calico1

Need help and advice

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, really need your help or advice on this one. My wife had her interview on Oct.23 and did pretty well except at the last minute the american CO asked her to get a NBI aka paper cleared up, so they gave her the white sheet..she complied with the mnl-1v-22 and after running around manila all day found the NBI and got the aka letter she needed..they accept the aka letter in window 17 or 20 or by air21 courier..so she sent by air21 as it was friday and she had to fly home. The correction letter was recieved monday by the USEM. My question is does anyone know how long it will take to credit our case or when we night get our visa? The aka NBI thing was the very smallest issue, decades ago the doctor who delivered her put 2 r's in her name instead of one..and she already had the birth certif certified corrected when we got her annulment started back in 2006..it was a heart breaker to see them pick out something so small..and now after complying.. for the first time in a year we dont know what to do..if anyone has ever had experience with having to submit a NBI aka sheet..I could really use the info, and I greatfully thank in advance any replies. ... J & Mabing

once you find her..never let her go

6 trips to phili from 10-05 to 11-08

married CDO 11-18-08

I-130 sent 12-30-08

noa1 reciept 1-08-09

I-130 approved 6-14-09 Cal serv center NVC recieved 6-28-09

3032 choice sent 7-1-09

AOS fee bill generated 7-1-09

IV bill generated 7-7-09

IV bill credited 7-14-09

AOS bill credited 7-24-09

ds 230 sent to NVC 7-28-09

AOS 864 sent to NVC 7-28-09

ds 230 & 864 recieved 8-5-09 priority/cert. mail

case completed 8-13-09

St. Lukes 10-6, 10-7 - 09' she passed :)

Interview date US embassy Manila 10-23-09..visa refused "additional NBI "aka" needed"

additional NBI aka submitted 10-26-09

VISA arrived via AIR21 to CDO 11-03-09

Wife arrives USofA 11-17-09 Our journey a to z 4.6 years

Wife's SSN card arrives 11-28-09

Wife's Green card arrives 12-05-09...faster than expected

removal of conditions

I-751 app file date 8-18-11 CSC

NOA receipt 8-20-11

I-797c biometrics 9-28-11

Hi guys, really need your help or advice on this one. My wife had her interview on Oct.23 and did pretty well except at the last minute the american CO asked her to get a NBI aka paper cleared up, so they gave her the white sheet..she complied with the mnl-1v-22 and after running around manila all day found the NBI and got the aka letter she needed..they accept the aka letter in window 17 or 20 or by air21 courier..so she sent by air21 as it was friday and she had to fly home. The correction letter was recieved monday by the USEM. My question is does anyone know how long it will take to credit our case or when we night get our visa? The aka NBI thing was the very smallest issue, decades ago the doctor who delivered her put 2 r's in her name instead of one..and she already had the birth certif certified corrected when we got her annulment started back in 2006..it was a heart breaker to see them pick out something so small..and now after complying.. for the first time in a year we dont know what to do..if anyone has ever had experience with having to submit a NBI aka sheet..I could really use the info, and I greatfully thank in advance any replies. ... J & Mabing

Be prepared to wait at least a month. Minimum would be 2 weeks which is rare.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Thanks Dakine..I was hoping you would answer..it helps some..we are understandly nervous

once you find her..never let her go

6 trips to phili from 10-05 to 11-08

married CDO 11-18-08

I-130 sent 12-30-08

noa1 reciept 1-08-09

I-130 approved 6-14-09 Cal serv center NVC recieved 6-28-09

3032 choice sent 7-1-09

AOS fee bill generated 7-1-09

IV bill generated 7-7-09

IV bill credited 7-14-09

AOS bill credited 7-24-09

ds 230 sent to NVC 7-28-09

AOS 864 sent to NVC 7-28-09

ds 230 & 864 recieved 8-5-09 priority/cert. mail

case completed 8-13-09

St. Lukes 10-6, 10-7 - 09' she passed :)

Interview date US embassy Manila 10-23-09..visa refused "additional NBI "aka" needed"

additional NBI aka submitted 10-26-09

VISA arrived via AIR21 to CDO 11-03-09

Wife arrives USofA 11-17-09 Our journey a to z 4.6 years

Wife's SSN card arrives 11-28-09

Wife's Green card arrives 12-05-09...faster than expected

removal of conditions

I-751 app file date 8-18-11 CSC

NOA receipt 8-20-11

I-797c biometrics 9-28-11

Thanks Dakine..I was hoping you would answer..it helps some..we are understandly nervous

I gather you are not in the PI yourself. This is an example of how being there helps. Even though your fiancee can't get back in, you can, with a US passport. And you could have walked up to Window "X" (truly) and asked that the matter be expedited. It would have been. Otherwise - it takes as long as it takes. CO's can take a while to pick up a file again. However you can check the status yourself via the call center - with her MNL number.

Mike & Beth, Riverton, WY

I-129F Section:

23 Apr 2009 | CSC Received I-129F

26 Sep 2009 | Wedding

AoS Section:

09 Oct 2009 | I-485 packet received in Chicago

06 Mar 2010 | Green Cards received

I-751 Removal of Conditions Section:

26 Nov 2011 | Filed I-751 ROC packet to CSC

16 Jun 2012 | 10 Year Green cards arrive

N-400 Naturalization - Citizenship Section:

26 NOV 2012 | Sent N-400 to Phoenix Lockbox

30 NOV 2012 | 797C

17 DEC 2012 | Biometrics

I gather you are not in the PI yourself. This is an example of how being there helps. Even though your fiancee can't get back in, you can, with a US passport. And you could have walked up to Window "X" (truly) and asked that the matter be expedited. It would have been. Otherwise - it takes as long as it takes. CO's can take a while to pick up a file again. However you can check the status yourself via the call center - with her MNL number.

Being there helps for showing a bonafide relationship but not for expediting. The evidence you submit goes on the bottom of the pile regardless.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

This is true, If you were there you can go inside Embassy with US Passport and get an update.

From past posts, I would say your wait time could be up to 1 month or maybe longer

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

If the petitioner had been at the interview the CO may not even have called the minor error.

Friend of mine attended the interview with his fiancee and it turned out the CO had been a high school friend of his. Small world and SLAM DUNK!

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.