comradebob

submitting 129F package

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Preparing to file for my 129F for a K1 visa now. still scrambling to get all my documents together while trying to keep my fiance calm. I do have a few questions I was hoping you guys would be able to help me with. I've read the Guides on this forum, but the fiance have read on the Chinese forums that I also need to submit the Beneficiary's birth certificate, the applicant and beneficiary's account of how your relationship developed, and some of the record for phone conversations(I saw on the guide specifically stating this is pretty much useless), in addition to everything listed on the guide here. I'm just wanna make sure that this isn't something specific to filing K1 for a Chinese beneficiary. Any feedback you guys have will be great.

welcome to VJ!!

THESE PAGES WERE HELPFUL FOR ME during my process:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

i suggest you explore this site more, type keywords related to your concerns to locate forums.. and bookmark websites that you found helpful so you can go back to them anytime you need them ;) good luck and wish u a speedy process ^_^

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thx for the links, but my fiance and I are more concerned with the discrepancies in the guides. The chinese forums she look at, which I personally have less faith in do seem to all say the same thing. so I have to be thorough and see if anyone on here filed for a beneficiary in China.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thx for the links, but my fiance and I are more concerned with the discrepancies in the guides. The chinese forums she look at, which I personally have less faith in do seem to all say the same thing. so I have to be thorough and see if anyone on here filed for a beneficiary in China.

Which "chinese forum" are you referring to? Anyone, including myself, in the VJ chinese subforum will tell you to follow and read the K1 guide. With your I-129F application, you will submit a copy (front and back) of your (petitioner) birth certificate OR all pages of your USC passport. Keep asking questions, there are a lot of good people here to answer. :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is a list (from my cover letter) of what I submitted:

- Payment in the amount of $455. (personal check)

- I-129F Application

- I-129F Supplement: Attachment 1 - Question 6 - Marital Status: Proof of Divorce.

- I-129F Supplement: Attachment 2 - Question 18 - Explanation of meeting in person.

- I-129F Supplement: Attachment 3 - Proof of having met in person in the past two years.

- I-129F Supplement: Attachment 4 - Statement of evolution of ongoing relationship.

- I-129F Supplement: Attachment 5 - Letter certifying intent to marry; one each signed (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- I-129F Supplement: Attachment 6 - Birth certificate/US Passport. (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport style photo in plastic bag (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport style photo in plastic bag (Beneficiary)

I hope this helps... :)

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

beneficiary's account of how your relationship developed,

This is called an evolution of relationship letter, and it's ALWAYS done by the PETITIONER (USC, usually YOU ) . It will be looked at , with scrutiny, by a VO on Interview Day (if supplied on Interview Day ) or doing the casefile review process at GUZ, prior to interview day, IFF you supplied it with the petition submittal.

If you don't include it with initial petition submittal , at least have it ready for interview day.

Some folk go into the GUZ Consulate Office for ACS, have the EOR letter NOTARIZED in GUZ. Many times the ConOff doing the notary work will be the IO on the interview day.

Beneficiary's birth certificate - as I recall - a COPY is sufficient. She'll need to supply you with a Chinese/English Notarial Translation of the b/c - usually called a WHITE BOOK. At this stage, petition submittal, a COPY is fine. The original will be gathered up on Interview Day by a Document Screener.

record of phone conversations - eh - not the transcribed to text versions - but CALL DETAIL RECORDS from your phone service provider. These are optional, and are used to prove that you've remained in contact with her. Other things work, also - chat logs, chat history logs, emails, postal mails.

Ask her if she's reading through the 001 forum. If that's the case, don't sweat it - about 80 percent of the info there is 2nd hand, 3rd party, rumour, mixed with innuendo... The other 20 percent is usually 'direct experience' and 'cold hard facts'.

GOOD LUCK !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.