serbiangirl

Has anyone Co-Sponsor used their house as an asset on the I864A/I864?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am so stuck! I really do not know what to do. I make about $30,000 a year and continue to live with my family until my husband comes here in the US (I want to find a a place together with him). I have worked at this same Social Service agency for about 4 1/2 years only to leave it back in June of 2008 to be with my husband for about 5 months (we got married in Denmark); I then came back to US and was able to get my (same) job back (same position, salary, etc.). I had the place I work make a letter, I included about 3 months work of paystubs, 4 years of taxes and the embassy requested that I get an I864A.

My father did the I864A BUT only included his pension, which I thought would be okay because I have my own income. I found out last week that my father does not qualify and iS under the poverty guidelines. I received an email from the embassy also stating that now I need an I864. I barely have any family in the US, the friends I have are laid off, getting divorced, etc.

What should I do?? I will call the embassy this Tuesday to see if maybe I incorrectly filled out the I864 I did for myself. My parents are not my dependants, my brother also lives at home but he is employed, my mother is a housewife. BUT NONE OF THEM DEPEND ON MY INCOME.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Edited by serbiangirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I am kind of at a loss as to what you want someone to respond to you.... You posted another thread with the same questions and situation and got 11 responses... They all basically were the same as here... No need to post several threads

Bottom line, we do not understand WHY they are asking for more income since you clearly make enough to support the two of you... You should not need a co-sponsor... You need to call the embassy, send them an e-mail, fax them a letter... whatever... and find out why they are asking for this and point out you make over 125% of poverty level...

Outside of that, I am not sure what else people can answer you here... Until you find out WHY they need it, then you can give them what they need... But many have offered their opinions on using the house... But you need to contact them and find out...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

I am kind of at a loss as to what you want someone to respond to you.... You posted another thread with the same questions and situation and got 11 responses... They all basically were the same as here... No need to post several threads

Bottom line, we do not understand WHY they are asking for more income since you clearly make enough to support the two of you... You should not need a co-sponsor... You need to call the embassy, send them an e-mail, fax them a letter... whatever... and find out why they are asking for this and point out you make over 125% of poverty level...

Outside of that, I am not sure what else people can answer you here... Until you find out WHY they need it, then you can give them what they need... But many have offered their opinions on using the house... But you need to contact them and find out...

Well, I guess the reason why I posted 2 different topics is because in one topic I literally explained my whole situation while in this topic, I basically asked about using a house. Overall, I am confused, mad, and obviously freaking out about everything...the embassy, who I would use for a co-sponsor, that I haven't seen my husband in a year, etc.

Yes, you are right and I will call the embassy. I guess I was just hoping to see if there was anyone else in a similar situation such as myself....I don't know. I only posted 2 topicas...so calm down. If you were in my position, i'm sure you would probably be the same way.

Timeline

Well, I guess the reason why I posted 2 different topics is because in one topic I literally explained my whole situation while in this topic, I basically asked about using a house. Overall, I am confused, mad, and obviously freaking out about everything...the embassy, who I would use for a co-sponsor, that I haven't seen my husband in a year, etc.

Yes, you are right and I will call the embassy. I guess I was just hoping to see if there was anyone else in a similar situation such as myself....I don't know. I only posted 2 topicas...so calm down. If you were in my position, i'm sure you would probably be the same way.

We all understand that this process is frustrating... and I am sure more so when you have clearly met the requirements that they put forward and they make conflicting decisions... But the best people to answer that is the embassy... Perhaps they made an error and did not notice you made enough??? Only they can answer that...

And dont worry, I am not the one nervous... just pointing out that it is easier to address all your questions with one thread instead of you having to go between different ones... it is also easier for people to answer questions if all the info is in one place and responses are all together...

Hope that you get the answers you seek and that you can soon be reunited...

I-130

Citizenship Process;

We all understand that this process is frustrating... and I am sure more so when you have clearly met the requirements that they put forward and they make conflicting decisions... But the best people to answer that is the embassy... Perhaps they made an error and did not notice you made enough??? Only they can answer that...

And dont worry, I am not the one nervous... just pointing out that it is easier to address all your questions with one thread instead of you having to go between different ones... it is also easier for people to answer questions if all the info is in one place and responses are all together...

Yes, it is and again, I totally agree.

Okay, but i'm stressing out big time so, when I notice only a few people responding to one thread...yea, i'm definitely going to create another one. I'm annoying like that. Any response I get, actually helps me out.

Thank you!

Timeline

Okay, but i'm stressing out big time so, when I notice only a few people responding to one thread...yea, i'm definitely going to create another one. I'm annoying like that. Any response I get, actually helps me out.

Thank you!

1AM on a Sunday... not sure how many responses you will get?? Good luck

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Thank you!

1AM on a Sunday... not sure how many responses you will get?? Good luck

Alright, I received enough responses. I ONLY POSTED 2 TOPICS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.