7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This is probably a silly question but I've looked everywhere and all I've achieved so far is to get very confused.

We're moving in a couple of weeks (my husband is the USC and I'm the beneficiary) so I know we need to notify USCIS of our change of address. Would anybody be so kind as to list the steps to follow? I know I'm supposed to fill out a form AR-11 (within 10 days) but what about my husband? Does he need to fill out any forms? I read something about the sponsor on I-864 having to fill out a different form =/ (form I-865) Is that true? I'm confused because some websites say it's needed and others don't even mention it.

Also I know there's two ways to do it; to mail form AR-11 or to do it online.. I'm planning on doing it online so I just file form AR-11 and that's it? Or there's more steps to follow?

Thanks in advance!!

event.png

AOS Timeline

08/18/2009 - Sent I-130 & I-485 Packages by USPS

08/20/2009 - Package arrived @ Chicago,IL lockbox

08/26/2009 - Checks cashed

08/29/2009 - NOA for I-130 & I-485 recieved (dated 08/25/2009)

08/31/2009 - Biometrics letter received (dated 08/27/2009)

09/23/2009 - Biometrics appointment @ 10 am (done!)

10/17/2009 - Interview letter received (dated 10/14/2009)

11/19/2009 - Interview (RFE issued since Dr. "forgot" to fill out part of I-693)

12/02/2009 - RFE sent

12/08/2009 - Recieved USCIS e-mail notifying I've been approved =)

12/11/2009 - Recieved "Welcome Letter"

12/15/2009 - GC arrived!

..All done 'til 2011 =)

Need an info too.. Be moving by next month! HELP!

Filed N-400 (Arizona Lockbox) - July 10, 2014

NOA received - July 22, 2014

Biometrics - August 8, 2014

In line for interview scheduling - August 12, 2014

i would go to uscis.gov, click on forms and look on the right hand side under More informations...click on either change of address or electronic change of address.. i would look at both though...i think all the info you need is written there.

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Hello everyone,

This is probably a silly question but I've looked everywhere and all I've achieved so far is to get very confused.

We're moving in a couple of weeks (my husband is the USC and I'm the beneficiary) so I know we need to notify USCIS of our change of address. Would anybody be so kind as to list the steps to follow? I know I'm supposed to fill out a form AR-11 (within 10 days) but what about my husband? Does he need to fill out any forms? I read something about the sponsor on I-864 having to fill out a different form =/ (form I-865) Is that true? I'm confused because some websites say it's needed and others don't even mention it.

Also I know there's two ways to do it; to mail form AR-11 or to do it online.. I'm planning on doing it online so I just file form AR-11 and that's it? Or there's more steps to follow?

Thanks in advance!!

Correct, you need to do the AR-11. You need to do both postal and electronic since you are still in the process of AOS (from your timeline).

And also correct, since you are not yet a US citizen, your sponsor(s) need to fill out a I-865 form and mail it.

Online Change of Address is a web-based tool that allows you to change your address online so that USCIS can contact you regarding your status. Customers who have filed an application or petition with USCIS but have not yet received a decision (a "pending" case) should notify USCIS of any change of address as soon as possible after moving.

In addition to changing your address for a pending application the law requires that all non-U.S. citizens, except for holders of A or G visas, report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a USCIS Form AR-11, Change of Address.

Please follow the instructions below before filing an Online Change of Address to ensure that you follow the correct procedures.

1. U.S. Citizens

If you have moved, and you have a pending case, you can change your address online here on our website. Please note that the law does not require U.S. citizens to file a Form AR-11.

2. Non-U.S. Citizens

If you have moved, you need to follow two different steps:

* Step 1: File a Form AR-11 (This changes your address in our master database.);

* Step 2: If you have a pending case, you must also file a Change of Address online or call our National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. (This changes your address for the specific application you have submitted.)

Please note that if you are a non-U.S. citizen and you have a pending case, you must complete both steps to make sure that you comply with the regulations and so we can reach you at your correct address.

The Process

If you want to change your address online and/or file a Form AR-11 using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have certain information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

* Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS);

* Your new address;

* Your old address;

* If you have filed a petition for a family member, the names and biographical information for that person.

If you are a non-U.S. citizen, please also have:

* The date when you last entered the United States (If you cannot remember, please fill in an approximate date.);

* The location where you last entered the United States (the port of entry where you entered – whether by land, sea, or air).

I just want a clarification for this..

1. My husband, who is a US citizen, will apply for change of address online AND has to send the I-865 form? Right?

2. I, the beneficiary, has to file online AND has to send the AR-11 through mail? Right?

Need your reply asap.. Thanks =)

/bump

event.png

AOS Timeline

08/18/2009 - Sent I-130 & I-485 Packages by USPS

08/20/2009 - Package arrived @ Chicago,IL lockbox

08/26/2009 - Checks cashed

08/29/2009 - NOA for I-130 & I-485 recieved (dated 08/25/2009)

08/31/2009 - Biometrics letter received (dated 08/27/2009)

09/23/2009 - Biometrics appointment @ 10 am (done!)

10/17/2009 - Interview letter received (dated 10/14/2009)

11/19/2009 - Interview (RFE issued since Dr. "forgot" to fill out part of I-693)

12/02/2009 - RFE sent

12/08/2009 - Recieved USCIS e-mail notifying I've been approved =)

12/11/2009 - Recieved "Welcome Letter"

12/15/2009 - GC arrived!

..All done 'til 2011 =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.