this with large bureaucracies: There is a process and there is a queue. When they are busy, the process does not get skirted, the queue only gets longer. The reason that they don't want your papers now is that they can't do anything with them. It is not time for them to be there and without the case properly logged into the HCM system, your papers would have no home. And they are not going to move you up in the queue.

The only thing you can do is follow up again with an e-mail asking for the status so they can confirm with you that they have mailed the Packet 3. THEN, you can shoot the DS-230 and the DS-2001 in there pronto so that you can get the Packet 4 clock started.

Packet 3 is nothing more than notification that you have been approved to apply for a visa and to get your preliminary paperwork in so they can complete their investigation/review and schedule you for an interview. Don't try to schedule an interview when you get Packet 3. And you cannot do the medical without an appointment letter. It will be snail-mailed WITH PACKET 4. If it gets lost, you can go to the consulate for a replacement but it will not be e-mailed to you.

I explained in my email why I was sending it via email and so soon... they understand that based on what they said in the portion of the email I did not post...

Ronnie, Did you guys ever get the pkt 4... We are planning to go to the medical together because after last week she is not excited about being around doctors any time soon, she was affraid to go to Cho Ray alone before all that happened... The first time I took her to HCMC she was attacked and 3 girls tried to rob her while she was holding my hand walking... so needless to say she thinks something worst will happen if she is in HCMC alone...

They sure dont make things easy for those at the other end of the country.

They quit answering the phone# there a long time ago. So her calling them is not an option... I am limited to emailing with the 1 week response times or her faxing, or spending 125 bucks for her to fly down there alone which she dreads doing... One can only wonder how long it will take for pkt 3 to arrive if it ever arrives...

Scott..after I went to the Window to get the Pkg 4, they said to come back one wk before the interview, few days later we got it in the mail. Hang never received Pkg 3, eventhough they emailed and said they've already sent it to her address. I checked the mailing address and it was corrected but it was not there. I waited a few days and had Hang submitted the two forms at the Window.

We found out our interview date from email when we were in Hanoi, a couple weeks before we actually received Pkg4 and appoint. letter in the maibox.

Good luck and have a fun trip going back. I know how you feel about now, try to get things together as much as possible before you're there. ChoRay can be a little rowdy, but you guys will be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My husband got his medical done with the email attachment stating his interview date (is this the appointment letter everyone keeps referring to??). He had no problems. Of course, it may or may not be different since we did CR-1 Visa. One would think if you have a letter/email from the consulate with your interview date, you'd be able to get a medical or immigration with no problems... HMMM... :P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

Todd, Having been through AP already it may be a good thing for us when it comes time to get interviewed... As many have said in the past.. most of the time they have some form of decision made before the interview based on the paperwork submitted and research/investigation they have conducted up to that point... Most of the people that I see that have gone through AP @ NVC are approved or denied at the interview and the majority are approved... I am with you on the beaurocracy aspect of it...

I will email them later this week to see if pkt 3 is sent.. then I can resend the forms.... a week later I can see if they got them and ask about the interview date so we can get the medical out of the way when I am there.. If not she will have to make an extra trip to HCMC or spend a longer time there when she goes for the interview to get the medical done a few days before... The later may be the best way to go, since her mother will be with her, if we cant get it done when I am there...

My husband got his medical done with the email attachment stating his interview date (is this the appointment letter everyone keeps referring to??). He had no problems. Of course, it may or may not be different since we did CR-1 Visa. One would think if you have a letter/email from the consulate with your interview date, you'd be able to get a medical or immigration with no problems... HMMM... :P

CR-1 folks get an e-mail appointment notification from NVC via e-mail. This is acceptable to be used for your medical because that is the means of coordinating your interview date. For K visas, the Consulate does the scheduling and they notify the applicant by snail mail. Having an e-mail with the date on it is not acceptable because there is a formal appointment letter generated by the Consulate that is required.

Todd, Having been through AP already it may be a good thing for us when it comes time to get interviewed... As many have said in the past.. most of the time they have some form of decision made before the interview based on the paperwork submitted and research/investigation they have conducted up to that point... Most of the people that I see that have gone through AP @ NVC are approved or denied at the interview and the majority are approved... I am with you on the beaurocracy aspect of it...

I will email them later this week to see if pkt 3 is sent.. then I can resend the forms.... a week later I can see if they got them and ask about the interview date so we can get the medical out of the way when I am there.. If not she will have to make an extra trip to HCMC or spend a longer time there when she goes for the interview to get the medical done a few days before... The later may be the best way to go, since her mother will be with her, if we cant get it done when I am there...

I'm not sure if being in AP at NVC helps but I know a lot of people that were in AP and all of them have been approved (though none were interviewed at HCM). I hope that it goes smoothly for you and you sail right through. My wife had no problems at Cho Ray but she is used to the conditions in HCM. If Thuy wants to talk to someone who has been there for the medical, PM me and I can have Hien call her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.