Mem n Chris

Good credit cards?

13 posts in this topic

There are no such things as good credit cards. If you really want to get a card I recommend you compare several and look at things such as balance transfer offers, interest rates, late payments, and fraud. You can probably google credit card ratings to get an idea. I would still recommend staying away from them, there are better ways of showing proof of marriage.

Edited by Jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Hi,

Just wondering how to choose a good credit cards and open an account to use as one of the proof of our marriage

. Any recommendations?

really do not need to open a new account. your spouse can have card issued in your name from an existing account. if you want to establish credit in your name, a secured credit card is a good way to start.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Hi,

Just wondering how to choose a good credit cards and open an account to use as one of the proof of our marriage

. Any recommendations?

really do not need to open a new account. your spouse can have card issued in your name from an existing account. if you want to establish credit in your name, a secured credit card is a good way to start.

:thumbs:

And everything that is in joint names such as bank accounts, health/car insurance, utility bills, life insurance, Taxes, etc. are good proof of marriage.

Hi,

. Any recommendations?

For proof of marriage using your credit card, just request your husband to have you an joint card holder. If your husband has good credit, it would boost your credit score too. But if he does not have good credit, you should have a separate credit card.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

. Any recommendations?

There is no such thing as a good credit card. When you have a credit card you will always have an emergency or many that will put you in debt. Its much better to live within your means. If you spend more than you make you will never get ahead. People say they want credit cards just in case they need it but unfortunately it never works that way.

xl91yv7f.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Capital One. I got it with no credit history here. Also, no yearly fee and you can personalize it, choose your own design.

The Lord is my strength and my shield,

My heart trusted in Him and I am helped,

therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

and with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7

Capital One. I got it with no credit history here. Also, no yearly fee and you can personalize it, choose your own design.

Maybe so, But a Filipino is gonna have a tough time getting a credit card in USA.

Best option is Secured CC to start building credit

You can call your spouses CC company and see if they will put you on his credit card as a Joint account holder. Don't get put on as a authorized user cuz this will not help your Credit score

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

. Any recommendations?

There is no such thing as a good credit card. When you have a credit card you will always have an emergency or many that will put you in debt. Its much better to live within your means. If you spend more than you make you will never get ahead. People say they want credit cards just in case they need it but unfortunately it never works that way.

It really depends on the person, because with my husband that's his reason why we got a credit card, and it helped us during our emergencies like fridge broke down, paying his tuition because the company where he works will only reimburse his tuition after the end of the semester. He is very disciplined and very careful with money. We did a lot of research and readings on what to look in getting a credit card before getting one.

Do a lot of research and readings about what you should be looking into in getting the credit card.

Filed: Other Timeline

You must provide proof that you will be financially provided for or will be financially sufficient without any help from public funds. Documentation of living arrangements, employment records, resumes/CVs of both resident and applicant spouse, bank records, statements of held assets and attestations of housing by landlords or family members who are providing are all suitable (and recommended) to accompany your visa application. The more proof you have that you are financially supported/supportive, the higher your chances will be of being granted a visa.

You must provide proof that you will be financially provided for or will be financially sufficient without any help from public funds. Documentation of living arrangements, employment records, resumes/CVs of both resident and applicant spouse, bank records, statements of held assets and attestations of housing by landlords or family members who are providing are all suitable (and recommended) to accompany your visa application. The more proof you have that you are financially supported/supportive, the higher your chances will be of being granted a visa.

Hi, Left Field Called.

They want you back :bonk::bonk:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

. Any recommendations?

It really depends on the person, because with my husband that's his reason why we got a credit card, and it helped us during our emergencies like fridge broke down, paying his tuition because the company where he works will only reimburse his tuition after the end of the semester. He is very disciplined and very careful with money. We did a lot of research and readings on what to look in getting a credit card before getting one.

Do a lot of research and readings about what you should be looking into in getting the credit card.

So what happens if he loses that job tomorrow? And you got credit card debt to pay off still??? :unsure:

If your family had a proper 'emergency fund' set aside you could have paid cash for a new fridge and likely got a good discount and spent less money...

If you have a lot of credit card debt and your job gets bad, causing you to have less income, Guess what happens???

That fridge could very easily end up costing you twice as much as it should have because of interest and late payment fees... You will also lose a lot of sleep at night... :thumbs:

Anyone can run out and get a credit card if they are having trouble getting by and paying the bills. Having a credit card does NOT mean that they are smart.

A 'smart' guy will live beneath his means, plan for the future, save for a rainy day, and set aside an emergency fund for really hard times... He will also sleep really good at night knowing that his family is truly provided for and secure... :thumbs:

A 'smart' wife will understand this and appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.