MoLuvsAcory

Does JA usually take long to give k1 interview dates???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello once again!! I'm beginning 2b a little impatient w/JA embassy. I sent off DS230 via courier @ the end of sept. All now we haven't rcv'd packet 4. I did email them, but response rcv'd is that when a date is available they will make us know. Is this usually how long it takes or did my documents reach the embassy @ a time where dates are truly not available??

Ya.. the average for the Embassy in Jamaica is about 74 days (from when the get your case until the interview date; based on VJ Timelines) - you're at 88 days now and no interview date yet - not horrible but longer than 'usual.' Can't imagine it should be too much longer... Could just be a larger than usual volume of people.

Timeline
Hello once again!! I'm beginning 2b a little impatient w/JA embassy. I sent off DS230 via courier @ the end of sept. All now we haven't rcv'd packet 4. I did email them, but response rcv'd is that when a date is available they will make us know. Is this usually how long it takes or did my documents reach the embassy @ a time where dates are truly not available??

You should try emailing the DS230 to them. I did and I got a reply the same day with my interview date. Have you called the DOS? They can tell you if a date were set.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Email addresses for JA embassy: consularkingst@state.gov and kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

You should try emailing the DS230 to them. I did and I got a reply the same day with my interview date. Have you called the DOS? They can tell you if a date were set.

I called them and lady i spoke with stated she didnt see that it was received in the system. She did however say it may have been received but not processed yet. Although she said that, i do have the name of person who signed for it when FedEx delivered it. Trust me, i dont know what to do. Im heading to JA on the 11th of November and right now i feel to head there to find out what really is going on. But i will try email the form

Timeline

Email addresses for JA embassy: consularkingst@state.gov and kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Lady C, i emailed my concerns to both addresses. I did get a response. But it was a very shallow one. All it said was when a date is available they will notify us. I guess i will email ds230 to them and also continue to email my concerns. Im heading to JA on the 11th of Nov so before i fly out i will contact DOS via phone.

Timeline

They are doing pretty good about given dates out. I bet before this week is out you will have one... Just keep emailing it...and call the DOS like every other day... I think it's great you are being persistant :thumbs:

Timeline
They are doing pretty good about given dates out. I bet before this week is out you will have one... Just keep emailing it...and call the DOS like every other day... I think it's great you are being persistant :thumbs:

thanks MsTee. I plan to do that, calling & emailing. I'm hoping that we do hear something from them before I head down. I will continue to stay optimistic & persistent.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They received our DS-20 on Oct 19th and when I emailed them all week about an interview date, all I got was a automatic response from the US Embassy in JA. Then I emailed them our DS-230 on Oct 28th and they called my fiance' in JA personally within 2 hours and told him the date and that they would be emailing me back. I got an email back from them and they attached our interview letter to the email along with details for me. EMAIL THE DS-230!!! Mstee helped me on that because they kept telling her that they never got it!

Timeline

They received our DS-20 on Oct 19th and when I emailed them all week about an interview date, all I got was a automatic response from the US Embassy in JA. Then I emailed them our DS-230 on Oct 28th and they called my fiance' in JA personally within 2 hours and told him the date and that they would be emailing me back. I got an email back from them and they attached our interview letter to the email along with details for me. EMAIL THE DS-230!!! Mstee helped me on that because they kept telling her that they never got it!

ok definitely doing that!! I'm going to call DOS 2mrrw though to c what they are saying. Thanks every1. I will keep you all updated.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow I am so happy for you guys. I am still waiting on the 3 packet. They recieved our DS230 form on Novemeber 13,2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.